Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Return of the Saber Doodles  (Read 101606 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2021, 06:23:25 PM »

I love this design!!!
The grip section is it T-Grips or more like windu's grip?

Certainly closer to Windu's in the this case. I find vertical grips give really good orientation control so they find their way onto many of my designs.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #451 on: March 11, 2021, 03:34:21 PM »

Beautiful work, PS!  Yeah, I can see the aerodynamic influence to this hilt (wonderful details)!

...Reminds me of the Gamilon energy cannon in Pluto base from "Star Blazers" (yep, I'm THAT old  Wink)

Where I didnt grow up with the show ive seen quite a few clips through osmosis and general wandering through youtube - I admit my mind sometimes wanders into "superweapon" territory for star wars....

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #452 on: March 11, 2021, 06:37:15 PM »

Where I didnt grow up with the show ive seen quite a few clips through osmosis and general wandering through youtube - I admit my mind sometimes wanders into "superweapon" territory for star wars....
Regardless of the source of your inspiration, AWESOME looking saber PS  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #453 on: March 11, 2021, 08:43:33 PM »

Regardless of the source of your inspiration, AWESOME looking saber PS  Smiley

Thanks!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »

hmm....been too long without a new saber design.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »

hmm....been too long without a new saber design.
Then allow me to submit to you my PERSONAL favorite "PsychoSith Saber Design" during the interim:

The Beskar Breaker!

...Which I co-opted for my own Vhal'Dan Zweihanderwith permission!  Grin

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #456 on: April 23, 2021, 06:29:32 PM »

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #457 on: April 23, 2021, 08:15:04 PM »

This seems interesting, though I don't understand one of those words... May just be a word I don't know.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #458 on: April 26, 2021, 04:51:06 PM »

PS, you tease!

This (from what I can see) looks interesting.  Looking forward to the finished product!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #459 on: April 26, 2021, 10:42:22 PM »

Just the tip eh...?

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #460 on: April 27, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »

Just the tip eh...?
Point for that, DP  Wink

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #461 on: April 29, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »

So obviously I wanted to draw twin sabers, but I wanted to draw to sabers that are tactically complementary beyond the normal "saber + shoto" combination. So i thought if we incorporated elements into the main saber to make it more offensive, such as a Bec de Corbin and hook, we could design something meant to not only attack, but pin and manipulate the movements of the opponent. To complement this, we have a small but very easy to wield shoto hilt, with finger rings and a flattened emitter to give it a similar purpose as a punch-dagger. Combine this with the flowing ribbons from the saber, the goal is to use the primary weapon to distract, wound, and immobilize the opponent, leaving them open to quick strikes from the shoto. Two predatory birds, working together On Corvid Wings.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #462 on: April 29, 2021, 06:55:08 PM »

This all being said, I'm probably going to step away from the Star Wars art for a bit, I've been in more of a horror/surrealist kick for my art lately. If people are interested might start a new thread for that, though I admit its not even tangentially related to SW.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #463 on: April 30, 2021, 01:59:07 AM »

I love the feel of this design pair. Stunning to look at, but also strategically meaningful. My kind of setup in that light, so I applaud the effort and ideology behind them as well.

I'm also a big fan of doing what one feels is fulfilling. So enjoy your chosen path, everything will still be here when you decide to return to it. (more likely than not...)

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #464 on: April 30, 2021, 02:09:06 PM »

I love the feel of this design pair. Stunning to look at, but also strategically meaningful. My kind of setup in that light, so I applaud the effort and ideology behind them as well.

I'm also a big fan of doing what one feels is fulfilling. So enjoy your chosen path, everything will still be here when you decide to return to it. (more likely than not...)

Im not leaving the forum or anything just redirecting my art to a new project for a couple weeks

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: