Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288911 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2505 on: May 17, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »

Let it be known that on this day, Logos and I agree on something.

Are you trying to say I'm disagreeable?  Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2506 on: May 17, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »

They're seriously trying to make this a thing? Holy F$%@ people need to get a life. One more excuse to celebrate mediocrity.

Cannon? Seriously? Why not just paint the proverbial target on him for bad jokes stemming from blowing his load early? Were there too many kids named Mortar, so you had to be original?

<nasally ditz voice> "We just opened the dictionary and saw Cannon first, and that's how we chose the name."

This just exceeded my stupid threshold for the day.

From what I understand, they wanted a "manly" name for their child.

I hope this kid turns out to be genderqueer like me.  I  hope he loves pink and plays with dolls and doesn't understand why he can't have the pink bulldozer or put a Barbie in his toy monster truck.  And I hope he has a super hot boyfriend later in life who thinks his name is perfect and they watch TFA together and "my ventral cannons are hot" becomes their signature joke and they LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.  The parents wish they had just named him "Jim" instead.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2507 on: May 17, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »

From what I understand, they wanted a "manly" name for their child.

I hope this kid turns out to be genderqueer like me.  I  hope he loves pink and plays with dolls and doesn't understand why he can't have the pink bulldozer or put a Barbie in his toy monster truck.  And I hope he has a super hot boyfriend later in life who thinks his name is perfect and they watch TFA together and "my ventral cannons are hot" becomes their signature joke and they LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER.  The parents wish they had just named him "Jim" instead.

Manly names that are uncommon but still cool:

Magnus (Will Ferrel's son)
Rook (found out it's a type of bird, and his sister is Wren. Cute.)
Mason was back in the day, but has since increased in popularity.

I love my name. I had a friend tell me once that 'Mason' sounded like the name of a hero, but then 5min later said it could also be the name of a villain. I told him "Yeah, I swing both ways." Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2508 on: May 17, 2016, 05:32:27 PM »

My friend named his son "Aeson" and I love that name.  There are a lot of traditional Gaelic names with very "manly" meanings, if that's what they were going for.  I've always liked "Sloan" myself which means something along the lines of "Warrior."  It can also be used for a girl or a boy.  I'm a fan of gender-neutral names myself, but hey, that's just me.

My own birth name is something I don't like, so I changed it later.  Kinda wish I had gone with something a little more "neutral," in retrospect, but hey, it suits me either way and I don't really care.   Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2509 on: May 17, 2016, 07:19:02 PM »

My friend named his son "Aeson" and I love that name.  There are a lot of traditional Gaelic names with very "manly" meanings, if that's what they were going for.  I've always liked "Sloan" myself which means something along the lines of "Warrior."  It can also be used for a girl or a boy.  I'm a fan of gender-neutral names myself, but hey, that's just me.

My own birth name is something I don't like, so I changed it later.  Kinda wish I had gone with something a little more "neutral," in retrospect, but hey, it suits me either way and I don't really care.   Tongue

I've only ever heard Sloan as a girl's name.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2510 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »

Ch... Ch.... Chkachkaaaaa...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2511 on: May 17, 2016, 07:40:58 PM »

Ch... Ch.... Chkachkaaaaa...

? ? ?

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2512 on: May 17, 2016, 07:42:40 PM »

? ? ?

Sloan Peterson.

Character in Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2513 on: May 17, 2016, 07:55:04 PM »

I'm a fan of Titus.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2514 on: May 17, 2016, 09:39:33 PM »

I'm also a fan of gender neutral names. My sister's boyfriend's name is Casey, and I love it! Some of my favorite names are neutral: Casey, Ashley(I know it's not common, but it is actually a male name), Sam(I know it's technically a nickname for two different names, fight me), Jamie, Taylor, Alex, Jordan, Jesse, Kelly(yes it's a man's name, I knew one IRL), Brook, Peyton. Love em. Added bonus: You can pick a name for your child without knowing the sex(gender is different), and it doesn't matter what comes out. Wink

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2515 on: May 17, 2016, 11:05:56 PM »

It's a boy's name, much like Ashley, Stacey, Kelley, an Tracey are all actually male names until people starting using them for girls as well.  Sloan (or Sloane) is associated with a Celtic myth, but I can't remember it off the top of my head right now, but involved wolves and a dagger. 

I've never met a girl named Sloan.  Only boys.  The only time I heard it used as a female name was in that 80's movie we all know, and even then, I thought it was odd. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2516 on: May 17, 2016, 11:18:14 PM »

I've never actually met ANYONE named Sloan.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2517 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:13 PM »

There was once a girl at my school named...

Shewonderful

That's all I'm going to say on the name topic. I could go on for days. The Key and Peele "Substitute Teacher" sketches really hit close to home.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2518 on: May 18, 2016, 01:54:53 AM »

I worked with a girl named Special Precious Love.   I'm not even joking.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2519 on: May 18, 2016, 02:16:21 AM »

I worked with a girl named Special Precious Love.   I'm not even joking.

I worked with someone named Lacey Love.

Bow-chicka-bow-wow is all I could think of.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: