Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Scorpion "Dissection" - Looks can be deceiving :D  (Read 12222 times)
jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 08:35:06 PM »

Think a mini-igniter would fit into this thing? I'd have to send it to another sabersmith to have the guts installed, but would be worth it to have a color changing scorpion!

Im pretty sure. And yeah it would be pretty cool!

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 01:43:03 PM »

Any chance this video could be re-uploaded? I really want to see what the possibilities are with this saber in terms of disassembly, but can't find any information.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 02:07:23 PM »

Any chance this video could be re-uploaded? I really want to see what the possibilities are with this saber in terms of disassembly, but can't find any information.

I can't help with the original video but I did this:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24304.0

And this:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24485.0

with my Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion.

They're in pieces at the moment so I will try to get a pic of what it looks like completely taken apart in the next couple days and post it here in this thread.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 02:55:25 PM »

I can't help with the original video but I did this:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24304.0

And this:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24485.0

with my Scorpion & Crimson Scorpion.

They're in pieces at the moment so I will try to get a pic of what it looks like completely taken apart in the next couple days and post it here in this thread.

Awesome! Thanks. Out of curiosity, once you get the emitter off (which sounds simple) is it easy to get to the MLS to potentially swap out colors? What I'd love is to have a scorpion where I can use the emitter, pommel and MLS in other sabers.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:03 PM »

Awesome! Thanks. Out of curiosity, once you get the emitter off (which sounds simple) is it easy to get to the MLS to potentially swap out colors? What I'd love is to have a scorpion where I can use the emitter, pommel and MLS in other sabers.

i didn't order it with the quick disconnects (added my own later) but yeah, if you order the stuff set up like that it should be easy.

Keep in mind though - the Blade portion does not screw to the Emitter, it gets screwed into the body.  So you can't swap that around from hilt to hilt MHS-style.

And actually- the outer diameter of the Scorpion is a bit wider than most, so there will be a small lip on most sabers you put the Pommel.

Will post pics of all that.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 01:48:52 PM »

i didn't order it with the quick disconnects (added my own later) but yeah, if you order the stuff set up like that it should be easy.

Keep in mind though - the Blade portion does not screw to the Emitter, it gets screwed into the body.  So you can't swap that around from hilt to hilt MHS-style.

And actually- the outer diameter of the Scorpion is a bit wider than most, so there will be a small lip on most sabers you put the Pommel.

Will post pics of all that.

Great! Thanks for the help; it seems as if I am changing decisions for my next purchase on a daily basis! So many fantastic sabers and options to choose from... And I thought I was only going to buy one!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »

Great! Thanks for the help; it seems as if I am changing decisions for my next purchase on a daily basis! So many fantastic sabers and options to choose from... And I thought I was only going to buy one!

You can't buy only one - that's for sure!

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2015, 05:54:34 PM »

You can't buy only one - that's for sure!

I'm quickly learning that... but my wallet is putting up a good fight.  As much as I'd love to reduce cost by just going with stunts, it seems a crime to withhold sound from these hlits!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 06:25:47 PM »

I'm quickly learning that... but my wallet is putting up a good fight.  As much as I'd love to reduce cost by just going with stunts, it seems a crime to withhold sound from these hlits!

I thought the same early on - but i've come to learn, Sound is not always practical, for a variety of reasons.

Especially if you're practicing.  It's really loud and drains the batteries quicker.  Plus if its late and you have young children . . .   Undecided

I think a year ago I wanted every hilt they have fully loaded.  After living with them for a while I've found I'm often happy with just a gorgeous hilt & a bright blade.  And - while there are certain hilts I want to keep perfectly intact, there are others I'm happy to just move the electronics around as I feel like it.

Darth Rad
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 03:19:31 AM »

I thought the same early on - but i've come to learn, Sound is not always practical, for a variety of reasons.

Especially if you're practicing.  It's really loud and drains the batteries quicker.  Plus if its late and you have young children . . .   Undecided

I think a year ago I wanted every hilt they have fully loaded.  After living with them for a while I've found I'm often happy with just a gorgeous hilt & a bright blade.  And - while there are certain hilts I want to keep perfectly intact, there are others I'm happy to just move the electronics around as I feel like it.

Im sure I'll ger to that point... But not before another few hundred dollars fly out of my pockets!  Right now, eyeing a Obsidian Manticore and a War Glaive emitter to do double-duty as a Jedi and Sith hilt.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 03:52:38 AM »

Im sure I'll ger to that point... But not before another few hundred dollars fly out of my pockets!  Right now, eyeing a Obsidian Manticore and a War Glaive emitter to do double-duty as a Jedi and Sith hilt.

Try the War Glaive Emitter as a Pommel on something; it looks wicked!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: