Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 456060 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #1320 on: March 11, 2020, 09:39:11 PM »

As Infnit01 said, amazing detail in there For..."I am branching out, I have started building droids and starfighters too! So you may see a few of those in future posts. "
Super pumped to see what you come up with!!!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1321 on: March 11, 2020, 10:05:42 PM »

Hi Everybody,

How can I dislike a hilt when it is inspired by the best live action movie ever made?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1322 on: March 12, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »

Hi Lord_S_Gray and Taegin Roan,

As always thanks for the kind words. I am working on the "screen accurate" shaped Montoya hilt but it is really complex  Roll Eyes But I will get something 99% close I hope.

And to Lord_S_Gray, I have sent you a sneak peek at my Snub Fighter via PM. It's nothing ground-breaking but proved to me I could knock up models of things other than sabers...you never know I may even mock up some blasters, even if they are uncivilised! I see a lot of modified blaster designs online for games like HALO and Gears etc and figured "I could build those".

Thanks again and points winging their way to both of you!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1323 on: March 12, 2020, 08:29:00 PM »

Amazing job yet again FT! The finished version is *gorgeous*

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1324 on: March 12, 2020, 08:30:24 PM »

Hi Lord_S_Gray and Taegin Roan,

As always thanks for the kind words. I am working on the "screen accurate" shaped Montoya hilt but it is really complex  Roll Eyes But I will get something 99% close I hope.

And to Lord_S_Gray, I have sent you a sneak peek at my Snub Fighter via PM. It's nothing ground-breaking but proved to me I could knock up models of things other than sabers...you never know I may even mock up some blasters, even if they are uncivilised! I see a lot of modified blaster designs online for games like HALO and Gears etc and figured "I could build those".

Thanks again and points winging their way to both of you!
There was a smith that made a commissioned Spartan inspired hilt. It was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL kinds of friggin' AWESOME.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1325 on: March 12, 2020, 08:38:26 PM »

Amazing job yet again FT! The finished version is *gorgeous*

Thanks Psycho, I think the hilt is deceiving as it is acrually quite a simple design but it is just difficult to model and make it look good. My new laptop setup helps as it has more processor power.

There was a smith that made a commissioned Spartan inspired hilt. It was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL kinds of friggin' AWESOME.

And hi Logos, yes I have seen quite a few real nice rapier sabers from years ago (before any "Other Guys" released theirs) and they were sweet.

So no pressure on my design then.... Roll Eyes Grin

Thanks and points on the way when I can award them ok (one per 24hr rule and all)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1326 on: March 12, 2020, 08:41:21 PM »

And hi Logos, yes I have seen quite a few real nice rapier sabers from years ago (before any "Other Guys" released theirs) and they were sweet.
I was referring to the HALO comment.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1327 on: March 12, 2020, 08:51:24 PM »

Ah my bad, but my comment still holds as I have seen a few nice HALO themed hilts in my time too. I even knocked one up myself but it's not one I can share here as it uses ahem, "Other Guys" parts. Thankfully I have ditched their system so I can post more of my own designs here. Will have to add a Spartan to my list....

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1328 on: March 14, 2020, 10:55:08 PM »

Thanks for the Halo comment..........i've now been on pinterest for the last 90 minutes looking at all that glorious armor.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1329 on: March 18, 2020, 10:34:34 PM »

Hi Everybody,

I guess I should post another design and this one is the second of the two rapier style hilts I have been working on and teasing you with. This one is in honour of Inigo Montoya and I built it as practice as I prepare to make a much more screen accurate version. I figured modelling all the struts in the handguard bell would be good practice. Anyhoo enough talk Tyeth, picture time...

Holy crap dude!  I knew there was a reason I felt the pull to check out the forum today after a long time away!  I love this movie as much as Star Wars and this is amazing! I wonder if you are using the same wind we are using.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1330 on: March 18, 2020, 10:51:11 PM »

Holy crap dude!  I knew there was a reason I felt the pull to check out the forum today after a long time away!  I love this movie as much as Star Wars and this is amazing! I wonder if you are using the same wind we are using.

Hi there HanSolo! Great to hear from you again and I hope you and your folks are keeping safe and well.

As you can possibly tell I have taken things up a notch or two since we last chatted as I have a new laptop and the latest version of Blender 3D to play with now! It means I can make much more detailed models and texture them without crippling the processor on my computer.
And doing a "Princess Bride" themed hilt was both a challenge and a risk, I didn't want to upset either the SW fans or the Princess Bride fans (and those like yourself that love both!)

I am working on a screen accurate (or as near as possible) version of Montoya's rapier...it will be posted as soon as a have something I'm happy with.

Thanks for checking my thread out again, point on the way to you. And again - stay safe.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #1331 on: March 18, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »

I can tell!  Inigo's rapier will be no easy feat.  I'm pretty easy pickings when it comes to being judgy about mashups designs and such but that shouldn't belittle your abilities in the least.  Mashups like the ones you create are a welcome distraction from the day to day, especially with how things are currently for those of us in healthcare.  Keep up the great work and keep safe and well yourself!

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1332 on: March 18, 2020, 11:30:12 PM »

Hi HanSolo,

I try to mix things up now and then and just to let you know I have a Dr Who themed hilt coming up, a set of bespoke originals out of the top of my head, a few droids and a starfighter all yet to come. You could say I'm diversifying slightly!

And thanks for the words of concern - I'll take care, I am currently avoiding contact with everybody for a while (don't worry it's out of choice!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1333 on: March 19, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »

Now that I know it's ready Grin Grin Grin......when are you going to post the shiny shiny you made me? Grin Grin Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #1334 on: March 19, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »

Now that I know it's ready Grin Grin Grin......when are you going to post the shiny shiny you made me? Grin Grin Grin

How bout this weekend in my usual design slot? Just need to do some location shots and it'll be ready to show.

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: