Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288923 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1185 on: July 31, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »

How exactly did this turn into arguing over music and bashing country anyway?

Everyone has their own tastes, we can agree to disagree on preferences. No need to keep bashing up different genres of music, because someone else here may like what you do not and get offended.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1186 on: July 31, 2015, 02:28:22 PM »

And how do you get points for a Wayne's World reference and not go "I'm not worthy!  I'm not worthy!" ?

Because he referenced one of my favorite parts of the movies!   Cheesy 

Dude...PLEASE!  Unless you're 45 yrs or older, you know squat about TRUE Rock n' Roll!  Metal is METAL!  Gat a grip!  Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Pat Travers, Kiss, Alan Parsons, Yes,.....to name a few...is TRUE R&R!  Really?!  Tongue

You sounded so much like my father just now, I just had to laugh. 

And, just for the vinyl record, I'm pretty sure everyone is just teasing each other about their music tastes.    This sounds like typical Sunday dinner conversation at my father's house.   Cheesy   

Bonus random venting:  I've about had enough of this sore throat nonsense!   It's been years since I had this crap and while I don't feel bad at all, I sound like  . . .  well, maybe like I should be "singing" for AC/DC.  Heh heh heeeeeeh . . . .

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1187 on: July 31, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »

How exactly did this turn into arguing over music and bashing country anyway?

Everyone has their own tastes, we can agree to disagree on preferences. No need to keep bashing up different genres of music, because someone else here may like what you do not and get offended.

Not bashing, just adding to the "Venting" portion of this thread. Smiley  I respect ALL genres.  Just have different tastes.  You have to admit, each genre has "off-shoots".  Besides, Rock is Rock, just like jazz is jazz. Wink  It's all good B1ondeange1!  Have a drink on me!  (AC/DC) Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1188 on: July 31, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »

Not bashing, just adding to the "Venting" portion of this thread. Smiley  I respect ALL genres.  Just have different tastes.  You have to admit, each genre has "off-shoots".  Besides, Rock is Rock, just like jazz is jazz. Wink  It's all good B1ondeange1!  Have a drink on me!  (AC/DC) Wink

And, just for the vinyl record, I'm pretty sure everyone is just teasing each other about their music tastes.    This sounds like typical Sunday dinner conversation at my father's house.   Cheesy   

I am not offended, simply reminding people to respect the rules which we have all acknowledged Smiley While some people may see something as 'teasing' others may be upset by it. Things (and meanings) can be lost in transition online and can snowball out of control quickly. I would hate to see this thread closed down by something like that. While this is for 'venting' we must still be respectful of others and the rules.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1189 on: July 31, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »

I see your point, but anything any person says at any time may or may not cause offense to someone else.  However, I don't think teasing each other about music falls into that category, nor does it break any rules.  The people here have always been very respectful and I think if someone spoke up and said, "this offends me for this reason," I'm pretty sure it would be respected.  Now, if there were true ill-intent behind it, that would be another scenario entirely.  But I don't think this is that scenario.    And that's all I have to say about it because confrontation?  Not my thing.  And of course, I mean no offense to you!   Smiley

However, you know what really grinds my gears?  

People who let their pets run around the neighborhood unsupervised.  Padawag has been standing by the window barking for about 45 minutes now (off and on) and I have no voice, so I can't freakin' yell at his fuzzy butt to stop.   Cheesy  All I can do is clap my hands and give him my "Anakin stare."  He has, thus far, been unimpressed by me or my "threats."  Tongue  

Edit:  I can't spell or grammar.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:23:41 PM by Jedi Nox » Logged

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #1190 on: July 31, 2015, 08:23:53 PM »

B1ondeange1 is right.  There is a section of the forum for movies, TV, and music. This is not the place for a musical discussion anyway unless it is venting about something like, "my neighbour plays music so loud at 3AM, that the kids haven't slept in a week." Like Nox did at the end of her last post, let's all keep threads on topic. This one is for venting, so vent about situations.

For example, I have a massive blister in the centre of my palm and can't build the bench I wanted to.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1191 on: July 31, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »

Well, I slammed my MP3 player in the car door last week because I am obviously brilliant and it shattered into about 200 little pieces.   Even rock n' roll couldn't save that piece of crap.   It's fine because I hated it, anyway.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to find an MP3 player in the store?  Like, next to impossible!  I get that everyone uses their phone for music, but uh, I'm not doing a serious cross-training workout with my stupidly expensive phone strapped to my arm.   Tongue

I had to order one from Best Buy and was really confused when they called me an hour later to pick it up.  When I got there, I was informed that they keep them in stock in the back, but that you have to order it online to get it?

That . . . makes no freakin' sense.  None.

But now I can put a lot more Metallica on this MP3 player, so whatever, Best Buy.  Keep your weird policies and procedures. 

