Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653250 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #720 on: December 18, 2016, 09:51:53 PM »

Unlocked:

Darth Calon - I assume you are working this guy as well?  Wink

I just kicked off a Heroic Tier Raid in the Tank Takedown in my Guild . . . ooh . . . unwise.  Doesn't look like we'll have any shot to finish.

WAY harder than the newly recalibrated Normal version that we just TORE through this weekend . . . disappointing.  I was hoping we might actually have been able to start collecting our General Kenobi shards.

Got a long term vision in mind for Arena:

- General Kenobi (Leader)

- Anakin Skywalker

- Ahsoka Tano

- Captain Rex

- Commander Cody

Put the Clone Wars Band back together!  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #721 on: December 18, 2016, 10:20:54 PM »

To say I'm pissed would be a gross understatement. I spent all this time, not to mention real money, only to see my hopes of getting the Emperor destroyed by the results of the Squad Tournament. I had 112000 ally points, they're gone, and I also ran out of time.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Oh, and it also had to happen on my birthday. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

@LC, because of ^^^, I'm now free to farm whoever I want, so maybe.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #722 on: December 18, 2016, 10:29:32 PM »

To say I'm pissed would be a gross understatement. I spent all this time, not to mention real money, only to see my hopes of getting the Emperor destroyed by the results of the Squad Tournament. I had 112000 ally points, they're gone, and I also ran out of time.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Oh, and it also had to happen on my birthday. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

@LC, because of ^^^, I'm now free to farm whoever I want, so maybe.

DC, I feel for you. I wasn't able to get her, either, and this was the first tournament I made a conscious effort to get the character.

Here's the thing, I don't think anyone in the guild LC and I are in has ever gotten a character in a tournament, either. And, if you had got her, would you be able to farm her? It seems like the only ones who get to that level are ones that pay seious money for the game.

He'll be back around in a few months, and you'll be farther along and able to get him, maybe at 7*, next time.

Hang in there, man.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #723 on: December 18, 2016, 10:57:58 PM »

Congrats Lord Canterbury

Personally I just 5-starred Lando and Lumi, and unlocked Boba, so I'm pretty happy  Cool

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #724 on: December 18, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »

DC, I feel for you. I wasn't able to get her, either, and this was the first tournament I made a conscious effort to get the character.

Here's the thing, I don't think anyone in the guild LC and I are in has ever gotten a character in a tournament, either. And, if you had got her, would you be able to farm her? It seems like the only ones who get to that level are ones that pay seious money for the game.

He'll be back around in a few minths, and you'll be farther along and able to get him, maybe at 7*, next time.

Hang in there, man.

I wouldn't be able to farm her, but if I had scored 3rd or higher I would probably get the Emperor. Oh well, I keep telling myself it's just a game. Next time it comes I should be able to run the squad I wanted too. (Leia instead of Jyn)

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #725 on: December 19, 2016, 02:07:56 AM »

I'm skipping any further Events that require Ally Points until I have 500K+.  I've come to realize that's the only way you are going to finish in the top 100 to get the Unlock.

I actually topped out at #99 in this one but couldn't hang on and ultimately dropped to about 250.

So - here's my advice on this:

I'll betcha anything they will do a bunch of these again next year for Episode VIII.

Probably even to finally introduce Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.

So?

Start saving and don't cave & spend them!

By the time the Episode VIII characters come into play, you'll have a RIDONKULOUS amount of Ally Points so you can spend endlessly and really compete for a top spot.

That's my plan. Not doing the suckers bet anymore when I only have 130k points.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #726 on: December 19, 2016, 02:28:50 AM »

I'm skipping any further Events that require Ally Points until I have 500K+.  I've come to realize that's the only way you are going to finish in the top 100 to get the Unlock.

I actually topped out at #99 in this one but couldn't hang on and ultimately dropped to about 250.

So - here's my advice on this:

I'll betcha anything they will do a bunch of these again next year for Episode VIII.

So?

By the time the Episode VIII characters come into play, you'll have a RIDONKULOUS amount of Ally Points so you can spend endlessly and really compete for a top spot.

That's my plan. Not doing the suckers bet anymore when I only have 130k points.

I also think it's all about the push at the end. Get on the board and move up quickly and early so you don't start way in the back. Then, with about 2 hours or so left to go, play like crazy to move up into the ranks where you get the characters.

I also think they will eventually release these characters to be farmed through normal game play, but those that took advantage in the tournament will be that much farther along. That's just my opinion, though.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #727 on: December 19, 2016, 04:37:42 AM »

Landen, you played drums, right? I could really use a drum roll, cause. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7* Biggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I've officially joined the 7 star club.  Grin Grin Grin

This shard shop thing looks expensive. I'm thinking once I get Lumi to 7*, (1 1/2 - 2 weeks) I'll just keep buying their shards to convert. Thoughts?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #728 on: December 19, 2016, 06:56:35 AM »

Landen, you played drums, right? I could really use a drum roll, cause. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7* Biggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shard shop thing looks expensive. I'm thinking once I get Lumi to 7*, (1 1/2 - 2 weeks) I'll just keep buying their shards to convert. Thoughts?

Sweet.  6* Mace is my highest, although I did just get to gear VIII on Vader.  I think I'm 10 or 15 away from Maul now. 

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #729 on: December 19, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

*cymbal crash*

Congrats!!

I'd keep farming up the characters you think you'll need to be 7* before going for someone else in the shard shop. Grievous has gotten easier since he showed up in ships, but it's a long, long haul to get him.

I'd get Lumi, Phasma, Bane, Teebo, Dathcha, and IG-86 (that's all I can remember) in GW all up to 7* first if I had to start over. It's just a much quicker way to get some high powered characters on your roster, and you'll soon want them.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #730 on: December 19, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »

Sweet.  6* Mace is my highest, although I did just get to gear VIII on Vader.  I think I'm 10 or 15 away from Maul now. 

I only need one more piece for Gear 8 Lando, but I'm not a high enough player level to farm the pieces or equip it.  Roll Eyes

*cymbal crash*

Congrats!!

I'd keep farming up the characters you think you'll need to be 7* before going for someone else in the shard shop. Grievous has gotten easier since he showed up in ships, but it's a long, long haul to get him.

I'd get Lumi, Phasma, Bane, Teebo, Dathcha, and IG-86 (that's all I can remember) in GW all up to 7* first if I had to start over. It's just a much quicker way to get some high powered characters on your roster, and you'll soon want them.

Thanks, but I thought I asked for a drum roll? Smiley

Why Teebo and Dathcha? Ewoks and Jawas are important?

Thinking back, this game must have took pity on me for wrecking an hour of my birthday.   Tongue     Yesterday I promoted Ackbar to 5*, unlocked Rey, upgraded Lumi to Gear 7, an you've already heard the biggest one.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #731 on: December 19, 2016, 04:34:36 PM »

first character to L7 gear Kenobi

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #732 on: December 19, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »

I only need one more piece for Gear 8 Lando, but I'm not a high enough player level to farm the pieces or equip it.  Roll Eyes

Thanks, but I thought I asked for a drum roll? Smiley

Thinking back, this game must have took pity on me for wrecking an hour of my birthday.   Tongue     Yesterday I promoted Ackbar to 5*, unlocked Rey, upgraded Lumi to Gear 7, an you've already heard the biggest one.

There are certain things that require a team of Jawas, so yes, they are important. Ewoks have great synergy together. I hate running into teams of them in GW or arena. Also, Teebo as a lead can give the team stealth abilities, so it can be tough to take out anyone on a team with him in the lead, and I believe he has turn meter reduction for opponents, so I've heard he's a good lead choice in guild raids.

Again, at this point for you and me, it's all about getting characters that allow us access and success in all aspects of the game. Then we can pick our team, farm those people up like crazy, and we can start to climb the boards, but we first need credits and gear, and for that we need deep, varied rosters.

I went Yoda hunting too early in the game. I'm glad I got him, but in retrospect, I'd wish I'd gone after a few other characters first.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #733 on: December 19, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »

Here's the thing, I don't think anyone in the guild LC and I are in has ever gotten a character in a tournament, either. And, if you had got her, would you be able to farm her? It seems like the only ones who get to that level are ones that pay serious money for the game.

That's pretty much how I see tournaments.  I hardly even participated in this one.

I'm skipping any further Events that require Ally Points until I have 500K+.  I've come to realize that's the only way you are going to finish in the top 100 to get the Unlock.

Yeah, I have over 200k at this point.  I don't plan on spending on future tournaments except for the U-wing and Vader's TIE.  I just don't really need more characters at this point.  If they released a Jedi Luke though, I might even just pay real money for him.  ROTJ Luke is seriously my favorite.

Personally I just 5-starred Lando and Lumi, and unlocked Boba, so I'm pretty happy  Cool

I also managed Lando to 5* this weekend thanks to double drops from Cantina and I am on my way to 6* before this event ends.  I also got all the shards I need to get Ugnaught to 7*, though I don't have the credits yet.

With Ewoks, they aren't really important for any singular event, but Teebo is a good squad leader and Ewok Elder is a pretty handy toon for his heals and rezzes.

Jawas are more important.  One, they have their own Mod Challenge and it's only Jawas so you'll have to get all 5 if you want to do well.  Two, they are VERY useful against the AAT Tank raid.  They hurt those droids and the tank a lot.  Depending on the Phase it can be either Dathcha or Nebit that's better for lead.  Jawa Engineer is also very good for a Droid squad as he helps take care of them.  If you want to run both, you would just fill in your Jawa squad with Ugnaught to replace Jawa Engineer since Ug is good against droids too.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #734 on: December 19, 2016, 05:49:56 PM »

Have you done the math on unlocking Grievous from the Shard Shop?

You might have a mortgage & children by the time you get him to 7*.

The conversion rate in there is TERRIBLE.  Only thing I do in there is buy the MK5 Furnaces when I need a few more to get to 50.

Skip it and get other chars from GW like 86, Resistance Pilot & Teebo to 7* instead.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: