Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 263   Go Down
Author Topic: Random Star Wars Thoughts  (Read 939601 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3450 on: November 14, 2019, 02:42:38 PM »

Don't forget about the two bandits "Disney".
That was obvious. I'd have gone with Deece and Nutz Tongue

In other thought, I recently discover that my beloved Snow speeder is inappropriately named.

If the Incom T-47 was in fact a "snow" speeder, then why were the Rebels "having trouble adapting them to the cold"? Wookiepedia does have separate articles referring to it as an air speeder, which is more apt, considering that it is perfectly capable of being utilized in a variety of climates as shown in the Rogue Squadron games.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3451 on: November 14, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »

In other thought, I recently discover that my beloved Snow speeder is inappropriately named.

If the Incom T-47 was in fact a "snow" speeder, then why were the Rebels "having trouble adapting them to the cold"? Wookiepedia does have separate articles referring to it as an air speeder, which is more apt, considering that it is perfectly capable of being utilized in a variety of climates as shown in the Rogue Squadron games.

I forget where I learned this, but they were not originally designed for cold weather. Just like vehicles on Earth, you have to Winterize them so that when you need them to work in -50℉, they do. They were originally just some sort of air speeder.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3452 on: November 14, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »

I forget where I learned this, but they were not originally designed for cold weather. Just like vehicles on Earth, you have to Winterize them so that when you need them to work in -50℉, they do. They were originally just some sort of air speeder.
My real issue is that everyone always refers to it as a snowspeeder. A more appropriate designation would be Rebel Airspeeder or Speeder, unless the modifications that adapted them to the cold were visibly noticeable; like the sandspeeder. (which apparently only LEGO has produced)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3453 on: November 18, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »

New bug thought:

Why is it that half of the fan base rejects Starkiller as a viable character because he's "more powerful than Vader" but those same people have no qualms about Rey not being a Skywalker, even though she's like 2 steps away from being the second coming of Daughter?

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3454 on: November 18, 2019, 03:36:48 PM »

New bug thought:

Why is it that half of the fan base rejects Starkiller as a viable character because he's "more powerful than Vader" but those same people have no qualms about Rey not being a Skywalker, even though she's like 2 steps away from being the second coming of Daughter?

I'd disagree with Rey being that strong. She's strong to be sure, but Snoke still played with her in ep.8. I think if she came up against Vader, he'd soundly beat her.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3455 on: November 18, 2019, 04:51:06 PM »

I think if she came up against Vader, he'd soundly beat her.

I think that would be more a matter of skill. As of yet, she handles a lightsaber about as well as my 5-year-old brother handles a metal baseball bat. whereas Vader was an experienced Jedi killer.

EDIT: spelling

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3456 on: November 18, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »

I'd disagree with Rey being that strong. She's strong to be sure, but Snoke still played with her in ep.8. I think if she came up against Vader, he'd soundly beat her.
But she's the light side equivalent of Emo Ren, and she's just so powerful because FEMINISM! And the Emo successfully fooled the scarecrow and killed him, so obviously he was more powerful than the scarecrow. And they had that "awesome" poorly choreographed fight scene in the throne room to show how awesomely powerful they were.

Also, the way it was told, Vader should have been more powerful than Sidious. Sidious just knew how to manipulate Vader. Same principle as a beaten dog: its natural strengths are more than enough to kill its cruel master, but it won't because it is too scared to try. Snoke played Ren in the same fashion, until the dog bit back.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3457 on: November 18, 2019, 07:31:26 PM »

But she's the light side equivalent of Emo Ren Dark Rises and Light to Meet it - been a theme since the original trilogy
and she's just so powerful because FEMINISM! Her power likely has to do with her apparent connection to Palpatine, though thats yet to be confirmed, as her character arc is incomplete.
And the Emo successfully fooled the scarecrow and killed him, so obviously he was more powerful than the scarecrow. No, Snoke was stronger, but Kylo took advantage of Snoke's arrogance, a very commonly used tactic against Dark Side users, even in the OT.
And they had that "awesome" poorly choreographed fight scene in the throne room to show how awesomely powerful they were. Kylo successfully tackled half the guard, often 2-3 at a time where Rey struggled with (mostly) one at time, ultimately getting injured. Teamwork of Light and Dark is stronger than either by itself.

Also, the way it was told, Vader should have been more powerful than Sidious. Sidious just knew how to manipulate Vader. Same principle as a beaten dog: its natural strengths are more than enough to kill its cruel master, but it won't because it is too scared to try. Snoke played Ren in the same fashion, until the dog bit back. I agree with this.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3458 on: November 18, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »

But she's the light side equivalent of Emo Ren Dark Rises and Light to Meet it - been a theme since the original trilogy
and she's just so powerful because FEMINISM! Her power likely has to do with her apparent connection to Palpatine, though thats yet to be confirmed, as her character arc is incomplete.
And the Emo successfully fooled the scarecrow and killed him, so obviously he was more powerful than the scarecrow. No, Snoke was stronger, but Kylo took advantage of Snoke's arrogance, a very commonly used tactic against Dark Side users, even in the OT.
And they had that "awesome" poorly choreographed fight scene in the throne room to show how awesomely powerful they were. Kylo successfully tackled half the guard, often 2-3 at a time where Rey struggled with (mostly) one at time, ultimately getting injured. Teamwork of Light and Dark is stronger than either by itself.

Also, the way it was told, Vader should have been more powerful than Sidious. Sidious just knew how to manipulate Vader. Same principle as a beaten dog: its natural strengths are more than enough to kill its cruel master, but it won't because it is too scared to try. Snoke played Ren in the same fashion, until the dog bit back. I agree with this.
I hate to point out, but you are contradicting yourself. Kyle is only 2nd generation away from Anakin, yet far more powerful than Luke, and Luke's strength should have been diluted by Padme, and therefore less than Vader's.

Vader > Luke > Kyle

But Luke was powerful enough to defeat Vader. 

Luke ≥ Vader > Sidious

You're also saying that Snoke was more powerful than Vader, despite arguing that Starkiller shouldn't have been more powerful than Vader using the logic "because he wasn't from the Skywalker bloodline". And that Rey is equal with Ren, despite being connected to Palps who you agree was less powerful than Vader.

Rey(non-Skywalker) = Kyle ≤ Snoke(non-Skywalker)

Even though the story (albeit weak) paints Luke as the greatest threat to Snoke which should mean: Luke > Snoke

Also, you agreed with my beaten dog analogy that a lesser master can control a more powerful underling. So is Snoke more powerful than Ren or not?

In the math world, this is what is known as a paradox. A < B < C <A

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3459 on: November 18, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

I hate to point out, but you are contradicting yourself. Kyle is only 2nd generation away from Anakin, yet far more powerful than Luke, and Luke's strength should have been diluted by Padme, and therefore less than Vader's.

Vader > Luke > Kyle

But Luke was powerful enough to defeat Vader. 

Luke ≥ Vader > Sidious

You're also saying that Snoke was more powerful than Vader, despite arguing that Starkiller shouldn't have been more powerful than Vader using the logic "because he wasn't from the Skywalker bloodline". And that Rey is equal with Ren, despite being connected to Palps who you agree was less powerful than Vader.

Rey(non-Skywalker) = Kyle ≤ Snoke(non-Skywalker)

Even though the story (albeit weak) paints Luke as the greatest threat to Snoke which should mean: Luke > Snoke

Also, you agreed with my beaten dog analogy that a lesser master can control a more powerful underling. So is Snoke more powerful than Ren or not?

In the math world, this is what is known as a paradox. A < B < C <A

Im well aware of what a paradox is, however all I was trying to say was with Rey we dont know yet, because her lineage is still unknown.

Darth Vader was *not* as his full strength when he fought Luke in ep6 - also with the Force having a will of its own it may not dilute over generations as you have displayed.

In addition to all this with Rey still being mostly untrained, we dont know what her full potential might be. As she currently is in ep8, I'd say both Snoke and Vader are stronger than her yes, but we dont know how she might end up. Strict power scalings always have flaws, its why i usually try not to partake in the "who would win in x vs x fight" type stuff, I was just saying here that I dont think Rey is anywhere near the Daughter.

Also wasnt saying Snoke was stronger than Vader, Snoke was very strong yes, and maybe even stronger than episode 6 Vader who was a shell of his former self, but thats an entirely different debate.

Meat of what Im saying is this: Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One. He, in his prime, should be portrayed as one of the strongest force-wielders to exist. When he was finally defeated, he was a shell of his former self, battling a son he didnt want to kill, he wanted to convert. Whatever the mess of power scaling down below is, Anakin is top-dog IMO.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3460 on: November 18, 2019, 11:03:05 PM »

Also, it is important to note, that we have never seen Anakin at the very peak of his powers. I really do not think that Anakin from ROTS was the most powerful he could have been. Had he been able to continue growing in power (i.e. not being cut into pieces and constantly tortured by Sidious), he would have eventually (probably not too long away either) been stronger than Sidious, Snoke, Kylo, Rey, or anyone else. But, we never saw him in that position. Starkiller may have been powerful, and he may have been more powerful that Vader or Ep. III Anakin, but he would never be more powerful than Anakin.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3461 on: November 19, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

Also, it is important to note, that we have never seen Anakin at the very peak of his powers. I really do not think that Anakin from ROTS was the most powerful he could have been. Had he been able to continue growing in power (i.e. not being cut into pieces and constantly tortured by Sidious), he would have eventually (probably not too long away either) been stronger than Sidious, Snoke, Kylo, Rey, or anyone else. But, we never saw him in that position. Starkiller may have been powerful, and he may have been more powerful that Vader or Ep. III Anakin, but he would never be more powerful than Anakin.
If you are referring to potential, I will concur. Starkiller was indeed powerful, but I feel his potential within the Force was pretty tapped by the end of the first game.

Im well aware of what a paradox is, however all I was trying to say was with Rey we dont know yet, because her lineage is still unknown.

Darth Vader was *not* as his full strength when he fought Luke in ep6 - also with the Force having a will of its own it may not dilute over generations as you have displayed.

In addition to all this with Rey still being mostly untrained, we dont know what her full potential might be. As she currently is in ep8, I'd say both Snoke and Vader are stronger than her yes, but we dont know how she might end up. Strict power scalings always have flaws, its why i usually try not to partake in the "who would win in x vs x fight" type stuff, I was just saying here that I dont think Rey is anywhere near the Daughter.

Also wasnt saying Snoke was stronger than Vader, Snoke was very strong yes, and maybe even stronger than episode 6 Vader who was a shell of his former self, but thats an entirely different debate.

Meat of what Im saying is this: Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One. He, in his prime, should be portrayed as one of the strongest force-wielders to exist. When he was finally defeated, he was a shell of his former self, battling a son he didnt want to kill, he wanted to convert. Whatever the mess of power scaling down below is, Anakin is top-dog IMO.
That's alright. I'm pretty much doling out $#!%, as I view the Force characters in these sequels to be nothing more than idiotic shark jumps. Luke faces down the greatest Dark Side foe in the galaxy in Ep.6 and is cool as a cucumber. Senses his emo nephews power and wets himself, then runs away to hide at a very contrived location.

As far as the "will" of the Force, the idea has never sat well with me. If it had a will, then that would mean that the Dark Side is just as important as the Light. I don't believe that the Jedi were complete morons, so why, if they profess to follow this "will", would they continually oppose the Dark Side?

"You were supposed to bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness."

This is one of the dumbest lines in the prequels, IMO. Everything in the light is NOT balance. In this regard, the Jedi view the Dark Side as an opposing force. It's like saying that 'heads' and 'tails' are two separate coins.

So either the Jedi are hypocrites, or the Force is without will, and the light and dark come from within.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3462 on: November 19, 2019, 05:33:01 PM »

So either the Jedi are hypocrites, or the Force is without will, and the light and dark come from within.

I'll take door number one  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3463 on: November 19, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »

I'll take door number one  Wink
Then I will continue preaching the opposing view that there is no light or dark, there is the Force.

Sig by For Tyeth

Bob Loblaw
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 102

« Reply #3464 on: November 19, 2019, 08:01:55 PM »

Then I will continue preaching the opposing view that there is no light or dark, there is the Force.

Preach!

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 263   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: