Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1301808 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2250 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:15 AM »

I haven't seen a winter in 5 years... I hate Florida

Are you selling your place? Wink

Actually I wouldn't move...I like my job now, and I wouldn't mess with that.  But what I wouldn't give to import a different climate here.

(Though my #1 climate pick would have to be San Antonio.)

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2251 on: April 29, 2016, 03:46:18 AM »

"Some assembly required" can blow post digested food out my donkey.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2252 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:29 AM »

Ugh.. It's going to be summer soon...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2253 on: April 29, 2016, 01:53:22 PM »

It was 92 here today.  It's dropping back into the 70's next week, which is absolutely unheard of this time of year.  I'm not going to complain!  I can't believe we had almost TWO MONTHS of  Spring here.  It's usually 2 weeks!
I haven't seen a winter in 5 years... I hate Florida
Meanwhile it's probably going to break 100 F here next week.

With all my love..........<ahem>...........SHUT UP! Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2254 on: April 29, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »

With all my love..........<ahem>...........SHUT UP! Tongue

Oh, keep talking about it?  SURE.  It's 97 with the heat index here today.  It's SO NICE.  *sarcasm font*  I just love going outside and being drenched in sweat within 2 seconds of standing there.  Getting heat rash from jogging?  HUGE bonus.  97% humidity?  WONDERFUL.  Everyone here is rejoicing, but only for 5 seconds at a time because heat exhaustion is a thing and you can't take off your skin.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2255 on: April 29, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »

Oh, keep talking about it?  SURE.  It's 97 with the heat index here today.  It's SO NICE.  *sarcasm font*  I just love going outside and being drenched in sweat within 2 seconds of standing there.  Getting heat rash from jogging?  HUGE bonus.  97% humidity?  WONDERFUL.  Everyone here is rejoicing, but only for 5 seconds at a time because heat exhaustion is a thing and you can't take off your skin.

~¿~

I'm just bitchy cuz every time it starts warming up, and I think Spring is finally here, the temp takes a dive and it feels more like winter. Yesterday, I had to break out my heavy jacket again.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2256 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:29 PM »

Well in MS it's getting hot fast, we had a mild winter so I'm sure summer is going to be steaming hot (humidity is VERY much a thing here) June, July, and August are not going to be fun (I jog/walk 4 miles a day for exercise).  I'm not a fan of drowning in sweat. 

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2257 on: April 29, 2016, 08:36:10 PM »

~¿~

I'm just bitchy cuz every time it starts warming up, and I think Spring is finally here, the temp takes a dive and it feels more like winter. Yesterday, I had to break out my heavy jacket again.

Yeah, I was just yankin' yer chain.  Wink

We have the reverse here.  When "fall" comes, it gets cool?  J/K 90.   Cool?  FOOLED YA.  104.  It was 88 here for Yule, okay.  IN DECEMBER.  I was raging pissed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2258 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:54 PM »

Yeah, I was just yankin' yer chain.  Wink

We have the reverse here.  When "fall" comes, it gets cool?  J/K 90.   Cool?  FOOLED YA.  104.  It was 88 here for Yule, okay.  IN DECEMBER.  I was raging pissed.

Count your blessings, cuz when was the last time driving accidents went up because of increasing temperatures. I hate winter.

Sig by For Tyeth

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2259 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »

With no warning, I wake up and I'm in the middle of another blizzard. We just put our heavy coats away.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2260 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:38 PM »

It's only in the 50's today. We had a nice week of 65-70, guess that's enough spring for now....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2261 on: April 29, 2016, 10:24:43 PM »

Oh the Ren rage...I am feeling it in me right now...going to count to ten and hope it will be better when I come back.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2262 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:17 PM »

Oh the Ren rage...I am feeling it in me right now...going to count to ten and hope it will be better when I come back.

Breathing is good, It'll be okay...the problem will still be here, but it's not worth the energy.  Smiley

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2263 on: April 29, 2016, 11:20:18 PM »

Count your blessings, cuz when was the last time driving accidents went up because of increasing temperatures. I hate winter.

LMFAO.  You didn't just . . .

We have one of the highest car insurance rates in the country and part of it is due to climate-related driving accidents.  Remember how it flooded here about a month ago?  The rain causes a tremendous amount of accidents because not a matter of "no one can drive in the rain."  It's "I wonder if my car will get blown into another car?" type of weather here often.  All year round.

Granted, we are not equipped to handle snow and ice, which is why this state shuts down whenever that happens.  People often make fun of us for that, but if you don't live an area where it's common, you take the every day things for granted.  (You collective, not you personally.) 

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2264 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:55 PM »

It's the same here--an ice storm, a little snow, or even excessively cold temperatures can close the schools (the last sadly due to lack of heating on the buses and some households not having proper winter gear for the kids Sad ).  We just do not have snow removal resources.  The best we can do IF there is no rain before the incoming storm is salt the most important roads and cross our fingers.  If it ices over, you're just not going out.  And if it snows you can get out but you'd better fear the idiots on the road that don't know how to drive in it.  But when it comes to the lack of snow equipment, why would we have it when in a normal year it only snows or ices 2 times on average?  In a more severe winter (by our standards) that can mean running out of salt for the road, but I've only seen that a couple times ever.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: