Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1300835 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5850 on: December 27, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »

Talking to my aunt the other day, she again brought up the fact that I'm single and that I don't go out.

She asks me, "Well, have you tried being more social? If you got out more I bet you could find a girlfriend."

Telling someone like me to just try to be more social is like walking up to a blind man and saying "Well, have you tried using your eyes? If you just try I bet you can see just fine."

It doesn't work like that.

I can relate. I've found out people who are social just choose how social they feel like being. They assume everyone is that way. Like everyone is the same inside. Which is odd, considering they meet more people, and I'd assume they know people aren't the same.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5851 on: December 27, 2017, 08:32:43 PM »

I can relate. I've found out people who are social just choose how social they feel like being. They assume everyone is that way. Like everyone is the same inside. Which is odd, considering they meet more people, and I'd assume they know people aren't the same.

Agreed, it isn't usually a personal attack, extroverted people literally don't understand how someone can not be social

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5852 on: December 28, 2017, 03:01:54 AM »

Well so much for trying to be more social...

Got invited out to drinks at 8pm.

Accepted (BIG step for me, given my social ineptitude amd all that jazz).

Get told that happy hour's canceled because some of them have family obligations today and can't make it.

Just found out (literally two minutes ago) that it wasn't cancelled by a coworker texting me and asking why I didn't want to go out.

"Cancelled" was apparently a couple of jackass's way of getting me to not go because they don't like me (I think it's because of work reasons... I'm not willing to let things happen incorrectly because "that's the way things have always been done" and have called them out on it on more than one occasion). They waited until it was time to close out the tab to casually mention that they invited me but "he didn't want to come."

And people wonder why I have trust issues and don't like hanging out with people. Well screw'em. I'm glad I didn't go. I have no desire to be somewhere I'm not wanted.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5853 on: December 28, 2017, 03:37:20 AM »

Get told that happy hour's canceled because some of them have family obligations today and can't make it.

Just found out (literally two minutes ago) that it wasn't cancelled by a coworker texting me and asking why I didn't want to go out.

"Cancelled" was apparently a couple of jackass's way of getting me to not go because they don't like me (I think it's because of work reasons... I'm not willing to let things happen incorrectly because "that's the way things have always been done" and have called them out on it on more than one occasion). They waited until it was time to close out the tab to casually mention that they invited me but "he didn't want to come."

And people wonder why I have trust issues and don't like hanging out with people. Well screw'em. I'm glad I didn't go. I have no desire to be somewhere I'm not wanted.

Make sure everyone is aware of the their actions...considering it was just a couple of a holes and not the group as a whole that did it, wouldn't give up that easily.  You already took a big step by accepting...build on that. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5854 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:57 AM »

Okay boys, listen up. Hitting on random girls you just met, is creepy. Especially when(though you meant well and the help was still appreciated regardless) you approach my vehicle uninvited.

A bit of background:

I promised a coworker/friend of mine I would feed her kitten for a couple days while she's at her parents house for the holidays. She lives in a bit of a backwater wooded area, and on a dirt road. A currently very icy dirt road. It's narrow too and has dips and all kinds of craziness too, so this was an adventure. My truck is also a 2WD model, so yeah this was going to be interesting.

So on this slick road I needed to make a sharp left on an incline. It's a tough angle to begin with, plus the conditions, I didn't make it. Luckily I simply slid harmlessly into her neighbors driveway. Her neighbor comes out as I'm proceeding to slide down until it flattens so I can maybe stop and turn around. He approached my truck and I rolled down the window. He gave me a brief explanation(Mansplaining, kinda) about the best way to turn around without getting stuck.

He leads me further down his driveway to where it's wider and flat, the exact spot I was looking to go in the first place, and proceeded to mansplain, in his foreign accent, how to make a basic ass K-turn. He stops me in the middle of my turn and starts explaining how tough the turn onto my friend's road/driveway(yeah one of THOSE deals, where the road takes you past another house then becomes my friend's driveway) and some other stuff about driving in icy conditions, then starts hitting on me. He asked if I was single, I said "No in fact, you're leaning on my boyfriends truck." Then some stuff about me being "too pretty to be single" blah blah get me away from this creep. He eventually let me go(it semeed like forever but I was only a couple minutes I was there).

I was flattered, excited that I was passing and someone thought I was pretty, but actually a little scared. It was creepy. Guys, don't do this shell. We DON'T like it, at all. You aren't getting anywhere, trust me.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5855 on: December 28, 2017, 04:13:09 AM »

Okay boys, listen up. Hitting on random girls you just met, is creepy. Especially when(though you meant well and the help was still appreciated regardless) you approach my vehicle uninvited.

A bit of background:

I promised a coworker/friend of mine I would feed her kitten for a couple days while she's at her parents house for the holidays. She lives in a bit of a backwater wooded area, and on a dirt road. A currently very icy dirt road. It's narrow too and has dips and all kinds of craziness too, so this was an adventure. My truck is also a 2WD model, so yeah this was going to be interesting.

So on this slick road I needed to make a sharp left on an incline. It's a tough angle to begin with, plus the conditions, I didn't make it. Luckily I simply slid harmlessly into her neighbors driveway. Her neighbor comes out as I'm proceeding to slide down until it flattens so I can maybe stop and turn around. He approached my truck and I rolled down the window. He gave me a brief explanation(Mansplaining, kinda) about the best way to turn around without getting stuck.

He leads me further down his driveway to where it's wider and flat, the exact spot I was looking to go in the first place, and proceeded to mansplain, in his foreign accent, how to make a basic ass K-turn. He stops me in the middle of my turn and starts explaining how tough the turn onto my friend's road/driveway(yeah one of THOSE deals, where the road takes you past another house then becomes my friend's driveway) and some other stuff about driving in icy conditions, then starts hitting on me. He asked if I was single, I said "No in fact, you're leaning on my boyfriends truck." Then some stuff about me being "too pretty to be single" blah blah get me away from this creep. He eventually let me go(it semeed like forever but I was only a couple minutes I was there).

I was flattered, excited that I was passing and someone thought I was pretty, but actually a little scared. It was creepy. Guys, don't do this shell. We DON'T like it, at all. You aren't getting anywhere, trust me.

I once had a guy try to mansplain what my necklace meant to me.  Idiot. I MADE IT.  I'm the one who knows what it means!  Roll Eyes

**Note: I'm not trying to start a debate of which sex is more annoying.  All humans are jerks.  This is just situation.  I also hate disclaimers.**

But while we're on this subject, I've recently been very disappointed by a couple of male friends of mine.  They've made it known to me how little they truly think of women and it's just . . . disappointing.  I can't think of another word.  I am so let down because I thought they were above sexist jokes, especially in my presence.

I'm gonna break a guitar over someone's head one day and make it look like a really cool rockstar accident.  Cool

Tzimho
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -75

I'm one with the force, the force is with me..

« Reply #5856 on: December 28, 2017, 08:42:18 AM »

That is exactly why I have female friends. Most guys in my area can only talk sexist about women. As a GayGuy, that's just annoying.. Of Course women talk about sex, but never disrespecting someone without a reason.. (if you sent certain pictures, you will be laughed at) If girls are interested they will let you know, just don't herras them... IN ANY WAY

Working on a Gray-Jedi cosplay...

Following the ways of the Force, not the ways of some order!

Dark Shock (Emerald RGBA V4 sound)
Reaper (Emerald RGBW V4 sound)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5857 on: December 28, 2017, 10:06:55 AM »

People suck in general. It is not a man thing or a woman thing, it is a people thing. If you don't like the people you associate with it is time to find new people. And if an A-hole you don't know offends you don't blame it on the whole gender.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2771

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5858 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »

Question: If the assholes in question are not well received, why trust their word? I would have ignored their intel, and gone anyway. Then when they showed up, been like "Hey guys! Why'd you tell me it was cancelled?" And been very loud about it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #5859 on: December 29, 2017, 12:12:57 AM »

Nepotism is some seriously disturbing crap.

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #5860 on: December 29, 2017, 12:39:23 AM »

People suck in general. It is not a man thing or a woman thing, it is a people thing. If you don't like the people you associate with it is time to find new people. And if an A-hole you don't know offends you don't blame it on the whole gender.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

But it IS a gendered problem. So we talk about it, as it is.

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #5861 on: December 29, 2017, 01:33:16 AM »

Some days my wife is baffled why our circle of friends is basically down to two other couples and one or two individuals.  Then I remind her, politely, that people suck.  I used to love going out and getting together with groups of people, but anymore I'm becoming more and more introverted.  I don't like crowds, I don't like people I don't know, and I honestly can get a bit paranoid in some situations.  On the other hand, somehow I have no problem going and working events like a Comicon, but I think it's because we usually have a table or booth set up and it gives us someplace to retreat to when it gets overwhelming.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5862 on: December 29, 2017, 01:44:19 AM »

People almost never agree with me in my internet echo chamber.

Cheesy

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #5863 on: December 29, 2017, 02:02:56 AM »

-1 to you.  *fist bump*

People almost never agree with me in my internet echo chamber.

Cheesy

This made me laugh really freakin' hard for some reason.  +1 to you!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5864 on: December 29, 2017, 03:15:12 AM »

I might regret this...but in what way is it gendered...

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: