Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 653253 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2130 on: March 21, 2017, 03:53:15 PM »

Well, as long as you don't use an Empire enemy to hit Biggs, and you don't crit him with anybody else, he doesn't gain the 100% turn meter.  Nihilus negates crits for Sith.  His lead is also good against teams with Zeta Barriss.

Very clever, but I always Shock/Daze Biggs so he doesn't gain TM. Then I unload on him like I do when I stun Dooku or Fives.

As for Zetas, I've only encountered 1. . . and it was an accident. I failed to check the level of QGJ's lead but thought I'd easily win cause it was a Jedi team. Then the battle started and they all had foresight. Oops. I somehow still pulled it off though.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2131 on: March 21, 2017, 05:00:35 PM »

Well, as long as you don't use an Empire enemy to hit Biggs, and you don't crit him with anybody else, he doesn't gain the 100% turn meter.  Nihilus negates crits for Sith.  His lead is also good against teams with Zeta Barriss.
So that's why I always deal with that unless I use fives. Good to know.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Soul
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -115

« Reply #2132 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

@Vivectius
I've seen whole threads on other forums preaching that you spend everything on Rey until she's maxed.  They were old threads though, before the emergence of heavy aoe teams changed arena.  Do you still think Rey is as clutch as she once was?

@Krace
Yeah, fair suggestion about leader abilities.  I'll have to look at the omegas for my leaders (Wedge, Palpatine, HK-47, QGJ) and see what they do for me.

That's an interesting suggestion about a Nihilus lead team against rebels.  I really want to build a Nihilus led sith team, mostly because Nihilus is sick, but I'm not sure I want to commit powerful teams to anti-crit anti-heal builds.  Plus EP is wasted in a Nihilus led team, as is Sidious (coincidence?  Tongue ).

Neither Sith nor Jedi, however dark side points are appropriate

My saber: Aeon LE V4 Fire Orange stunt

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2133 on: March 21, 2017, 10:23:04 PM »

Do you still think Rey is as clutch as she once was?
I personally think that rey is still viable for arena on three conditions.

One, you have to mod her just right. This means that you can't just slap on random mods or you gonna die. She needs speed, speed, and more speed. Did I mention speed? However, use tenacity mods with high speed secondaries. The current meta is debuff reliant.

Second, you need a team that will last overnight and that you can use during the day. You need and I mean need barriss. And as you leader too. You also need a taunting tank being either shoretrooper or royal guard. Then throw in wedge and biggs and you're set.

The third thing is gear. My rey is lvl 81 gear 9 7*. I would have her at gear 10 but I’m hoarding certain gears right now(4 mk5 furnaces with 47 salvage). Also keep in mind that you need to level her up too.

She probably will be the first one to die but still. She sometimes puts 40k damage to a toon killing them. At gear 9, I can’t imagine gear 10. Just my 2 cents.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2134 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:18 AM »

Check your inboxes.  Looks like Rogue 1 characters are now going to be available in various locations.    Cheesy

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2135 on: March 22, 2017, 01:05:23 AM »

Sabine Wren has her twin Blasters AND the Darksaber!!!

I'm passing on Rogue One toons and saving my assets for when they eventually disperse the new Sith & Ghost Crew to mineable locations.

I've got plenty to work on now for Heroic Tank anyway.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2136 on: March 22, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »

I'm passing on Rogue One toons and saving my assets for when they eventually disperse the new Sith & Ghost Crew to mineable locations.
But, this is a blind guy that's awesome! Anyways I'm really excited to be able to get my k-2so to 7* and chirrut too. I can't get to baze right now unfortunately.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2137 on: March 22, 2017, 01:10:17 AM »

@Vivectius
I've seen whole threads on other forums preaching that you spend everything on Rey until she's maxed.  They were old threads though, before the emergence of heavy aoe teams changed arena.  Do you still think Rey is as clutch as she once was?

As clutch? Maybe not. For where I float in arena (500's)? Still very viable. For use in GW? Yes. For targeting single enemies, like Rancors? Oh heck yes.

Any of her attacks, basic or special, can kill most of what I run into in GW, or at least severely cripple it.  For arena, I completely agree with Grey Owl that she needs a lot of speed.

But my arena team is pretty much always Emperor (L), Vader, Royal Guard, Nihilus, and Maul.  Royal Guard will be switched out for Sith Trooper eventually, but that's not going to be for a while.

@Soul, why would you consider Emperor or Sidious wasted with Nihilus as lead?  Emperor can still hurt and stun, and has his end of turn damage against jedi and Rebels.  And remember with Nihilus as lead, all Sith get life steal.  Lots of life steal. 100% at level 7, 150% at level 8.

One thing I think we can all agree on, no matter your squad composition: speed kills.  If you have it, you kill, if you don't have it, you get killed.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

« Reply #2138 on: March 22, 2017, 01:16:10 AM »

@Soul, why would you consider Emperor or Sidious wasted with Nihilus as lead?  Emperor can still hurt and stun, and has his end of turn damage against jedi and Rebels.  And remember with Nihilus as lead, all Sith get life steal.  Lots of life steal. 100% at level 7, 150% at level 8.
Well here:
EP can't use crackling coom.

Sid doesn't gain health from his unique when an enemy dies anymore.

That's what I gather.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2139 on: March 22, 2017, 01:19:44 AM »

Perhaps "wasted" was a strong word, however they both have abilities that are completely nullified by Nihilus' lead.  Palp's 'Let the hate Flow' is crippled by it due to the healing not happening, and Sidious' 'Demoralizing Blows' can't crit under a Nihilus lead and therefore can't get the extra Dot or expose debuff.  That's a big loss for Sidious.  On top of that, his 'Sadistic Glee' is crippled in the same way as Palp's.

Edit:  As Grey Owl said, but the fact that Sidious' 'Demoralizing Blows' is so heavily crippled is a big thing.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2140 on: March 22, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »

^ As someone who has the Emperor on my Nihilus Sith Team - a Team which puts me in the Top 50 with ease every single day even though I still have a ton of work to do on it and don't have DN's Leader Zeta yet - I'm calling Shenanigans on all this talk.

I don't care as much about Sidious, but if you are running a Sith Team, regardless of Leader, you'd be crazy to not put Palpatine in.

Trust me.  He's still deadly and a key part of my team!

Sorry - had to post that!   Wink

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2141 on: March 22, 2017, 02:19:19 AM »

Palpatine is well. . . Emperor Palpatine. Easily one of my favourite and most devastating toons. He's going Gear X the minute I hit level 80.

Soul
Knight Commander

« Reply #2142 on: March 22, 2017, 02:37:29 AM »

Sorry - had to post that!   Wink

And well you should  Tongue

I totally get what you're saying, EP is EPic regardless, and that's fair enough.  It was worth mentioning though, especially about not wanting to use Sidious on a Nihilus led team.

So, how 'bout dem rogue1 toons?  Glad they're available to FTP now, disappointed they weren't all made farmable like it was implied they'd be.

Edit:  I straight up went immediately to the GW store and bought K2SO shards though

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2143 on: March 22, 2017, 03:34:46 AM »

Pao?

So, all together, just how good does Phoenix squadron look?  With Hera's lead, everyone gets everyone else's unique.  Ezra even looks disturbingly useful.

Opinion:  there are way too many Rebels with the addition of Rogue One and SW:R. 

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2144 on: March 22, 2017, 03:44:06 AM »

There are WAY too many Rebels . . . that said . . . I am pumped for Specters 1 - 6.   Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: