Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1300608 times)
ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #735 on: December 07, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »

Thanks Blue! Would raw red meat have the same effect as cooked?

Not really, no.  And you'd have the added risk of serious complication to your health - undercooked meat is bad for you.

There are also supplements for iron that can be taken - my wife does, and it helps her out.

Is your thyroid OK?  Hypothyroidism can also have some of these effects.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #736 on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »

Not in most cases, but raw meat does come with MANY considerations and concerns especially if a routine consumption by a non-carnivore...and even carivores need to check their intake by eating the veg loaded lower digestive track of its prey to maintain the complexities of good health.

Mentioning you want raw meat does not assist you in your campaign to not be noted as a vampire you know?

Undecided

PS
A little tartar every now and then can be tasty...but anything in excess comes with heavy baggage.

At this point, I am isolated to the extent that none but my girlfriend know what I eat or do, so an appearance of vampirism is not much of a concern. I just really want raw beef.

Not really, no.  And you'd have the added risk of serious complication to your health - undercooked meat is bad for you.

There are also supplements for iron that can be taken - my wife does, and it helps her out.

Is your thyroid OK?  Hypothyroidism can also have some of these effects.

I'm not sure about the state of my thyroid. It hasn't complained, nor have any of my multitude of doctors, so it's probably fine. I certainly want to get started on taking some supplements, though, and rid myself of these cravings forever.

So... I guess rare steak is as close as I should get to raw meat? Oh well.

no

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #737 on: December 07, 2013, 10:54:34 PM »

Start or continue preparing your own food, when prepping the meat...if fresh, if still wrapped just before use, if and more if's, slice a thin piece and nom that.  Prep the rest for cooking to some level of doneness, in most cases of steak for steak sake I prefer rare but I do not eat it that often.

The small sample should be enough to satisfy.

Smiley

Light side points please Smiley

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #738 on: December 07, 2013, 11:11:42 PM »

Don't worry about my health, though - I'll be fine, at least until Monday, and whatever way that goes, I'll be okay.

What if it's a "Blue Monday"?  (I love to sneak in a New Order reference when I can.)

Sorry you are feeling so down, Luna.  Here's hoping you have a happy Monday! Smiley

Also, I agree with Rel, the raw meat thing in no way helps with your "not a vampire" argument. Tongue

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #739 on: December 08, 2013, 01:22:05 AM »

What if it's a "Blue Monday"?  (I love to sneak in a New Order reference when I can.)

Sorry you are feeling so down, Luna.  Here's hoping you have a happy Monday! Smiley

Also, I agree with Rel, the raw meat thing in no way helps with your "not a vampire" argument. Tongue

Monday can't come quickly enough. I hope it serves as a pleasant turning point of my life. Tomorrow, however, should prove to be a very gloomy Sunday.

Maybe I actually am a vampire....

no

Darth Nekesus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -164

Resident Zabrak and LoL addict.

« Reply #740 on: December 08, 2013, 01:44:31 AM »

Monday can't come quickly enough. I hope it serves as a pleasant turning point of my life. Tomorrow, however, should prove to be a very gloomy Sunday.

Maybe I actually am a vampire....

Lol.  I was actually gonna suggest you could try drinking some human blood.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge"
-Darth Maul-

DVA and CG Phantom V3 LE
Custom Painted SRD Aeon V2
Overlord with Obsidian and Emerald

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #741 on: December 08, 2013, 01:50:36 AM »

Lol.  I was actually gonna suggest you could try drinking some human blood.

It gives me a stomach ache if I drink more than a few teaspoons at a time (and it's toxic to infest in large quantities), but because of the iron deficiency I've been craving it anyway.

I must have had this deficiency for a good portion if my life if it's the cause for my vampirism, because I recall desiring - and enjoying the taste of - blood when I was very, very young.

Fortunately, that particular need has been replaced by a much healthier craving for raw beef.

no

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #742 on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »

Not really, no.  And you'd have the added risk of serious complication to your health - undercooked meat is bad for you.

Is your thyroid OK?  Hypothyroidism can also have some of these effects.

Ed, is dead on.  It is also the most under diagnosed condition in healthcare.  It was not until I went to join the military that they found mine was so dysfunctional.  You may have to make specific mention to your doctor to get it looked at.  They would need to run the following tests:

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free Thyroxine (FT4), and Anti-Thyroperoxidase Antibodies (TPO).

This is the best way to diagnose 90% of all thyroid related disorders.  If a thyroid goes untreated long enough, you can have hallucinations that will mimic schizophrenia or psychosis. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #743 on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:48 AM »

Thanks Blue! Would raw red meat have the same effect as cooked?

I think Ed beat me to the reply I would have given.  Rel has an interesting idea as well.

Pretty much the same for me. I have a final exam, end-of-term group presentation, and a load of other stuff all due this coming Monday and Tuesday... and I'm not prepared for any of it. I haven't studied at all for the exam, I haven't typed out a speech for the presentation, and I have a huge pile-up of work for all my other classes. I've been procrastinating so much lately, and just can't will myself to do anything other than pursue pointless and trivial activities. It's as if there's an invisible heavy blanket pinning me down and keeping me under. And I keep seeing the bad in everyone now, rather than the good. And I also grovel in the dirt for comments on a writing website I frequent, because I just feel that worthless. And I'm picking fights with everyone.

I promised myself I wouldn't vent again, at least not to this extent. But I failed.

Hobbit, I see bad in many people.  Keep in mind that I have had a great deal of experience with inmates, criminals, and drug seekers.  Sometimes the people around you can drag you down.  That is why I love watching animated movies with lots of upbeat music.  I enjoy reading Kham's reviews because I know that he is giving me a lot of options for movies to enjoy in the near future.  You steered me toward Power Rangers and I have to say that you have had a positive effect on me because my daughter sees me as the Red Dino Ranger now.  It is rough when you have people that claim to have your "best interests" in mind keep saying or doing things that make you feel worse than what you already do.  Maybe the procrastination is your way of saying to others that they need to back off and your subconscious telling the world that you make your own paths and your own schedules.  Write GRIND on a piece of paper or a poster of someone you admire and look at it every day.  It will stand for Get Ready, It's a New Day.  You cannot change your past, you can only direct your future.  I have faith that you will find your way in all of this.  

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #744 on: December 08, 2013, 02:32:55 AM »

Hobbit, I see bad in many people.  Keep in mind that I have had a great deal of experience with inmates, criminals, and drug seekers.  Sometimes the people around you can drag you down.  That is why I love watching animated movies with lots of upbeat music.  I enjoy reading Kham's reviews because I know that he is giving me a lot of options for movies to enjoy in the near future.  You steered me toward Power Rangers and I have to say that you have had a positive effect on me because my daughter sees me as the Red Dino Ranger now.  It is rough when you have people that claim to have your "best interests" in mind keep saying or doing things that make you feel worse than what you already do.  Maybe the procrastination is your way of saying to others that they need to back off and your subconscious telling the world that you make your own paths and your own schedules.  Write GRIND on a piece of paper or a poster of someone you admire and look at it every day.  It will stand for Get Ready, It's a New Day.  You cannot change your past, you can only direct your future.  I have faith that you will find your way in all of this. 

I actually think you might be right about the procrastination. Life just goes way too fast for me, and I'm constantly subject to endless barrages of chatter. However, at the same time, I'm not really following my own path for the most part. I'm mainly just wasting time, almost as if I want to do that, and I want to lead myself down the road to failure. I don't know, maybe I do. All I know is that there is no way I can possibly get all of my work done by the time Monday and Tuesday comes. I have so much to do.

It's odd, because none of this started happening until my birthday and Thanksgiving. Those two things just flipped a switch I guess.

Luna
Knight Commander

« Reply #745 on: December 08, 2013, 03:11:15 AM »

Ed, is dead on.  It is also the most under diagnosed condition in healthcare.  It was not until I went to join the military that they found mine was so dysfunctional.  You may have to make specific mention to your doctor to get it looked at.  They would need to run the following tests:

Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Free Thyroxine (FT4), and Anti-Thyroperoxidase Antibodies (TPO).

This is the best way to diagnose 90% of all thyroid related disorders.  If a thyroid goes untreated long enough, you can have hallucinations that will mimic schizophrenia or psychosis.  

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it checked on when/if I'm in the hospital. I looked it up and I do match many of the symptoms, although the most notable symptom has been a life-long issue so I'm not sure. Either way, better safe than sorry.

Also, 5,000 posts! Well... more like 6,000.

no

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #746 on: December 08, 2013, 05:26:29 AM »

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it checked on when/if I'm in the hospital. I looked it up and I do match many of the symptoms, although the most notable symptom has been a life-long issue so I'm not sure. Either way, better safe than sorry.

Also, 5,000 posts! Well... more like 6,000.

From my personal experiences, thyroids suck lol.  First there's my fiancee, who deals with hypothyroidism (which is apparently EXTREMELY common among females).  Then you look at my thyroid, which developed cancer this year and had to be half removed.  Needless to say, the thyroid is an organ which has caused much frustration as of late, and I do recommend getting it checked on as soon as you can.  It's amazing what that little thing affects in your body, and how huge a deal it is when it isn't working correctly.

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #747 on: December 08, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »

Woah Nero, I didn't know you were fighting cancer. Glad to hear it got removed.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #748 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:56 AM »

Just found out a man I admired greatly and was a friend has passed away.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #749 on: December 12, 2013, 03:14:45 AM »

I am sorry to hear it  Undecided

Light side points please Smiley