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1192 on: July 31, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »

B1ondeange1 is right.  There is a section of the forum for movies, TV, and music. This is not the place for a musical discussion anyway unless it is venting about something like, "my neighbour plays music so loud at 3AM, that the kids haven't slept in a week." Like Nox did at the end of her last post, let's all keep threads on topic. This one is for venting, so vent about situations.

For example, I have a massive blister in the centre of my palm and can't build the bench I wanted to.

Yes Sir!  Won't happen again, sir! Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1193 on: August 01, 2015, 01:39:18 AM »

I was going to document and disassemble my Flamberge.. but I started drinking tequila when I got home instead.. I hate me! Wink

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1194 on: August 01, 2015, 01:59:16 AM »

Dear music streaming service: If I type in an artist, I want to hear THAT ARTIST! Not one song by them followed by a bunch of other artists that "are very similar"(but really usually aren't)! I like discovering new music, but at least make every other song be one by the artist who's station I'm in! "Nirvana Radio" has a suspicious lack of Nirvana in it. It's pretty much Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, No Doubt(don't understand that one for the life of me), Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, more Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, another Pearl Jam song, Stone Temple Pilots, more AIC, FINALLY ANOTHER NIRVANA SONG!, Red hot Chili Peppers(another head scratcher), etc... and don't play Green Day on a GRUNGE station, I mean really....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1195 on: August 01, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »

Dear music streaming service: If I type in an artist, I want to hear THAT ARTIST! Not one song by them followed by a bunch of other artists that "are very similar"(but really usually aren't)! I like discovering new music, but at least make every other song be one by the artist who's station I'm in! "Nirvana Radio" has a suspicious lack of Nirvana in it. It's pretty much Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, No Doubt(don't understand that one for the life of me), Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, more Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, another Pearl Jam song, Stone Temple Pilots, more AIC, FINALLY ANOTHER NIRVANA SONG!, Red hot Chili Peppers(another head scratcher), etc... and don't play Green Day on a GRUNGE station, I mean really....

Ha, when I have that issue I just thumbs down everything not from the artist into oblivion.
It takes a long time, but eventually works.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1196 on: August 01, 2015, 02:16:08 AM »

Ha, when I have that issue I just thumbs down everything not from the artist into oblivion.
It takes a long time, but eventually works.

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1197 on: August 01, 2015, 03:40:47 AM »

Holy crap, I completely share your rant about streaming music.  I actually DESPISE live recordings of any band and Pandora's favorite thing to do is this:

"Oh, you liked that Metallica song?  Here's a SUPER AWFUL live recording of it from 1985!"

Or my other favorite:

"Oh, you liked that Metallica song?  Here are 30 other crappy bands covering it on the mandolin.  You like that?  DO YA??"

Pandora, plz.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1198 on: August 01, 2015, 04:00:12 AM »

Holy crap, I completely share your rant about streaming music.  I actually DESPISE live recordings of any band and Pandora's favorite thing to do is this:

"Oh, you liked that Metallica song?  Here's a SUPER AWFUL live recording of it from 1985!"

Or my other favorite:

"Oh, you liked that Metallica song?  Here are 30 other crappy bands covering it on the mandolin.  You like that?  DO YA??"

Pandora, plz.

Exactly! Oh, you like Nirvana? Well here's some random dance pop version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit!" We KNOW you want to hear it.

(Sig by me!)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #1199 on: August 01, 2015, 04:15:37 AM »

No offense was taken by Groovidad's post - we've discussed via PM.

Now then, back to venting.

However, you know what really grinds my gears?  

People who let their pets run around the neighborhood unsupervised.  Padawag has been standing by the window barking for about 45 minutes now (off and on) and I have no voice, so I can't freakin' yell at his fuzzy butt to stop.   Cheesy  All I can do is clap my hands and give him my "Anakin stare."  He has, thus far, been unimpressed by me or my "threats."  Tongue  

Edit:  I can't spell or grammar.

I don't like this either!  And not because someone's little Shmoopsie-doodle may decide to decorate my lawn - no, I'm of the opinion that with cars in suburban neighborhoods, it isn't always safe for your pet to roam about.  If your animal got hit, it'd be an awful day for all involved.  Why not be careful for their sake?

But you know what I love?  When my team at work goes from 3 experienced people to 2 (with me as senior) and the next most senior person decides to (a) take an unscheduled holiday twice in one week, leaving ME to cover for her, but decides to quit in the same week.  And quits 3 weeks before bonuses are paid out at a company that was very clear that one has to be present at payout to earn said bonus, with plans to return to school, IN THE NEXT MONTH.  NOTHING GOING ON IN BETWEEN.  AND DECIDES TO CHECK OUT MENTALLY THE LAST WEEK?!?

First, you frak me over, AND you idiotically leave money on the table that you earned?!?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: