Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Malicious Arbiter  (Read 2414 times)
Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« on: August 28, 2012, 02:37:39 AM »

Well, I got my saber today!  It's a Dark Arbiter with a Malice Emitter, and one extra MLS unit.  I'll say that it is awesome, but for now I'll just let my unboxing/review do the talking.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LnE_W7ygQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6LnE_W7ygQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c0WId1w8Fg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c0WId1w8Fg</a>

Well, I've tested it some since then, so I'll put in some text to flesh out this review.

Service:  10/10.  They gave me Forum Only colors, even though I didn't quite follow their instructions how I should've.  Thanks again you guys!  They also had this thing shipped faster than I would've believed they were allowed to on a weekend.  Ordered on Saturday evening, and it shipped out on Monday.  That's just too awesome for words.

Shipping:  9/10.  I have no complaints, except for one.  I live too far away.  It took UPS a full week to get it to me from Ultra, because of the weekend.  I can't describe how torturous it is having a saber sitting 40 minutes away, and having to wait two days for it to get to you.  The box and saber were completely undamaged as well.

Hilt:  9.5/10.  This is just an awesome hilt.  It's long, balanced, (except for the Malice emitter, but that's to be expected) and sturdy.  My first MHS saber, this thing has WAY too many parts, and you can be sure I'll be getting more parts to play with.  My only issue is that I can't fit the MLS unit into the hilt when I take off the extension.  If the switch were about .5 inches lower, it'd work.  Oh well.

Internals:  9.9/10.  There was only one nick in a wire, but it looks superficial.  Also, the QD's stick together much too well.  I have a bit of trouble getting them apart, but at least they're solid.

Blade:  8/10.  My first Mid Grade blade, this thing is brighter than my HG's by a bit.  However, with it weighing in at virtually nothing, I'm worried about breaking it.  Especially with the weight of the blade claws behind it.  Also, it looks so much like an UltraEdge blade when lit up, I'm not sure if I'll ever get a UEMG blade.

So that's it.  I'll probably post some pics later for you guys to drool over.

MTFBWY
Kaiden Shardsbane

Byourel
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 03:07:25 AM »

Great looking saber, great colors, and nice showing of the various pieces! Excellent review! Just to pick on you, although I knew what you meant, you said "Dark Archon" a couple times in the first video.  Tongue

"Two there should be; No more, no less. One to embody the power of the Dark Side, the other to crave it." - Bane, Dark Lord of the Sith

Dark Side Points!

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 03:18:32 AM »

Hmm... Y'know, what?  I did.

That's what you get for playing too much Starcraft.  That, and I was looking at the Archon for a long time as my next saber.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 03:32:56 AM »

Very nice Kaiden

Ibonek Naw-Ibo
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »

Thats a great review, very detailed even though you were saying the wrong saber  Grin having said that. you receive a point. I really like how you took apart the saber and explained exactly what you were doing. Congrats and good job.

US:
Dark Standard Issue V2 Staff in VA          Blue Liberator in SRD
Dark Initiate LE V3 in AS - Grab Bag         Red Liberator in AS
Aeon V2 in FO - Grab Bag
MR:
Obi-Wan ROTS              Qui-Gon LE
Hasbro:
Obi-Wan TPM
Parks:
Helix EL

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »

I think that hilt with that emitter just makes it the perfect Wookiee lightsaber.  Good choice in colors too!

Oh and I feel your pain about UPS... they're a nightmare.  I had mine waiting in my town for a weekend as well, since I was at work when they tried to deliver it Sad  I managed to get home in time yesterday to catch the UPS guy and I was SO excited lol.

Starfox207
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:12 PM »

Kaiden Shardsbane, Great review!  I will say, that you know how to keep the audience in suspense.  I was like TURN IT ON TURN IT!  The second video really does it justice too, because the batteries did indeed need the charge.

My favorite quote from this review was "Oh, wow...Well...I'm in love".  I think i fell in love with that saber too, and I it is most def on my wish list now.  The great thing is that as you said, there are a multitude of pieces, which helps in the customization dept.  Those Malice Blades look insane on that thing by the way.  Kaiden, could you explain what it is like to wield it with the claws on the bottom?  That looked really unique, but I think it might be too unwieldy.
Anyways thanks for sharing that!  The DVA is superb!

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Inactive Member

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »

Thanks everyone!  Glad you liked the review!

@Starfox207:  Wielding it with the blades on the bottom is interesting to say the least.  It really doesn't feel like a sword at all.  It feels more like you're wielding a staff, as the weight is balanced right above the switch.  For people like myself, who prefer holding a saber at the emitter, it feels all backwards.  I've even found myself "striking" with a nonexistent blade because the weight is all down by the blades.  For people who like holding the saber lower, it feels a lot lighter, as the balance point is just above their hand, instead of up at the emitter.

So, really, weight is the only issue.  It feels really good in a reverse grip; more like holding a saber upright.  The claws haven't gotten in my way yet, although you'll want to be careful when doing spins and such.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 01:28:57 AM »

Excellent review , and excellent saber!

dark side points please

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 01:34:09 AM »

I'm glad you got the colors you wanted! I was worried for you. That malice emitter is a beast! and I kinda want my own MHS hilt now.. Though I think I am craving the overlord.

Great review!

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 04:20:24 PM »

Simply monster - nice combo!

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: