Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Member and Excited to Purchase a Light Sabre  (Read 2050 times)
Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:20 AM »

Hello everyone. I just joined this fascinating and exciting community earlier and have been browsing the forums, window shopping at the merchandise, and setting up my profile. I know you get these questions a lot so I guess my questions will more than likely be answered fairly quickly. I want to purchase a single blade Sith light saber. Since this is a great deal for me cost is not a great concern unless it passes the $400-$500 mark but checking the prices I doubt that will happen. Other than that I have a few questions of the quality of the light sabers.

The Blade itself: Can the blades take considerable punishment? Or do you have to be very gentle with these things? I plan on making a sith costume for Halloween next year and might swing it around a couple times to show off the sounds and light. Other than that I will probably only use it for halloween and the rest of the year hang it on display in my room.

I love Star Wars. I play the MMO, own all the movies and have read a little bit of lore. I know you can build you very own light sabre but I do not quite understand the specs of each individual piece. I dont want to build one and assume the more expensive parts I buy the better it will be so if possible could anyone give me a blueprint to a great sith red light saber? I am not picky on the looks other than the handle and buttons being black. I just really want to get a great bang for a buck. Especially since I will pay a pretty penny to own one of these beauties.

The battery life of the light sabers. I want my light saber to be as bright as possible also having a very strong battery so it will shine bright for as long as it can. Could anyone give me a estimate on how long the batteries last?

Those are the main questions I have. If anyone here can answer any if all of them I would greatly appreciate it and will be that much closer in owning my very own light saber. Thank you. Smiley

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Noriko
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 103

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »

Hello Vendrell and welcome to the forum.

All Ultra sabers are combat ready. So you don't have to be gentle with them. The blades are very sturdy. Unless you want to do some very hard duelling the midgrade blades are good enough. Midgrade blades are very hard to break and heavy grade blades are close to impossible to break (although some actually managed to break them).

I've never built a saber myself. So I can't tell you how it is done. Do you have any experience in electronics and soldering? If not, then you should probably buy a complete saber instead of building it by yourself.

I would highly recommend the Lithium ion setup. These batteries are rechargeable and last longer than the standard batteries. How long these batteries last depends on various factors such as the color and whether you have sound.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

Hello Vendrell and welcome to the forum.

All Ultra sabers are combat ready. So you don't have to be gentle with them. The blades are very sturdy. Unless you want to do some very hard duelling the midgrade blades are good enough. Midgrade blades are very hard to break and heavy grade blades are close to impossible to break (although some actually managed to break them).

I've never built a saber myself. So I can't tell you how it is done. Do you have any experience in electronics and soldering? If not, then you should probably buy a complete saber instead of building it by yourself.

I would highly recommend the Lithium ion setup. These batteries are rechargeable and last longer than the standard batteries. How long these batteries last depends on various factors such as the color and whether you have sound.

Thank you for the reply. No I do not have any experience in this field of electronics or soldering. Since I will probably only use the light saber for Halloween purposes only I guess I will not be dueling with it. If I want to duel with one I will more than likely order another one for that purpose. Thank you for the information on the grade types of blades. Quick question about the batteries again my light saber will be red and I will have sound for it would lithium batteries be best for this color and sound or can you or anyone else recommend something better? Thanks again for the reply.

The Force shall free me.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »

Thank you for the reply. No I do not have any experience in this field of electronics or soldering. Since I will probably only use the light saber for Halloween purposes only I guess I will not be dueling with it. If I want to duel with one I will more than likely order another one for that purpose. Thank you for the information on the grade types of blades. Quick question about the batteries again my light saber will be red and I will have sound for it would lithium batteries be best for this color and sound or can you or anyone else recommend something better? Thanks again for the reply.

Welcome Vendrell.

Actually, Li-Ions are required if you're going to have Obsidian sound. I recommend getting the Li-Ions with BuckPuck for best battery life.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:02:09 PM »

Just to clarify what I wanted to say: The Li-Ion is ALWAYS better than the standard battery setup. But even with the Li-Ion setup the batteries can last longer with a certain color than with another color.

For the Li-Ion setup, you can also choose between buckpuck and resistor (those are different options for regulating the current). With buckpuck the batteries will last longer.

Here's a thread about the battery setup if you want to know more about the details: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1581.0

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 02:07:31 PM »

Thanks again for the information. I'll do some more research and if I hit any more bumps I'll ask again.

The Force shall free me.

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »

You would not have to buy another saber for heavy dueling.  All you would have to do is purchase a separate heavy grade blade, and change them out (which is easily done with these sabers) according to your preference of the moment.

Welcome to the forums!

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

I went to the site and did a blueprint for my light saber. Ill post the specs below. Can anyone let me know if they are good/bad to my specifications. I did the best with what information people gave me. Thanks again.

Blade Color: Red

Blade Option: 36" Ultraedge Midgrade

Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck

Button Color: Chrome

Sound: Obsidian USB Sound with Red Illuminated AV Switch with Black Activation Box

Flash on Clash: Flash Red

Malice Claw Size: Small

Malice Pommel Type: Round

Quick Disconnect: No idea what this is so will not add if not necessary.

Blade Tip: Round

Blade Retention Wrench: Yes

Include Blade Plug: Yes

Include Covertec Clip: No idea what this is so will not add if not necessary.

Install Covertec Wheel: No idea what this is so will not add if not necessary.

The Force shall free me.

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

Looks good. But might want to change the blade to a normal midgrade. Most people agree that red looks better in Midgrade than in Ultraedge Midgrade.

Quick disconnect allows you to exchange the color of your saber. You just need to buy another MLS unit with a different color and you can easily switch between those colors. If you're not planning to use a different color in the future, you don't need Quick disconnect.

If you want to attach the hilt to your belt, you will need the covertec wheel and clip. I don't know how practical this option is for the Malice. This hilt might be a bit to large to carry it around on your belt. Maybe someone else can answer this question for you. (I don't have a Malice, so I can't test it.)

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »

Looks good. But might want to change the blade to a normal midgrade. Most people agree that red looks better in Midgrade than in Ultraedge Midgrade.

Quick disconnect allows you to exchange the color of your saber. You just need to buy another MLS unit with a different color and you can easily switch between those colors. If you're not planning to use a different color in the future, you don't need Quick disconnect.

If you want to attach the hilt to your belt, you will need the covertec wheel and clip. I don't know how practical this option is for the Malice. This hilt might be a bit to large to carry it around on your belt. Maybe someone else can answer this question for you. (I don't have a Malice, so I can't test it.)

Excellent. I think that is all the information I need to build it to my specifications. Thank you very much everyone for the information! I wanted one of these things since I was 6 and now I am that much closer.

The Force shall free me.

Noriko
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »

I've just noticed something else. You have red as the blade color and as the Flash on Clash color. The Flash on Clash color must be different from the blade color. Otherwise there wouldn't be any effect at all.

Arctic Blue Shock LE
Emerald Green Dark Shock
Hot Pink Manticore Staff

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 05:21:45 PM »

I've just noticed something else. You have red as the blade color and as the Flash on Clash color. The Flash on Clash color must be different from the blade color. Otherwise there wouldn't be any effect at all.

Oh I will fix that right away. Thank you.

The Force shall free me.

Vendrell
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 06:39:13 PM »

Oh I will fix that right away. Thank you.

I think I will go with violet flash. Im trying to find a video on what it would look like but no luck so far.

The Force shall free me.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 06:44:42 PM »

I think I will go with violet flash. Im trying to find a video on what it would look like but no luck so far.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but VA (Violet) won't work with BR (Red) either. The colors that WILL work are: Green, Blue, Orange, Silver, Artic Blue and SRD (Teal).

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »

Trust me when I say this, you will not be using it for Halloween purposes only.  Smiley

You're going to buy one and then another one so that you can duel with your friends.
Besides, what's great about Ultrasaber products is that all of the saber blades are interchangeable.  So all of the hilts are battle-ready along with the blades, all you have to do is change the blades around.

I purchased my first Ultrasaber in October 2011.  I have since acquired 3 more.  They truly are, arguably, the best products on the market.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: