Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Poll
Question: Are you a Hero or are you a Villain?
Hero
Villain

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Injustice 2 - Official Trailer: Batman v Superman v Flash v Aquaman v Supergirl  (Read 1938 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: June 08, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »

(Just for fun I created a poll to see what kind of players/people we've got around here.  Smiley)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I</a>

By H. Shaw-Williams

If this year’s biggest comic book movie hits have taught us anything, it’s that people love to see superheroes fighting one another. Back in 2013, video game developer NetherRealm Studios capitalized on this fact with the release of Injustice: Gods Among Us, a fighting game that pitted the biggest names of the DC Comics universe against one another. Most notably, it depicted a conflict between Batman and Superman several years before Zack Snyder brought a similar war to the big screen.

Between the positive critical reception and the strong sales, it seemed inevitable that publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment would want to make a follow-up – especially in light of the fact that Warner Bros.’ film production branch is focusing so much energy on the movie versions of these DC characters. Sure enough, we now have confirmation that Injustice 2 is on the way.

We had advance notice that an announcement was on the horizon when a poster for Injustice 2, featuring Batman fighting the Flash, was shared first by Twitter user One Dead Gamer and then later by Polygon (via an anonymous tipster). Now an announcement trailer has arrived, showing a series of blows traded between Superman, the Flash, Batman, Aquaman and Supergirl – before all five superheroes square off against each other for what looks like an epic brawl.

Check out the announcement artwork below:

There’s a notable emphasis on superhero armor in the trailer, as well as glowing highlights on the various superhero suits (which is helpful, since they’re battling in the dark). Even Superman and Supergirl get armor, despite the fact that their own skin is nearly impervious.

In a press release accompanying the trailer, NetherRealm Studios’ creative director Ed Boon said that Injustice 2 will introduce “new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” and will allow players “to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains.” It will also pick up where the narrative of Injustice: Gods Among Us left off. Here’s the official synopsis:

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns.  Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game.  For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

Those who have downloaded the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can now unlock Injustice 2 versions of Batman and Superman through the game’s Challenge Modes, if they want to take the new versions of the superheroes out for a test run while we wait for the full game’s release in 2017.

Injustice 2 is slated for release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/injustice-2-announcement-trailer

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 05:36:06 PM »

I would have bet money that there were fans of the first game around here...and I clearly would have lost.  Cheesy

The ability to customize your fighter and earn XP definitely had me intrigued. Regardless, I was on board from the beginning.  Smiley

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

I am definitely excited for this game. I was too late knowing about the first one to get into it, but I play it religiously on my iPad from that same publisher.

It will be nice to see something more at E3 next week!

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »

I am definitely excited for this game. I was too late knowing about the first one to get into it, but I play it religiously on my iPad from that same publisher.

It will be nice to see something more at E3 next week!

I agree, the mobile game is quite enjoyable and it looks pretty damn good. Marvel actually makes a game that's very similar using the same mechanics I believe.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:34:47 AM »

Injustice 2 Gameplay Revealed In New Trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqZmdfaniw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqZmdfaniw</a>

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »

Shocked  Awesome

They actually just added Injustice 2 Superman and Aquaman to the iOS game  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: