Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288942 times)
ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #1170 on: July 30, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »

I like a little bit of country music, a very little bit.  Most of it is junk in my opinion (talking about today's country), along with most of the rest of today's music.  Give me some good old AC/DC any day.  Or if you want to go really old school, some Chuck Berry or Dion and the Belmonts and I love me some Johnny Horton.

And I am with ed_ification.  I want my shipping notice too.

I lean more towards rock myself (generally classic, but I also enjoy Wolfmother)... however, there is a bluegrass music series called the Pickin' On Series, that features bluegrass covers of rock songs, that I have found quite good.  Although, I was born in Kentucky, so it might be genetic (and spare the inbreeding jokes, please).  Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band sound quite good, and the cover of Boulevard of Broken Dreams is very pretty.  American Idiot sounds even better in bluegrass...

Also, rockabilly acts like Chris Isaak and Rev. Horton Heat can be good.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1171 on: July 30, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »

No inbreeding jokes here, although if I was going to make some I would have thought of other states before Kentucky.   Wink

Bob Seger is another one of my favorites.  I like some bluegrass, mostly for the banjo playing, until they start singing and then they lose me.  I didn't know about covers of rock songs though.  That sounds interesting. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1172 on: July 30, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »

Trying to finish my drafting and design degree that I started about 18 months ago... will have it by December, but some of the GenEd classes they want you to take are just beyond stupid and have no bearing on what I need to know to apply my degree in my career field... especially at 40 years old.

That's why I'm glad here in Aus we don't seem to be plagued by this general ed rubbish... the units we do in tertiary education relate to the degree. Unless you choose to take an unrelated elective, but that's not the fault of the course structure.

I'm not really a fan of American country but there's some Aussie country music I like. I mostly like rock, esp aussie/ pub rock if I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. Otherwise a few varying degrees of rock and softer metal.

And yes, ACDC is on the list. Im not sure if you could be an Aussie and not like a bit of acca dacca Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1173 on: July 30, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »

Just a note on the "Country Music" thread......I am not a "fan" of country yet, it is consider "America's Music".  Just throwing that out there.  Do you guys burn flags, too?! Wink

I call BS.  Rock n' Roll is America's music!      Cheesy  Wink

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1174 on: July 30, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

Right on!  Cool

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1175 on: July 30, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »

Nox, you can call anything you want.  Wink  I did not conjure up what I stated AND, like you, I TOO am a rocker!  I've been going to concerts since 1975!  That's right!  I've watched bands that were the real deal back when rock was ROCK!  Pat travers, AC/DC, The Who, Journey, Peter Frampton, Heart, CSN, Foghat, Rolling Stones, U2, Foreigner, Lynrd Skynrd, Molly Hatchet......(I could go on and on and on.........) Cheesy  I didn't say I agreed with my satement, just putting it out there! Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1176 on: July 30, 2015, 07:01:14 PM »

Nox, you can call anything you want.  Wink  I did not conjure up what I stated AND, like you, I TOO am a rocker!  I've been going to concerts since 1975!  That's right!  I've watched bands that were the real deal back when rock was ROCK!  Pat travers, AC/DC, The Who, Journey, Peter Frampton, Heart, CSN, Foghat, Rolling Stones, U2, Foreigner, Lynrd Skynrd, Molly Hatchet......(I could go on and on and on.........) Cheesy  I didn't say I agreed with my satement, just putting it out there! Smiley

My father is rock musician, so I grew up with all of that in my veins.  You cut me open and I bleed rock n' roll.  I've also met my fair share of rockers thanks to him and I can tell you that Gene Simmons is a giant jerk who isn't nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is, but Ted Nugent is surprisingly hilarious and down to earth despite the hype.  Vivian Campbell may not be a replacement for Steve Clark, but he sure is a nice guy!

Country can still die in a fire.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1177 on: July 30, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »

I dunno... they kinda had me with the song A Boy Named Sue.  Did that read twangy enough.  Grin

Johny Cash is exempt. He's not country, He's Johny Cash.

Amen.

I can't realy hate on any music form as a whole, though, because I haven't been exposed to every facet of each genre. But for what is classified as mainstream country...I hate it. Rap is not far behind. I just extremely dislike that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 07:26:07 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1178 on: July 30, 2015, 07:24:47 PM »

Johny Cash is exempt. He's not country, He's Johny Cash.

I have to agree with that.  He's his own genre.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1179 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:17 PM »

Here I go stirring the pot.  Isn't rhythm and blues with at times an old spiritual gospel foundation America's founding music.  Didn't the Beatles and Stones bring rock and roll to Europe after listening to Buddy Holly, Everly Brothers and others.  The only music that really grates me is twangy country, some female opera singers, most rap, heavy metal and overuse of vibrato.  Cheesy

I think the foundation of Canada's music came from Ukrainian polkas and German Ocktoberfest.  Grin 

Now that's worth venting about !

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1180 on: July 30, 2015, 08:42:25 PM »

Here I go stirring the pot.  Isn't rhythm and blues with at times an old spiritual gospel foundation America's founding music.  Didn't the Beatles and Stones bring rock and roll to Europe after listening to Buddy Holly, Everly Brothers and others.  The only music that really grates me is twangy country, some female opera singers, most rap, heavy metal and overuse of vibrato.  Cheesy

I think the foundation of Canada's music came from Ukrainian polkas and German Ocktoberfest.  Grin 

Now that's worth venting about !

Actually, Molina00, Country Music originated in the southern states in the 1920's, a derivative of American folk and Western Music, with some Blues modes making its way throughout the genre.  Irish and Celtic music also played a role in the shaping of what is now known as "Country Music".   (I feel like Alice Cooper talking to Wayne and Garth in his dressing room. Waynes World*)  Tongue

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1181 on: July 30, 2015, 08:52:04 PM »

Points for "Wayne's World" reference!  Cheesy

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1182 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »

Points for "Wayne's World" reference!  Cheesy

Nox, you are too kind! Grin

ARSENAL
Crimson Liberator, Stunt

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #1183 on: July 31, 2015, 03:49:38 AM »

No inbreeding jokes here, although if I was going to make some I would have thought of other states before Kentucky.   Wink

Bob Seger is another one of my favorites.  I like some bluegrass, mostly for the banjo playing, until they start singing and then they lose me.  I didn't know about covers of rock songs though.  That sounds interesting. 

Cornbread Red does the covers of Bob Seger, and the Fire Lake cover is quite good.

And don't completely dismiss metal - it takes a lot of forms as well, and there is some good stuff, depending on the era.  Motorhead, Tenacious D, Ozzy Osbourne, Manowar...  Tool's earlier albums might have been called thinking metal... Accept; Rammstein and E Nomine for a blend of Metal and Industrial...

And how do you get points for a Wayne's World reference and not go "I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!" ?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Darth Groove

« Reply #1184 on: July 31, 2015, 05:40:18 AM »

Cornbread Red does the covers of Bob Seger, and the Fire Lake cover is quite good.

And don't completely dismiss metal - it takes a lot of forms as well, and there is some good stuff, depending on the era.  Motorhead, Tenacious D, Ozzy Osbourne, Manowar...  Tool's earlier albums might have been called thinking metal... Accept; Rammstein and E Nomine for a blend of Metal and Industrial...

And how do you get points for a Wayne's World reference and not go "I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!" ?

Dude...PLEASE!  Unless you're 45 yrs or older, you know squat about TRUE Rock n' Roll!  Metal is METAL!  Gat a grip!  Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Pat Travers, Kiss, Alan Parsons, Yes,.....to name a few...is TRUE R&R!  Really?!  Tongue

ARSENAL