Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 449521 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1830 on: January 01, 2021, 04:38:59 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I haven't forgotten about this thread and all of you, but the last month has been rather quiet as far as forum activity is concerned.

However I want to thank you all for the support and kind comments you have all sent my way this past year and I hope to continue designing and posting here in 2021. Speaking of 2021....

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1831 on: January 01, 2021, 07:33:03 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I haven't forgotten about this thread and all of you, but the last month has been rather quiet as far as forum activity is concerned.

However I want to thank you all for the support and kind comments you have all sent my way this past year and I hope to continue designing and posting here in 2021. Speaking of 2021....

Happy new year to you too!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1832 on: January 01, 2021, 09:02:13 PM »

Happy new year to you too!

Thanks Psycho, I really hope you and yours had a peaceful and happy holidays and that you have a great 2021.

Your fantastic saber doodlings were a highlight of 2020 so you deserve a good year.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1833 on: January 03, 2021, 12:16:02 AM »

Nice send off For. Looking forward to seeing what designs you come up with in the new year.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1834 on: January 04, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »

Happy New Year, For and everyone!

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1835 on: January 10, 2021, 12:38:57 AM »

Thanks again everyone for helping improve this one.

Late to the party as always with my built-in real life lag.  This Sith Lasat blade is siiiiiiiiiiiiick!  Especailly with me being in a dark side frame of mind lately, this would be a must have for me if it ever got forged.  Even my wife called it incredible as she walked by while I was scanning the last few pages of this thread.  Excellent work as always!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1836 on: January 10, 2021, 04:08:32 AM »

Late to the party as always with my built-in real life lag.  This Sith Lasat blade is siiiiiiiiiiiiick!  Especailly with me being in a dark side frame of mind lately, this would be a must have for me if it ever got forged.  Even my wife called it incredible as she walked by while I was scanning the last few pages of this thread.  Excellent work as always!

Hi HanSolo and Mrs Voltron, I hope you are doing well if a little busy! It has been a ridiculously difficult year. Back to more positive subjects, you are both very kind, I'm glad you liked this hilt. I had some great input from the folks here which added the finishing touches and made the saber better.

If I say so myself this is one of the most pretty hilts I have done and wish I could get it built.

Hope 2021 is a better and more relaxed year for both of you and thanks for the support and encouragement you've shown me. +1

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1837 on: January 17, 2021, 06:57:20 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's due time that I post a new design and I decided to go all out classic and honour a martial arts legend....

Yes, it is Bruce Lee and the famous "Game of Death" jumpsuit . I created a simple but elegant Katana styled hilt and featured logos of the Bruce Lee Foundation as the activation switch and the pommel end cap decoration. The sound vents are integrated into the "Tsuka Ito" like diamond windows. Down each side panel runs the iconic black trim found on the jumpsuit, and there are plaques with an airborne Bruce Lee performing his legendary dropkick.

I hope this is a fitting tribute to a real Warrior. Thanks for looking in on this one and till next time......be like water!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1838 on: January 17, 2021, 10:10:41 AM »

I think you nailed it For. Colour and style has that 1970s version of futuristic design and the details are awesome.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1839 on: January 17, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »

Hello Everybody,

It's due time that I post a new design and I decided to go all out classic and honour a martial arts legend....

Yes, it is Bruce Lee and the famous "Game of Death" jumpsuit . I created a simple but elegant Katana styled hilt and featured logos of the Bruce Lee Foundation as the activation switch and the pommel end cap decoration. The sound vents are integrated into the "Tsuka Ito" like diamond windows. Down each side panel runs the iconic black trim found on the jumpsuit, and there are plaques with an airborne Bruce Lee performing his legendary dropkick.

I hope this is a fitting tribute to a real Warrior. Thanks for looking in on this one and till next time......be like water!

As someone's who's a huge Bruce Lee fan, I love this, For! It's a great tribute and really resonates with me. It's a classic and timeless design capturing his legacy really well from his movies and what Bruce was known for. Points incoming for this!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1840 on: January 17, 2021, 04:04:28 PM »

I think you nailed it For. Colour and style has that 1970s version of futuristic design and the details are awesome.
As someone's who's a huge Bruce Lee fan, I love this, For! It's a great tribute and really resonates with me. It's a classic and timeless design capturing his legacy really well from his movies and what Bruce was known for. Points incoming for this!

Hi LSG and Infinit, thanks guys, I am pleased how this one turned out. I intentionally kept it simple as the jumpsuit itself was so basic but so striking (<pun not intended). As soon as I got the right shade of yellow it all began to click.

Funny story though: I was searching for a Chinese text symbol for Dragon and the logo I turned into the pommel decoration came up. I didn't realise at first that the logo I have is actually a variation of the dropkick logo combined into the Dragon symbol itself.

points incoming.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1841 on: January 18, 2021, 01:43:59 AM »

Hello Everybody,

That is beyond cool FT, really awesome. That's one horrifying individual with a lightsaber in hand... I'd love to watch those fights go down. Suddenly feels like the universe wouldn't have enough bad guys to throw at that one...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #1842 on: January 18, 2021, 02:41:54 AM »

That's a beautiful design. In the words of Bruce Lee himself "It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential." Your design exemplifies that philosophy. It's elegant and simple, yet instantly recognizable and entirely functional.

And as DarthProdigal said, Bruce Lee with a lightsaber would be a sight to behold, and not one you'd want to go up against if you value your life. It is said that Bruce Lee's punches were so fast they had to alter how they recorded them so they'd be properly visible on screen. He supposedly had custom made super heavy and durable punching bags made to hold up to is punches and kicks. There's video of him effortlessly doing reps of one-hand two-fingertip pushups. Famous bodybuilding magnate Joe Weider once supposedly said Lee had "the most defined body I've ever seen!" People have claimed to see him throw a grain of rice into the air and catch it mid-air with chopsticks. I'd think the in-universe Star Wars explanation would have to be he was insanely gifted in the force and was able to augment his strength and speed essentially at all times from being so in-tune with the force. Almost like completely passive force augmentation.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #1843 on: January 18, 2021, 04:11:36 AM »

And MavRick wrote: I know that I'm a little late but , That saber looks like it suits him very well so Point to you good Sir!! It looks Great as always.   Wink

Thanks guys, I have taken a big liking to this hilt too. I think it's because it's slightly organic looking and the ridges remind me of Zeb's markings.

Hi Logos, it wasn't the emitter as such, more the way it connected to the switch section of the hilt. I was distracted by the effect caused when I "created" the ridges and forgot to smooth out the emitter/switch joint.
So I added a "collar"
Hopefully the design is less disjointed now and flows a bit better. Oh and the Sith variant?

Thanks again everyone for helping improve this one.

I don't know how I missed this one, it's a savage and elegant Sith design. Some of the best things are created free hand while just "going with" an idea and being a bit surprised by the results. It's really awesome to me... I'd kill to own this lightsaber. But, the funny thing is I saw Lestat when I first read Lasat, so after Bruce Lee I was thinking Epic Vampire "Badguy" to have that crazy showdown with! Lee's superhuman reflexes and strength would be fun to see against Lestat as the villain wielding this... Plus the whole concept of a Vampire wanting to be in common view plays well into a Sith apprentice chaffing against "hiding in the shadows" and ultimately encountering the Dragon. Your designs certainly evoke interesting thoughts and much fanfare FT. Glad you're going strong already in the new year.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1844 on: January 18, 2021, 10:27:03 AM »

Hello DarthProdigal and SirLiftaLot,

Thanks for the kind words on the designs. As I mentioned earlier when I got the right shade of yellow for the hilt the other details "clicked" despite being subtle. I did have the proverb that Bruce came up with to describe Jeet Kune Do in my mind - he described his techniques as "Picking the ripe fruit from the thorny trees" - meaning he took techniques from other disciplines to include and blend into his system. So for example if he was stood in a telephone booth and attacked he would be defenseless if he were an Aikido player as a lot of Aikido techniques require space to perform sweeping movements BUT if he were to have Street Fighting or short striking moves he could utilise those in the confined space. All about being water and flowing/adapting to the situation. As a result I kept the design minimalist and to the point.
This also seemed to give the hilt a retro 70's styling too which helped!

And regarding The Lasat hilt, of my original designs this has to be in the top 5 that I have done. Again though, it was improved on after taking advice and suggestions from other members (adding the extra ridge near the emitter to improve the flowing line). I am proud of it as it so organic looking, something I had trouble building/recreating when I used the old software I had access to when I started out.

Thanks as always for the support and comments, points inbound.

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: