Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Guardian Emerald Obsidian v4  (Read 823 times)
Devvvo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 13, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »

Hi all,

Recently just purchased my first saber, arrived Monday and I have had it on pretty much ever since! So now the batteries are dead and as I live in England I had a question about that charger. Obviously the charger I was supplied with is the two pin US plug, can I just purchase a US to UK travel adaptor or is that unsafe? Do I need to get a converter? I don't really know what I am talking about so please bare with me!

Also, can I just use a couple of AA's in the mean time until I sort out an adaptor or will it not work or destroy my saber (which I do not want to do!!)

I have also screwed up, just ordered some 18650 Li-Ion batteries from Amazon has they are high capacity but I have just read that they will not work in the saber (too big)? Probably should have done some research before hand! Amazon should let me return them without hassle as they were bloody expensive! Just purchased some 14500's which should be the right ones? But unfortunately these will not arrive for a couple of days!

Also the Alan Key, I didn't buy one with my saber as i assume one of the 3 million ones i have at home would fit.... well guess what!? Need to go to a hardware store and pick one up, are you able to tell me what size it is?

Thank you!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 05:33:13 PM »

Take a look at the information displayed on your charger's plug.  It should have a line that starts with "INPUT:"  If what's listed next is a wide range of voltage, such as mine which says "100-240V~" you should be able to put a travel adapter on it and plug it in without fear.  It used to be that devices made for the US market would burn out if plugged into 220-240V outlets, such as you have in the UK, or we had when I was growing up in West Germany (which I learned at an early age with a fan I plugged in to help something I'd painted to dry), and you needed an electrical transformer, but most consumer electronics today have switching circuits in them to automatically handle a wide variety of voltages.

So, check what yours says, and if it's capable, plug it in and charge 'em up.

Devvvo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 05:59:41 PM »

Take a look at the information displayed on your charger's plug.  It should have a line that starts with "INPUT:"  If what's listed next is a wide range of voltage, such as mine which says "100-240V~" you should be able to put a travel adapter on it and plug it in without fear.  It used to be that devices made for the US market would burn out if plugged into 220-240V outlets, such as you have in the UK, or we had when I was growing up in West Germany (which I learned at an early age with a fan I plugged in to help something I'd painted to dry), and you needed an electrical transformer, but most consumer electronics today have switching circuits in them to automatically handle a wide variety of voltages.

So, check what yours says, and if it's capable, plug it in and charge 'em up.

Thanks for the quick response!

I have actually realised the battery charger they provide is one of those usb plugs so I can just use the plug for my iPhone charger and it seems to be charging them okay!!

I do have one concern though, which could be unfounded! I am just assuming it has run out of battery, the light started flickering before it eventually went out and the sound stopped, however, I have just removed the bottom to access the batteries and now it has turned on again. The light started flickering again and soon turned off but there is still sound coming out of the speaker? I can't have broken it as all I have done since I received it is just look at in a swing it around a bit. I didn't buy it for duelling I bought it just to look at and have on display and play around with a bit!

Thanks!

Devvvo
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 06:36:30 PM »

Forget the last question, I think it is deffo the battery as I have charged and tested and it's working fine. Just hooked it up to my laptop and made the blade red. Loving it!

Thanks!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: