Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652991 times)
Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1605 on: February 10, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »

So, I'd like to make it known that I LOVE Darth Maul's ship the Scimitar.  I just won 5 matches in a row today and gained 100 rank. 

I have it as my first backup ship for when I lose one.  If Biggs is the first to go, due to taunting and taking all the damage, Maul comes out and puts retribution on Slave 1.  Boba will spread target lock and slaughter some stuff.  If another ship is the first to go, doesn't matter which, Maul comes out and puts retribution on Biggs.  He's got plenty of HP and will spread target lock for other ships.

I'm close to getting Maul to 7* and to getting his ship to 5* so I'm looking forward to even more slaughter.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1606 on: February 10, 2017, 02:10:59 AM »

So, I'd like to make it known that I LOVE Darth Maul's ship the Scimitar.  I just won 5 matches in a row today and gained 100 rank.  

I have it as my first backup ship for when I lose one.  If Biggs is the first to go, due to taunting and taking all the damage, Maul comes out and puts retribution on Slave 1.  Boba will spread target lock and slaughter some stuff.  If another ship is the first to go, doesn't matter which, Maul comes out and puts retribution on Biggs.  He's got plenty of HP and will spread target lock for other ships.

I'm close to getting Maul to 7* and to getting his ship to 5* so I'm looking forward to even more slaughter.

That's really good to know. I'm 48/50 on Scimitar and My Maul is 5* Gear 8. Not bad, could be better.

Edit, I just unlocked Scimitar. It's gonna be a beast! I only had the building materials to get it to level 43, and it already has more health than some of my ships. It even passed Bistan's U-Wing (which is level 70) in power. Shocked

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1607 on: February 10, 2017, 08:22:22 AM »

Obi Wan 6*, Plo Koon 4* and Biggs 6* a pretty good day.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1608 on: February 11, 2017, 12:26:57 AM »

Just FYI, this new event is pretty hard, as it states.  The special power it gives is pretty cool, and I made it to round 3, but got creamed there.  Teebo and Ugnaught are gonna be pretty important.  I imagine Rey is gonna be important too as a heavy hitter.

On the bright side I just got my Lumi up to Gear 11.  She's now ready to kick even more butt!

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1609 on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:51 AM »

Oh joy, Bronzium just gave me Lobot....

Also, why is the Tuskin Shaman in the Fleet shop?  I thought it was pilots only....

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1610 on: February 11, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »

6-starred Daka
6-starred Pathfinder, giving me a team of 2 6star+ 3 7star Rebels

I've been tempted to try and 7star my Wedge and Pathfinder in time for the EP event, but as I think my character levels would hold me back from completing it, I won't bother.

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1611 on: February 11, 2017, 02:28:10 PM »

You know you're in for a long GW table when node 6 Co trains an all 80+ maxed rebels team with Wiggs, Lando, and Baze. Oh, and they also brought Rey along. Just to add to the mockery they made of my DS team.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1612 on: February 11, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

You know you're in for a long GW table when node 6 Co trains an all 80+ maxed rebels team with Wiggs, Lando, and Baze. Oh, and they also brought Rey along. Just to add to the mockery they made of my DS team.

I had one of those the other day where I think 6 was actually harder than any of the others.  Had EP, RG, Vader, Shoretrooper, and Sun Fac.  I was getting creamed pretty fast with any team I tried to send in to soften them up, and I didn't want to burn up my A-team, so I kept quitting out and finally just sent in my droid team for maximum damage.  They at least managed to take out everybody but Vader.  Not even 9, 10, 11, or 12 were as hard as 6 was.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1613 on: February 11, 2017, 03:48:14 PM »

I had one of those the other day where I think 6 was actually harder than any of the others.  Had EP, RG, Vader, Shoretrooper, and Sun Fac.  I was getting creamed pretty fast with any team I tried to send in to soften them up, and I didn't want to burn up my A-team, so I kept quitting out and finally just sent in my droid team for maximum damage.  They at least managed to take out everybody but Vader.  Not even 9, 10, 11, or 12 were as hard as 6 was.

That's what I experienced today. I tried a few different versions of my DS team and finally settled on a roster and placement (because where the toons are located on the screen can make a big difference) that was able to take out all but two. Then I sent in  my B Jedi team to finish them. They ran until node 11. My Rebels then took it from there.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1614 on: February 11, 2017, 04:09:25 PM »

Cad Bane to Gear 7 and more importantly ST Han to Gear 9!

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1615 on: February 11, 2017, 04:48:22 PM »

That's what I experienced today. I tried a few different versions of my DS team and finally settled on a roster and placement (because where the toons are located on the screen can make a big difference) that was able to take out all but two. Then I sent in  my B Jedi team to finish them. They ran until node 11. My Rebels then took it from there.

Yeah, I have 6 teams that I use for varying situations in GW.

My main team, the team I make most of the journey with, and that can usually get the job done without substitute is due to heals and large health pools is Barriss(L), JKA, Ahsoka, Lumi, and Yoda. 

My A-team of Jedi, which I use for PvP, or when I need a really fast squad to win in GW, only varies by 1 in which QGJ is leader instead of Barriss.

My B-team of Jedi is my counter squad.  This squad isn't especially strong, but they have heals and armor buff and are good for softening up teams that use a lot of AOE.  Ima(L), Barriss, Mace, Eeth, and JC.

Then of course there's the droid squad: HK-47(L), IG-88, IG-86, K-2SO, JE.  To quote Samuel L. Jackson on the AK-47: "When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother f*cker in the room, ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES!!!!"

My Rebel squad is certainly good for blitz damage, though their survivability isn't too great.  Usually good for situations were you really need to take out 1 or 2 members of a squad to knock it down to a manageable level for another team to finish.  It usually consists of Ackbar(L), Leia, Biggs, Wedge, and the last member depends on the situation.  ST Han of course for tanking needs, or Hoth Scout for pure damage.  Still working on Lando to get him properly modded.

Then there's the debuffs squad.  When you need to lay down a sea of red to oppress your opponent into oblivion.  EP(L), RG, Vader, Boba, Dengar.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1616 on: February 11, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »

I usually use my DS team as my main team, keeping my A Jedi team in reserve for the end.

My DS team is EP lead, Vader, RG, 88, and Sidious. Usually, around node 8 or 9, I'll have to swap Boba and Phasma for 88 and Sidious. They just can't take or deliver enough damage at that point and usually quickly fall into the yellow, which then makes my RG take too much damage.

My rebel team, like you said, is good for a massive punch is Wedge lead, Biggs, K-2, Leia and Rey or Ackbar, depending on the other team. It's usually Rey. I used Lando for the first time today in GW, and he did help quite a bit. He's only 5*, but he's one slot away from gear 9, so he'll be fun once I get him up.

My B Jedi team is IGD lead, Kit Fisto, Mace, Eeth Koth, and Ahsoka. Her heals can usually keep them in the fight, and IGD's counter lead ability is great for AoE attacks. They're usually good for a couple nodes or taking out 1 or 2 in a tough squad.

My A Team is Barriss lead, Lumi, JC, QGJ, and Yoda. They don't hit hard, but they are tough to kill. I'll eventually get Anakin and put him on that team, but that's not a priority yet.

I need a droid team.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1617 on: February 11, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »

just got Windu to 7* make my 2nd toon there. Asoka is my next one.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1618 on: February 11, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »

Um. . .

Should I be glad Palpatine isn't another Rebel, or scared that he's fully maxed?

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1619 on: February 11, 2017, 08:51:29 PM »

You should be glad you have your own Pal to kill them.

I usually make it through GW using two squads.

First 6 to 9 nodes or so: Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, Ackbar

However many are left: Palpatine, Vader, Royal Guard, Dooku, Maul

If there are only one or two rebels or Jedi in the opposing squad, I have Vader lead for damage, otherwise it's the Emperor.

Rarely do I need to use anyone else.  If someone in the Sith/Empire squad goes down, I sub in Sidious.

Back up squads would be Anakin, Ahsoka, Yoda, Rey, Ventriss/Qui-Gon or Barriss, Luminara, Mace, Boba, Chewie.  For the back ups I try to run leaders whose skill affects everyone.

Question: Given that I don't have a Jawa Engineer yet, is Lobot worth running with Droids?  My current droids are HK, 88, 86, 100, and Grevious.  Obviously I want to get an Engineer and B2, but until then put in Lobot or stick with all Droids?  

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: