Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652975 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1875 on: March 02, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »

I promoted 3 Resistance toons to 5* today. That's all of them except resistance trooper. I still need a ton of gear though as most of them are below Gear 5.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1876 on: March 02, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

I only have Rey at a decent level (7*, 85) and gear (X), all others are way too weak with Finn not even unlocked yet.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #1877 on: March 02, 2017, 07:40:47 PM »

I don't really think that the speed % mods are that neglectable. Remember, the higher your overall speed, the better for the speed % mod. And you can get speed as primary and secondary stats on those. It kills two birds with one stone - speed modding with speed stats plus the 10% bonus is always better than speed modding without 10%, isn't it? Wink Of course, you need the full Resistance squad first, which is very hard to push to the level needed for Tier III.

I promoted 3 Resistance toons to 5* today. That's all of them except resistance trooper. I still need a ton of gear though as most of them are below Gear 5.

I only have Rey at a decent level (7*, 85) and gear (X), all others are way too weak with Finn not even unlocked yet.

You are correct in your math.  

Your second statement is what rings more true for most people.  The effort needed in building a Resistance squad that can handle Tier 3 of the speed challenge is one that is makes it less efficient to try and go for those.  Not to mention their usefulness(or lack thereof) outside of the mod challenge.  Rey is of course popular and useful.  Poe has gained popularity with Ships.  Finn is a little more useful now, but still not used very much.  The other two are even less so.

Health, Defense, and Crit are 3 easily farmable categories which all provide very useful stat boosts without having to go to all the extra effort.  Some day I might have a Resistance squad that will try and go for the mods, but until then there are other toons that are a much higher priority.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #1878 on: March 02, 2017, 09:37:27 PM »

Guess what I 7-starred this morning?   Cool

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1879 on: March 02, 2017, 09:59:47 PM »

Point because you used a LEGO picture. Cheesy

And congrats! This cantina energy refresh thingy just got a lot more attractive if you got 13 shards that quickly. . .

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1880 on: March 03, 2017, 04:26:56 AM »

What's worse than having 79/80 Jawa Engineer shards?  Also having 60/65 Slave 1 shards, knowing I'll be 64/65 shards because of the stoopid 4shard packs.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1881 on: March 03, 2017, 04:51:54 AM »

What's worse than having 79/80 Jawa Engineer shards?  Also having 60/65 Slave 1 shards, knowing I'll be 64/65 shards because of the stoopid 4shard packs.

Yeah, I hate when ships is like that.  As for character shards, I know that I'll always be getting 5 at a time, and JE is only gotten in the guild store, so if I know in the end I'll be 1 or 2 short I start looking in the shard shop or the shipments to see if I can snag 2 or 3 and get it so I'm 1 or 2 over so that's 1 less shipment I have to buy in the end.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #1882 on: March 03, 2017, 05:22:34 AM »

Yeah, I might look for it in the shard shop for a while, especially as I don't have enough guild currency currently to buy another pack.  I haven't had enough shard shop currency to buy much from there so far, and when I have had 300+ it's gone towards Vader shards.  It might be my best bet atm though.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1883 on: March 03, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »

You are correct in your math. 

Your second statement is what rings more true for most people.  The effort needed in building a Resistance squad that can handle Tier 3 of the speed challenge is one that is makes it less efficient to try and go for those.  Not to mention their usefulness(or lack thereof) outside of the mod challenge.  Rey is of course popular and useful.  Poe has gained popularity with Ships.  Finn is a little more useful now, but still not used very much.  The other two are even less so.

Health, Defense, and Crit are 3 easily farmable categories which all provide very useful stat boosts without having to go to all the extra effort.  Some day I might have a Resistance squad that will try and go for the mods, but until then there are other toons that are a much higher priority.

I don't push the Resistance team either. I'm focusing on Jawas for the Crit Dmg right now...need it especially for the IG droids, Lando, Wedge and Biggs. Maybe Rey, too. But I'm trying to get most of the mods from the Mod Shop. Especially those "A" grade mods are extremely beneficial, with the existing secondary stats also increasing instead of adding them randomly to the mods from the challenges. You can choose those whose stats appeal you...maybe I can get some speed mods from there, too Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #1884 on: March 03, 2017, 07:43:27 PM »

I don't push the Resistance team either. I'm focusing on Jawas for the Crit Dmg right now...need it especially for the IG droids, Lando, Wedge and Biggs. Maybe Rey, too.
Same here. Resistance is a waste because of my arena I can't use them. Better to gear and level up characters I can actually use.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #1885 on: March 03, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »

I don't push the Resistance team either. I'm focusing on Jawas for the Crit Dmg right now...need it especially for the IG droids, Lando, Wedge and Biggs. Maybe Rey, too. But I'm trying to get most of the mods from the Mod Shop. Especially those "A" grade mods are extremely beneficial, with the existing secondary stats also increasing instead of adding them randomly to the mods from the challenges. You can choose those whose stats appeal you...maybe I can get some speed mods from there, too Tongue

Heh, I'm more pushing Jawas for Tank raid.  Nebit is the last one I need to get up to 7*.  Already got the other 3 and Ugnaught done.  Engineer is of course committed to my droid team.  Crit damage is another one of those that requires a set of 4 so I haven't gone far with that, but we'll see eventually.  I imagine when my group is tank raid capable, then I'll be ready to do the challenge.

I've been eyeballing the mod store, but I am very picky about which I spend my credits on.  Unless it's got a primary stat of speed, or unless it's purple or gold already where I can see if it's got stats I want, I don't buy in.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1886 on: March 03, 2017, 10:30:26 PM »

Managed to unlock Red and Harris. Upgraded Wedges ship

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1887 on: March 04, 2017, 07:45:20 AM »

I haven't posted any little progress updates lately, certainly not like I used to. But I just Omega'd Biggs special, so now I can do the double assist every 2 turns. MWAHAHAHA!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #1888 on: March 04, 2017, 08:20:31 AM »

Dang auto correct. Rex  and Barris.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #1889 on: March 04, 2017, 04:28:41 PM »

Dang auto correct. Rex  and Barris.

I was wondering about that. Congrats on 2 awesome toons, especially Barriss.

-----

Wow these updates are amazing!!!

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: