Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288914 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6180 on: January 27, 2018, 09:13:40 PM »

I think the line SHOULD be very simple. If you wouldn't like somebody saying a thing about you, even if it's "a joke" at your expense, then don't say it about that person. If you don't see why something is bad, here's an exercise to help:

Take the "T" word above(Tranny for those not paying attention). Take your sentence or joke, and replace the "T" word with a word you DO know isn't acceptable. Like the "N" word. If it sounds like something that you maybe shouldn't say in that configuration, then don't say it in the original either.

Also, this hacking cough can go kriff itself! You know the type that nothing helps, even proper cough medicine?! Yeah it's that type. And cough medicine is so gross. You'd think after all these years and advancement in pharmaceuticals, we could have managed to make a cough medicine that DOESN'T taste like you're drinking poison!?

Had a bout of bronchitis that they gave me a liquid form of codeine for... I don't remember how it tasted (awful I bet) but honestly, once I took it, I quit caring... pretty much about everything.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6181 on: January 27, 2018, 09:39:31 PM »

Also, this hacking cough can go kriff itself! You know the type that nothing helps, even proper cough medicine?! Yeah it's that type. And cough medicine is so gross. You'd think after all these years and advancement in pharmaceuticals, we could have managed to make a cough medicine that DOESN'T taste like you're drinking poison!?

I hate hacking coughs.  I actually like the taste of cough medicine, but it might be cause my brain associates it with feeling better.  Sick too much as a kid, as an asthmatic.  I hope you feel better soon!

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6182 on: January 27, 2018, 10:01:23 PM »

I hate hacking coughs.  I actually like the taste of cough medicine, but it might be cause my brain associates it with feeling better.  Sick too much as a kid, as an asthmatic.  I hope you feel better soon!

Same, Cough Medicine means relief and dreamless sleep to me

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6183 on: January 27, 2018, 10:21:36 PM »

Cough medicine usually doesn't work on me, so I have not the same feelings.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6184 on: January 27, 2018, 10:48:45 PM »

Cough medicine usually doesn't work on me, so I have not the same feelings.

Sorry to hear that it doesn't help.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6185 on: January 28, 2018, 12:54:49 AM »

This is just a random thought I had, but if you're taking a cough medication with dextromethorphan in it and you're taking an SSRI?  DO NOT take them together.  They don't indicate this on the box, but that combination can give you serotonin syndrome, which is ridiculously dangerous.  I reacted VERY freakin' badly to dextromethorphan all by itself, so I can only imagine how it might have been if I had been on an SSRI at the time.  I'm pretty pissed that they don't tell you this crap right on the box.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6186 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:10 AM »

This is just a random thought I had, but if you're taking a cough medication with dextromethorphan in it and you're taking an SSRI?  DO NOT take them together.  They don't indicate this on the box, but that combination can give you serotonin syndrome, which is ridiculously dangerous.  I reacted VERY freakin' badly to dextromethorphan all by itself, so I can only imagine how it might have been if I had been on an SSRI at the time.  I'm pretty pissed that they don't tell you this crap right on the box.

Luckily I am not on anti-depressants, but thanks for the tip!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6187 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:39 AM »

Stuff is disastrous if you have high blood pressure issues as well.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6188 on: January 28, 2018, 04:48:39 AM »

This is true.  I've often rolled my eyes over "social justice warriors" and been like, "wow, you just can't say anything anymore."  I've found out that words I commonly use aren't acceptable anymore and it's frustrating to try and remember that, "oh, X word or phrase is now a no-no!"

However, there is a line and the line is different with every single person.  As a biological female, I don't like the way this particular brand of humor is used in this context.  I don't think it's funny.  It just rubs me the wrong way and it will continue to do so.

But hey, that's me.  

Before this turns into an argument about why people should or should not be offended, let me offer a change in subject for those already rolling their eyes.  Wink

The customer is most certainly not "always right."  I am so, so, SO sick of this mentality!  It's creating this weird sense of entitlement amongst people, the idea that if they pitch a fit over something minor, they can get something for free or at least, get their way.  WHY IS THIS A THING??  Managers need to stand up for their employees sometimes, wtf.
I didn't watch the video, mine was just a general statement. Maybe I should have said that. I will say the best way to deal with anybody no matter their situation or yours is with respect.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6189 on: January 29, 2018, 02:12:54 PM »

That tranquil fury you experience when you realize that you have to lock your food up at work because people on other shifts (who have no business being upstairs anyway) see it as communal property and have no qualms about helping themselves.

I could see it if I kept it in the kitchen, but this stuff is in my cubicle in a cabinet. They have zero buainess rooting around in there.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6190 on: January 29, 2018, 03:16:45 PM »

Some of the things people share on Facebook, without paying any mind to who it may be insulting....

"The hottness/craziness chart."
I seriously don't see the reason for the furor in this. The chart could just as easily be flipped to the hot:stupid ratio of men. We already know women are crazy, men are stupid, and together we ride this #$%@ed up roller coaster called "Life". Grin

What's going in man fetch this week?  Someone won something and the internet is Mad About It™?  I'd ask what's so appealing about chasing balls, but my dog is giving me the stink eye like I'd better not ask questions and just obey his need to fetch.   (but NO TAKE, only throw!)
That's sexist, I'm offended. Tongue I seriously laughed out loud at this, so points.

That tranquil fury you experience when you realize that you have to lock your food up at work because people on other shifts (who have no business being upstairs anyway) see it as communal property and have no qualms about helping themselves.

I could see it if I kept it in the kitchen, but this stuff is in my cubicle in a cabinet. They have zero buainess rooting around in there.
Yes, per usual people suck.

Speaking of sucking. My office firewall has sand in its butthole again, so nothing from imgur is coming through. I hate my IT department.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6191 on: January 30, 2018, 03:57:40 AM »

That's sexist, I'm offended. Tongue I seriously laughed out loud at this, so points.
Yes, per usual people suck.

LOL, well MEN were playing it!  If girls were playing, it would be girl fetch, but alas, we have no girl fetch.  Because I'd probably watch that because I like girls.   Cheesy  (But we're cool, man.  We always are!)

In other venting news, I'm pretty sure broke a toe yesterday by hitting it on the corner of my couch, but whatever.  I've done this several times before.  All the doctor would do is tape it to the other toe and call it a day, so that's what I'm doing.  Kriff it.  

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6192 on: January 30, 2018, 05:21:54 AM »

Self breakage is not recommended for maximum life enjoyment.  That said, I swear, we have little toes JUST so that can happen...

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6193 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:51 AM »

LOL, well MEN were playing it!  If girls were playing, it would be girl fetch, but alas, we have no girl fetch.  Because I'd probably watch that because I like girls.   Cheesy  (But we're cool, man.  We always are!)

In other venting news, I'm pretty sure broke a toe yesterday by hitting it on the corner of my couch, but whatever.  I've done this several times before.  All the doctor would do is tape it to the other toe and call it a day, so that's what I'm doing.  Kriff it.  

There is the Lingerie Football league....gimmick aside those ladies play pretty hard.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6194 on: January 30, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »

There is the Lingerie Football league....gimmick aside those ladies play pretty hard.
It has been my observation that although men generally look more frequently for opportunities to compete, women are far more aggressive in their competitiveness.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: