Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652991 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #315 on: November 24, 2016, 05:29:41 PM »

unlocked Hoth Rebel Scout. managed quite a list the last few days

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #316 on: November 24, 2016, 08:40:53 PM »

Haha, thank you all for the reactions.  It's a labor of love and hate.  This game has made me pitch my phone on more than one occasion.  Thankfully my phone is shatterproof and thus has withstood the abuse.

As for my Ally code, I could give it, but sadly I am full up right now and have been for a while.  I get 1-2 random requests every day in the game and I have to deny them because I am already up to the 50 limit.  Most of it is my guild mates, so probably won't be dumping them.  I actually only have about 10 or so people who I use their allies because their synergy works well with my 2 or 3 squads that I regularly use.  As I get closer to hitting 85 I'm going to start pruning my ally list here soon and trim out the people who aren't advancing in level because they probably aren't playing anymore.  It'll probably be a bunch of level 80 people that haven't advanced at all towards 85.  When I do clear out my list some I will post my Ally code.

I'll look forward to it. I'm only lvl 50 right now, so I don't know if you want those of us who are that low down.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #317 on: November 24, 2016, 11:44:52 PM »

I dig the Ships update - but at the same time - feel stretched out a little too thin.

Doing some basic stuff with that but keeping my main focus on building an awesome Rebels team so I can unlock Emperor Palpatine whenthey do the Empire Assault event again.

Palp is a GAME CHANGER!

I basically avoid any team that has him in Arena.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #318 on: November 24, 2016, 11:56:39 PM »

I dig the Ships update - but at the same time - feel stretched out a little too thin.

Doing some basic stuff with that but keeping my main focus on building an awesome Rebels team so I can unlock Emperor Palpatine whenthey do the Empire Assault event again.

Palp is a GAME CHANGER!

That's where I'm at, and I'm also trying to unlock Lando, because I need one more scoundrel to unlock the next tier of the heists. I also think his all squad attack will be helpful against those guards.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2016, 01:04:48 AM »

Palp is a GAME CHANGER!

What are the requirements for entering Palpatine's event? Or maybe I should be asking what I need to win him. Cheesy

That's where I'm at, and I'm also trying to unlock Lando, because I need one more scoundrel to unlock the next tier of the heists. I also think his all squad attack will be helpful against those guards.

You don't have Lando yet?!? He's okay, but not my favourite. After the new update I want Boba Fett. It's a nightmare fighting him.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2016, 01:14:12 AM »

What are the requirements for entering Palpatine's event? Or maybe I should be asking what I need to win him. Cheesy

You don't have Lando yet?!? He's okay, but not my favourite. After the new update I want Boba Fett. It's a nightmare fighting him.

It's the same as the Yoda challenge, but you need a squad of rebels.

I'm also going to get Fett. I'll use the cantina credits I get from the Lando battles to get Fett. I'll likely unlock Fett first, but I'll keep working on Lando unless I get Palpatine with my current roster.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:50 AM »

It's the same as the Yoda challenge, but you need a squad of rebels.

I'm also going to get Fett. I'll use the cantina credits I get from the Lando battles to get Fett. I'll likely unlock Fett first, but I'll keep working on Lando unless I get Palpatine with my current roster.

I don't know what the Yoda one is either. Whatever, I'll google it.

It takes a long time to get Lando, especially when one only has one battle with which to get 80 shards from, like I did.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2016, 01:58:17 AM »

lucky me, already have Lando and Fett, 1/2 way to HK-47

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2016, 03:18:39 AM »

I don't know what the Yoda one is either. Whatever, I'll google it.

It takes a long time to get Lando, especially when one only has one battle with which to get 80 shards from, like I did.

Basically the today challenge requires you to have a full Jedi team to battle yoda.  Yoda is the only opponent.  I believe there are seven separate challenges, each requiring more stars from your team (first level requires all characters to have one star each, second level two stars each, etc.).

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #324 on: November 25, 2016, 05:00:25 AM »

Basically the today challenge requires you to have a full Jedi team to battle yoda.  Yoda is the only opponent.  I believe there are seven separate challenges, each requiring more stars from your team (first level requires all characters to have one star each, second level two stars each, etc.).

So to get Yoda in one challenge you would need 5 7* Jedi? I really should just google it.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #325 on: November 25, 2016, 06:13:39 AM »

Yeah like Landen said you need a full Rebel squad.  But the Empire Assault Event is WICKED rare compared to the Yoda event.

Empire Assualt has only happened once and they said it will be extremely rare.

The key to Lando is to get him to 7*, at least Gear IX and max Level.  Also - use all Crit Chance mods on him to raise his possibility of scoring a Critical Hit.

If you use his Double Down area attack - if you score more than 1 critical hit, the cooldown on it resets and the next time you use it - you deal 100% more damage than the last time.

Imagine doing that 3 times in a row!  It snowballs!

We're talking massive damage.

The key to this game is carefully reading the details of each & every Ability of all the characters you own.

Understanding them completely allows you to use them to their fullest potential and makes a HUGE difference in your game.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #326 on: November 25, 2016, 06:16:42 AM »

So to get Yoda in one challenge you would need 5 7* Jedi? I really should just google it.

It's a series of challenges, not one challenge. They are separate.  For instance, completing the three star challenge requires your team to have three stars each.  When completed, you are awarded yoda shards.  Each challenge can only be completed successfully one time and you need to complete multiple challenges to get yoda.  

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #327 on: November 25, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »

Yoda challenge cliffs notes:

You need:
Level 1 - Team of 5 Jedi at minimum 1* each
Level 2 - Team of 5 Jedi at minimum 2* each
This repeats all the way to level 7.

With each level, Yoda gets harder, adds more special attacks, brings along other opponents, etc. Each level you beat, though, gives you Yoda shards. When you beat level 5, you will have enough shards to unlock him at 5*. At level 6, it gives you enough shards and credits to upgrade him to 6*. The same with level 7.

I've read a lot that Yoda is overrated, but I read all that after I was close to getting him. I've also read that if you take the time to max him out, he is worth it. I also feel that the way they reboot characters, a 7* Yoda has the chance to be an amazing character, if they do it right, so I figured it was worth getting him.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #328 on: November 25, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »

Well, I'm now he proud owner of a 6* Mace.

Also unlocked Bistan.  Working on the other guy to get his U wing.  Any thoughts on how useful Bistan is?  He gives me my 5th rebel, which is good, but I'm working on getting others (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.). Is he worth leveling for use in a squad or just keep him around for his ship?

Also, I know Grevious is a chore to get, but is he worth it?

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #329 on: November 25, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »

Well, I'm now he proud owner of a 6* Mace.

Also unlocked Bistan.  Working on the other guy to get his U wing.  Any thoughts on how useful Bistan is?  He gives me my 5th rebel, which is good, but I'm working on getting others (Luke, Leia, Han, etc.). Is he worth leveling for use in a squad or just keep him around for his ship?

Also, I know Grevious is a chore to get, but is he worth it?

I'm working towards Grievous. I currently have 30/80 shards to unlock him. From what I've been able to figure out, and I may be way off, but it seems like the DS of the game is all about brute strength. Having a squad full of really powerful hitters that can attack an email tire squad seems to be the best tactic.
They don't have a lot of tanks or healers, aside from Royal Guard or Daka, so you can't rely on them to bail you out.

I would put GG in that heavy hitter category. I'm thinking Phasma as a lead for her ally attack plus speed down, GG, Palpatine (not Sidious), Royal Guard, plus Vader or Daka would be a tough, tough DS squad.

Or you could put him with a team of droids with HK as the lead. Also tough.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: