Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653099 times)
bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #420 on: December 04, 2016, 06:26:20 PM »

30 shards for ST Han, 20 for Wedge, Rey 41. got my work set for the week. close to Lobot too.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #421 on: December 04, 2016, 06:27:25 PM »

That's a pretty good Rebel team.

Just imagine if Leia is the one that chimes in with Biggs.  Then imagine if she gets a both bonus shots for a total of 3.  That's 5 shots for the price of 1, all with high crit.  I have seen toons fall from that.

Imagine once they're all gear level VII + Shocked

One question, does Biggs' special count as an "attack", or is it only basic abilities that do? I'm wondering because Ackbar's leader ability says whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to assist. So I'm guessing if it doesn't count as an attack, it'll call yet another ally to assist.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #422 on: December 04, 2016, 06:33:20 PM »

Imagine once they're all gear level VII + Shocked

One question, does Biggs' special count as an "attack", or is it only basic abilities that do? I'm wondering because Ackbar's leader ability says whenever an ally uses an ability that isn't an attack, they call a Rebel ally to assist. So I'm guessing if it doesn't count as an attack, it'll call yet another ally to assist.

It's an attack. The abilities that refers to would be heals, buffs, debuffs, taunts, etc.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #423 on: December 04, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »

It's an attack. The abilities that refers to would be heals, buffs, debuffs, taunts, etc.

Aw shucks.

Oh well, my current regular squad has Sidious with his crit chance up leader ability, and he, Wedge, and Biggs hit REALLY hard on critical hits.

What I'm wondering about, is why Vader's basic barely does any damage. Sure, Culling Blade is absolutely devastating when used properly, but you would think someone like Vader would have a powerful basic. His basic getting a critical hit doesn't even do as much as the previously mentioned characters basics when they don't get a critical.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #424 on: December 04, 2016, 07:04:47 PM »

Aw shucks.

Oh well, my current regular squad has Sidious with his crit chance up leader ability, and he, Wedge, and Biggs hit REALLY hard on critical hits.

What I'm wondering about, is why Vader's basic barely does any damage. Sure, Culling Blade is absolutely devastating when used properly, but you would think someone like Vader would have a powerful basic. His basic getting a critical hit doesn't even do as much as the previously mentioned characters basics when they don't get a critical.

But his basic attack has a special ability block. Use it for that. For example, if you've got an opponent low on health, and their healer is about to get a turn, have Vader hit the healer. It blocks their heal, which allows you to then finish off the other character.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #425 on: December 04, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »

But his basic attack has a special ability block. Use it for that. For example, if you've got an opponent low on health, and their healer is about to get a turn, have Vader hit the healer. It blocks their heal, which allows you to then finish off the other character.

Yeah, mine has a 55% chance.  Sad

EDIT: it's actually 65%, but still not very reliable.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #426 on: December 04, 2016, 08:31:59 PM »

Aw shucks.

Yeah, mine has a 55% chance.  Sad

EDIT: it's actually 65%, but still not very reliable.

Vader needs to be powered up to actually hit pretty hard.  I've got him at at 80 and 7* and with Gear IX all his abilities powered up to Omega and he hurts a lot more.  His basic is up to 80% ability block at that level.  He's one of those characters that takes a while to shine.  His crush at max is brutal.  You get 3 DoTs and speed down for 2 rounds.

If you're ever curious about how a character turns out, just ask.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #427 on: December 04, 2016, 08:44:07 PM »

Vader needs to be powered up to actually hit pretty hard.  I've got him at at 80 and 7* and with Gear IX all his abilities powered up to Omega and he hurts a lot more.  His basic is up to 80% ability block at that level.  He's one of those characters that takes a while to shine.  His crush at max is brutal.  You get 3 DoTs and speed down for 2 rounds.

If you're ever curious about how a character turns out, just ask.

Nice! Should only take a few more months for me to get him there. . . at least.  Roll Eyes

Sure. Is CW Chewie worth it to keep upgrading? I'm thinking not.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #428 on: December 04, 2016, 08:59:25 PM »

Nice! Should only take a few more months for me to get him there. . . at least.  Roll Eyes

I like Chewie for the Mod Challenges, which you may not have. Those are 5 round battles, and every now and then I need his taunt to allow my healers time to do their thing. It wasn't until I stopped making progress in those that I realized I need some tanks, so I got back to upgrading him. He is also good in GW on a second or third team without a lot of healers after my main team has been taken out.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #429 on: December 04, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »

Nice! Should only take a few more months for me to get him there. . . at least.  Roll Eyes

I have him in my Scoundrel squad.  He's a better tank than Han for the two Heist events when you have multiple enemies going in pretty rapid succession.  His biggest drawback is he's pretty slow.  However his leader ability helps his team survive big time.  His taunt recharges faster than Han's and gives him a health boost.  He is also able to heal himself which makes him a viable tank for longer than Han can be.  His basic caps out at a 55% chance to remove 50% turn meter, which is nice.  I actually have both in my Scoundrel squad, but I utilize Chewie more.  When I get Lando I will probably remove Han and keep Chewie.  

I like Chewie for the Mod Challenges, which you may not have. Those are 5 round battles, and every now and then I need his taunt to allow my healers time to do their thing. It wasn't until I stopped making progress in those that I realized I need some tanks, so I got back to upgrading him. He is also good in GW on a second or third team without a lot of healers after my main team has been taken out.

Yeah, he's handy for the Scoundrel Mod challenge too, especially trying to get 3 stars on Tier III.  You gotta have somebody that can take a beating and regenerate.

Not saying Han is worthless though.  His ability to boost his turn meter when he shoots, and to boost others turn meter when he takes damage when he's taunting is pretty nice.  Plus his passive to reduce turn meter from enemies every time he goes and every time he gets damaged is pretty handy.  He's just not as beefy as Chewie who has the 3rd highest HP of all of my toons after Barriss and Anakin.  My Han doesn't even make the top 15 for HP.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #430 on: December 04, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Oh Mod Challenges.  I just started those - they're tough.  O_o

I can't get better than two stars on the first battle...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #431 on: December 04, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »

Oh Mod Challenges.  I just started those - they're tough.  O_o

I can't get better than two stars on the first battle...

Give it time.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #432 on: December 04, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »

I have him in my Scoundrel squad.  He's a better tank than Han for the two Heist events when you have multiple enemies going in pretty rapid succession.  His biggest drawback is he's pretty slow.  However his leader ability helps his team survive big time.  His taunt recharges faster than Han's and gives him a health boost.  He is also able to heal himself which makes him a viable tank for longer than Han can be.  His basic caps out at a 55% chance to remove 50% turn meter, which is nice.  I actually have both in my Scoundrel squad, but I utilize Chewie more.  When I get Lando I will probably remove Han and keep Chewie. 

Yeah, he's handy for the Scoundrel Mod challenge too, especially trying to get 3 stars on Tier III.  You gotta have somebody that can take a beating and regenerate.

Not saying Han is worthless though.  His ability to boost his turn meter when he shoots, and to boost others turn meter when he takes damage when he's taunting is pretty nice.  Plus his passive to reduce turn meter from enemies every time he goes and every time he gets damaged is pretty handy.  He's just not as beefy as Chewie who has the 3rd highest HP of all of my toons after Barriss and Anakin.  My Han doesn't even make the top 15 for HP.

I have Mod Battles, but not Challenges yet. Thinking about it, it may be stood idea to get my hands on as many mods as possible. I'm currently using most of my cantina energy farming Geonosian soldier. I've been on the receiving end of a decent one of those, it's not a pleasant experience.

I think I'll get ST Han to 4* and then stop there. Focus on other characters.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #433 on: December 04, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »

magma trooper for more Vader shards today. 25 shards to ST Han. Snowtrooper 2 stars (free packs) decent day.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #434 on: December 05, 2016, 02:49:55 AM »

New damage record! I almost hit 35000 with Vader's Culling Blade.  Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: