Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1300530 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2160 on: April 22, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »

Let me add to the list a term I just learned about this morning:

"Woke."

Apparently, this means "to be enlightened by" (from what I've gathered).   "I just watched this docu-drama-play about *insert social justice warrior BS here* and now, I'm WOKE AF!"

More like "dumb AF."

(AF = as *expletive deleted*)

Yaaaawn.

"Turn on, tune in, drop out."

Totally what that sounds like to me.  Just the same stuff for another generation.  Me--I'm at an age where some would count me as a Millennial but the truth is sometimes, I just want the damn kids to get off my lawn.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2161 on: April 22, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »

Honestly language evolving doesn't really bother me (that may be the anthropologist in me) I'm more curious what's influencing the changes we see and how fast the change is happening - the internet's influence compared to pre-interwebs for one. I don't know - I may not understand what the heck someone is saying, but it doesn't bother me that they are saying it.

I'm also technically a millennial, but then I think those categorizations have been outdated since at least the 70s or 80s. Things change too rapidly now. 

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2162 on: April 22, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »

It probably bothers me a bit more because I'm an English language and grammatical nerd.  I'm not a Millennial, though.  I'm just mean.  Wink

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2163 on: April 22, 2016, 07:33:36 PM »

Anyone else hope some people choke on all of the caca de toro that comes out of their mouth? It can't be just me.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2164 on: April 22, 2016, 07:36:31 PM »

Anyone else hope some people choke on all of the caca de toro that comes out of their mouth? It can't be just me.

Ah, the distinct aroma of male bovine fecal matter.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2165 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:04 PM »

It probably bothers me a bit more because I'm an English language and grammatical nerd.  I'm not a Millennial, though.  I'm just mean.  Wink

Nox, do you need this shirt?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2166 on: April 22, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »

Nox, do you need this shirt?

I do.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2167 on: April 22, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »

I have a similar shirt!  However, mine has extra snark:

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2168 on: April 22, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »

I have a similar shirt!  However, mine has extra snark:

Haha, I was totally looking for the other one to have a strikethrough like that!

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2169 on: April 22, 2016, 10:57:32 PM »

An oldie, but a goodie.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2170 on: April 23, 2016, 04:23:52 AM »

I believe I'm a Millenial, but I honestly feel a disconnect between me and younger "Millenials" as do most people my age....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2171 on: April 23, 2016, 04:34:45 AM »

I'm late Generation X and feel like this absolutely confirms my X-Men status.

In other venting news, the same stray dogs were out tonight when I took Sith Lord Padawag for our nightly outing.  Things got ugly.  Some fleabags got pepper sprayed.  One got smacked with the Conflagrant #$%&.  I've got a really good swing and stellar aim.  Fight me, mangy mutts.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2172 on: April 23, 2016, 04:56:46 AM »

Is there a no-kill dog rescue in the area that can round up those stray dogs and take them in?  Might be worth it for all involved.

I say a rescue as opposed to Animal Control because of the fate of too many shelter animals.  I am sensitive to that because my two cats were on death row at our crappy city shelter until a rescue intervened.  They had perfectly sweet personalities.  Why were they on death row?  For no other reason than they were pregnant with kittens and the shelter didn't feel like dealing with that!

(Oh, and while I'm on this soapbox...if you ever want to let your kids experience the miracle of life, of kittens or puppies being born, or you know someone who wants to let their pets breed for that reason, one GREAT alternative solution instead of breeding is being a cat or dog foster family.  You'll be doing a great service and while it's hard to part with your foster babies when it's time for them to be adopted out, you can rest assured you're doing a wonderful, responsible thing. Smiley  Too few people are aware of this option and so many willing, loving homes are needed.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:01:08 AM by Darth Justicar » Logged

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2173 on: April 23, 2016, 06:18:11 AM »

Is there a no-kill dog rescue in the area that can round up those stray dogs and take them in?  Might be worth it for all involved.

I say a rescue as opposed to Animal Control because of the fate of too many shelter animals.  I am sensitive to that because my two cats were on death row at our crappy city shelter until a rescue intervened.  They had perfectly sweet personalities.  Why were they on death row?  For no other reason than they were pregnant with kittens and the shelter didn't feel like dealing with that!

(Oh, and while I'm on this soapbox...if you ever want to let your kids experience the miracle of life, of kittens or puppies being born, or you know someone who wants to let their pets breed for that reason, one GREAT alternative solution instead of breeding is being a cat or dog foster family.  You'll be doing a great service and while it's hard to part with your foster babies when it's time for them to be adopted out, you can rest assured you're doing a wonderful, responsible thing. Smiley  Too few people are aware of this option and so many willing, loving homes are needed.)

No, there's not a no-kill shelter here will take these dogs.  I've mentioned this before you were a member here, but this is a constant problem in this area.  We live outside of the city limits and they won't do anything about it.  We don't have "animal control" here, either.  We have the cops and they give zero kriffs.  They'll shoot the dogs (you heard me right).  That's why I haven't called them.  It's perfectly legal here to shoot an animal outside of the city limits if it poses a threat to you.

The no-kill place near here is kind of a joke, really.  I worked there for over a year and still volunteer there.  The animals often live in over-crowded situations and the staff are often under-trained and very unprofessional.  It disgusted me, even though I loved working the animals.  They even shut it down for some time because of it.  

So, these strays, who are actually dangerous and aggressive, won't get any sort of help.  

I need to make something very clear here, too.  I love animals, but if a stray tries to attack my dog?  I'm going to make damn sure nothing happens to my fur child.  I'm also not going to be a prisoner in my own house because two dogs are roaming the streets causing terror.  A little pepper spray will keep them away and nobody ends up dead.  They'll move on eventually.  They always do.  

Now, if we lived in the city limits, the no-kill place would pick them up, but you have to have 2 verifiable forms of ID to prove that you're in the city limits.  If you lie for someone and get caught, they'll slap you with a $500 fine.   It's some bovine fecal matter for sure.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2174 on: April 23, 2016, 06:23:27 AM »

Ahh...I didn't know that was your situation.  Unfortunately I'm familiar with that, as my grandparents on my dad's side came from a rural town that solved animal problems the same way--by shooting or giving the authorization to shoot if the animals kept coming onto your property. Sad

Sounds like the only hope to change the situation would be a private rescue group (as opposed to the city), and I know those are probably hard to come by in a rural area. :/

Sadly, the city shelter you're describing sounds like a smaller version of the dung-hole in my city (which is MUCH bigger).  Infuriates me just thinking about that place.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: