Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 272   Go Down
Author Topic: Official SaberForum Galaxy of Heroes Thread  (Read 652974 times)
Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #2145 on: March 22, 2017, 05:09:07 AM »

So with these R1 characters, specifically K-2, easier to get, my future droid squad may experience a slight change. HK isn't leaving as he has to lead, and 88 and 86 aren't leaving. I'm guessing Jawa Engineer shouldn't leave. That leaves B2. Is K-2 going to be a better choice than B2, or does it just depend who I'm up against? I'm sure B2's buff cleanser would be helpful sometimes, but someone who constantly taunts and keeps the IG's alive would be valuable too. Should I even consider ditching JE?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 150

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #2146 on: March 22, 2017, 02:25:37 PM »

So with these R1 characters, specifically K-2, easier to get, my future droid squad may experience a slight change. HK isn't leaving as he has to lead, and 88 and 86 aren't leaving. I'm guessing Jawa Engineer shouldn't leave. That leaves B2. Is K-2 going to be a better choice than B2, or does it just depend who I'm up against? I'm sure B2's buff cleanser would be helpful sometimes, but someone who constantly taunts and keeps the IG's alive would be valuable too. Should I even consider ditching JE?

No, you need JE.  He's pretty essential in getting your droids to all go first.  Not to mention he can rez your droids and he can attack those that counter without being countered.

Basically you will have to choose between B2 and K-2SO.  The choice will be, do you actually need a tank more, or will the buff removal be needed more?

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2147 on: March 22, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »

No, you need JE.  He's pretty essential in getting your droids to all go first.  Not to mention he can rez your droids and he can attack those that counter without being countered.

Thought so. He was literally in the guild shop every refresh yesterday. I must've gotten 20 shards for him.

Basically you will have to choose between B2 and K-2SO.  The choice will be, do you actually need a tank more, or will the buff removal be needed more?

So it does depend who I'm against.

----

Nihilus in Shipments?!? I may have to start getting his shards there, but I'm already "farming" Shoretrooper with crystals. My last foothold on F2P is slipping. . .

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2148 on: March 22, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »

Thought so. He was literally in the guild shop every refresh yesterday. I must've gotten 20 shards for him.

So it does depend who I'm against.

----

Nihilus in Shipments?!? I may have to start getting his shards there, but I'm already "farming" Shoretrooper with crystals. My last foothold on F2P is slipping. . .

That's always a nice feeling when the store plays along and gives you what you're looking for.  At least as long as your tokens hold out.  It sucks when they show up and you run out.  I've been trying to be patient as I wait for Sun Fac.  He's been a jerk and has not been showing up in Guild store.  Of course I'm only like 30 away from finishing him too.  It's good I'm almost done so now I can start buying Jyn shards.

Heh, I just gave up and started buying the satchel that gives you the daily crystals.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2149 on: March 22, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »

That's always a nice feeling when the store plays along and gives you what you're looking for.  At least as long as your tokens hold out.  It sucks when they show up and you run out.  I've been trying to be patient as I wait for Sun Fac.  He's been a jerk and has not been showing up in Guild store.  Of course I'm only like 30 away from finishing him too.  It's good I'm almost done so now I can start buying Jyn shards.

Heh, I just gave up and started buying the satchel that gives you the daily crystals.

Indeed. Ive been making a ton of guild currency lately so that helps.

I've started buying crystal packs in addition to the daily 100.

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2150 on: March 22, 2017, 04:30:29 PM »

Indeed. Ive been making a ton of guild currency lately so that helps.

I've started buying crystal packs in addition to the daily 100.

Yeah, I just had a boatload come in since Tank raid just finished this morning and we're in the process right now of murdering the Rancor.

I would suggest if you are buying the bigger packs that you buy nothing smaller than the $20 one.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2151 on: March 22, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

Yeah, I just had a boatload come in since Tank raid just finished this morning and we're in the process right now of murdering the Rancor.

I would suggest if you are buying the bigger packs that you buy nothing smaller than the $20 one.

Yeah we do a ton of raids. Are you on Heroic Rancor and normal Tank too?

I was going to do the math, but do you get more crystals for your money the more expensive the packs are?

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2152 on: March 22, 2017, 05:29:25 PM »

Yeah we do a ton of raids. Are you on Heroic Rancor and normal Tank too?

I was going to do the math, but do you get more crystals for your money the more expensive the packs are?

Yeah, we do Heroic Rancor in about 20 minutes.  We're still on normal tank and it takes us about 8 hours.  Started it last night, finished by this morning.  Hopefully once some of our Guild get a few more Zeta characters we'll be switching to Heroic Tank.

Yes, more expensive packs equals more crystals per dollar.  That's why the $20 pack is labeled as "most popular".  It's only moderately expensive, you get more crystals per dollar than the first 3, and 2800 is just enough to buy 2 pieces of gear that cost 1400 crystals.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2153 on: March 22, 2017, 05:47:52 PM »

Yeah, we do Heroic Rancor in about 20 minutes.  We're still on normal tank and it takes us about 8 hours.  Started it last night, finished by this morning.  Hopefully once some of our Guild get a few more Zeta characters we'll be switching to Heroic Tank.

Yes, more expensive packs equals more crystals per dollar.  That's why the $20 pack is labeled as "most popular".  It's only moderately expensive, you get more crystals per dollar than the first 3, and 2800 is just enough to buy 2 pieces of gear that cost 1400 crystals.

That's about where we're at. Your Guild is probably a little ways ahead.

$20 bucks for you. Sad   It's $28 for me.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2154 on: March 22, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »

Managed to win a (for me) really hard 12th node on GW today...Wedge (L), Biggs, Shoretrooper, Sun Fac and Baze. EP could stun all on his turn, then I focused on Baze first and constantly shocked Shore and Sun to prevent them from taunting. Still lost three or four high-powered teams, but the fifth dealt with Biggs and what was left from Shore. Was quite happy and also a little bit proud...at first, I wasn't sure if I should try it at all Cheesy

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2155 on: March 22, 2017, 06:49:13 PM »

Managed to win a (for me) really hard 12th node on GW today...Wedge (L), Biggs, Shoretrooper, Sun Fac and Baze. EP could stun all on his turn, then I focused on Baze first and constantly shocked Shore and Sun to prevent them from taunting. Still lost three or four high-powered teams, but the fifth dealt with Biggs and what was left from Shore. Was quite happy and also a little bit proud...at first, I wasn't sure if I should try it at all Cheesy
I reset my GW and it's now a hellhole. I mean seriously, I can't fight a team that has Maul(L), EP, Savage, Nihilus, and Dooku. All fully equipped gear 11, and Zeta'd. And this was node 6! It took every character I had and I still didn't win! I have to scrap my zeta plan and pursue a maxed zeta'd maul team.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2156 on: March 22, 2017, 06:59:54 PM »

I know how you're feeling. I had to fight teams that were similar in power (related to my own roster) and composition, and it's simply crap sometimes. Unbeatable...I'd understand if they appear in nodes 11 or 12, but not in node 6.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2157 on: March 22, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »

I know how you're feeling. I had to fight teams that were similar in power (related to my own roster) and composition, and it's simply crap sometimes. Unbeatable...I'd understand if they appear in nodes 11 or 12, but not in node 6.
Oh no, now node 6 is the worst. This now happens every single refresh since the "rebalance" to GW.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Krace
Game Master
RP Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2158 on: March 22, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »

That's about where we're at. Your Guild is probably a little ways ahead.

$20 bucks for you. Sad   It's $28 for me.

Ouch, not a good exchange rate.

I reset my GW and it's now a hellhole. I mean seriously, I can't fight a team that has Maul(L), EP, Savage, Nihilus, and Dooku. All fully equipped gear 11, and Zeta'd. And this was node 6! It took every character I had and I still didn't win! I have to scrap my zeta plan and pursue a maxed zeta'd maul team.

Oh no now node 6 is the worst. This now happens every single refresh since the "rebalance" to GW.

Well, 6 isn't the worst, but it has the ability to be near as tough as some of the others.  I routinely run into a rough GW 6, but they usually aren't impossible.  Usually 9-12 have harder ones.  My suggestion is always if you run into a really hard team, be ready to force close the game if you have to abort.  So if your best team can't do the job, run a crap team first and make them burn up specials and be off sync.  Might even need another team to weaken a key player.  Then go in with your best hitters to do as much damage as you can.  It might only be that you can beat 6 and you're done, but at least you've past it.  I usually will stop after 6 or even 7 if I can get past it.  I like to stop at increments of 400 tokens.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2159 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »

3 easy GW's to complete the 36 nodes for the guild activity. First time I've pulled it off. I ran into EP(L), Vader, RG, Tarkin, and Lumi on node 11 just now. I was a bit worried, but I controlled it with debuffs. Shock RG, stun EP, ability block Vader, kill EP, keep Vader stunned/ability blocked as I kill him. And mop up the rest.

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 272   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: