Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Scorpion "Dissection" - Looks can be deceiving :D  (Read 12222 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:35 AM »

The AVs are press fit, and to get mine to stay in the hilt snugly after I took it out, I wrapped the switch threads with teflon tape and without a tool, the switch won't budge.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:36 AM »

The AVs are press fit, and to get mine to stay in the hilt snugly after I took it out, I wrapped the switch threads with teflon tape and without a tool, the switch won't budge.

Really? hmm guess I was way wrong on that one

Well there you go kage!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 04:57:11 AM »

wow. wow wow wow.
I can see this may become a very customised hilt in the future! imagine how its look will change with different shrouds!

thanks for sharing this with us!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 04:59:45 AM »

Really? hmm guess I was way wrong on that one

Well there you go kage!
Sweet the idea of a crystal chamber is still possible! And points for the both of you

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 10:40:40 PM »

Wow I'd get this saber just for the parts alone! Hehe stunt of course.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 11:10:50 PM »

Negative on that doube E.

To secure our AV switches we use backing nuts and/or ultra-tac high performace polyamide glue.  Our guarded switches are press fit.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

Negative on that doube E.

To secure our AV switches we use backing nuts and/or ultra-tac high performace polyamide glue.  Our guarded switches are press fit.

Ahh, so my teflon tape replaced the glue and made my AV switch press-fit, but after the fact. No wonder that switch was so hard to remove! I thought it was silicone epoxy!  Wink

Thanks for letting me know, Deep! (and thank goodness that the Prophecy's wasn't held in by the backing nut, cause that would have driven me bonkers trying to get that out!  Grin)

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 12:11:22 AM »

Well is there a video on how to properly remove an av switch?

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »

Well is there a video on how to properly remove an av switch?

You would have to melt the glue in order to loosen the nut, without damaging the switch. Now that I think about it, I really don't know if it is even possible. The MLS unit is blocking the emitter so you wouldnt have a way to stick anything down in the saber, unless you did it through the bottom of the saber. In either situation you would definitely burn up wire coating and would be left with exposed wires.

This leaves you run the HUGE risk of damaging your Obsidian. In my honest opinion, it isn't worth it :/

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 02:58:30 PM »

You would have to melt the glue in order to loosen the nut, without damaging the switch. Now that I think about it, I really don't know if it is even possible. The MLS unit is blocking the emitter so you wouldnt have a way to stick anything down in the saber, unless you did it through the bottom of the saber. In either situation you would definitely burn up wire coating and would be left with exposed wires.

This leaves you run the HUGE risk of damaging your Obsidian. In my honest opinion, it isn't worth it :/

Using Bluespike's trick with masking tape on the hilt to avoid scratching, some good prying with a flat screwdriver and a few 'choice words' freed up the Prophecy's switch within a few minutes. I did have to cut the brown FoC wire from the glue to free the wire, but everything happened without a hitch or damage. It's like anything with these saber mods in that it might take a little extra time to be careful and do it properly.

OrigamiGuru
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Grey Jedi

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »

Thank you for this insightful video. I'm definitely sold on this saber now. I'm even tempted to get one for show and a stunt to dissect myself. A lightside point for you for clearing the shadows!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 04:24:24 PM »

Thank you for this insightful video. I'm definitely sold on this saber now. I'm even tempted to get one for show and a stunt to dissect myself. A lightside point for you for clearing the shadows!

That was my goal Smiley glad I could help!

Thank you!

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »

*Mind Blown* Point awarded  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 04:35:25 AM »

*Mind Blown* Point awarded  Cheesy

Thank you sir!

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »

Think a mini-igniter would fit into this thing? I'd have to send it to another sabersmith to have the guts installed, but would be worth it to have a color changing scorpion!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: