Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288535 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #315 on: May 07, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »

Haim Saban is a cheapskate who makes George Lucas look good.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #316 on: May 07, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

I'm not really upset, just a bit agitated and down.

Right now my family keeps bothering me about everything I "do wrong". Especially since I just let out of college for the summer. Hell, three days after my finals I was being gripped at because I didn't have a Summer job yet. I'm also being constantly complained at for not having finished the extraneous  amounts of yardwork that I have to do all by myself. I shouldn't complain but I'm not exactly fond of working on four acres of property by myself since I'm the only one that can do it and I don't even get a "job well done" because of it. In fact, if something isn't done perfectly I get the scolding of a lifetime. I feel like a freakin' male version of Cinderella.

Aside from that, trying to get a Job is providing to be just as difficult as always. As soon as I mention being in college I get turned down because the local hiring forces here aren't looking for people who are students and who can't dedicate all of their time to a job. And I really need the money too. There are some things I'd like to buy for myself and pay for on my own instead of my family having something to hold against me as usual.

On another note, one of my best friends had recently gone missing. He was found, but somehow he ended up in New York City and was having an emotional breakdown, and apparently he needs psychological help now.

Just some things weighting on my mind.

Ugh, that sounds awful. Just remember, we're here if you need us.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #317 on: May 07, 2013, 07:12:16 PM »

My dog died this morning...

the whole family is not taking it well...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2013, 08:13:22 PM »

I can't imagine what that must feel like. I'm sorry Sad

In other news, my CIS class is completely useless. Currently, some guy is playing Minecraft on his laptop, another guy is watching videos on Facebook, a girl is watching MLP (no, I'm not kidding), and I'm on here, typing. Oh well, free credits I suppose....

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »

Oh....

Cry

I am so sorry to hear that. If there's anything we can do, let us know.

Light side points pl

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 141

only the force, nothing more, nothing less

« Reply #320 on: May 08, 2013, 12:13:26 AM »

its never easy losing a loved pet.. as most pets, are not pets.. they are a part of the family.. i know its going to kill me when my cat dies... im getting  lump in throat thinking about it.. your fellow saberites are here for you..

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #321 on: May 08, 2013, 02:40:42 AM »

I'm really sorry to hear that JEStucker.  Really, that breaks my heart just thinking about it.  Sad

All I know is JEStucker, from personal experience, the outdoors are going to feel a lot more lonely for a while.
You have my condolences.  Sad

I wrote a 23 page Signature Assignment paper for my teaching credential course on Multicultural Education.

After turning it in and asking my professor if she's pleased about the 23 pages she tells me she won't read all of it because it's too long.

This was confusing to me because on the rubric it clearly said a minimum of 5 pages.  The professor then tells me that was a typo and that it was supposed to be a maximum.

-TOTAL FLIP OUT COMMENCES AND I LOSE IT-
 Huh Huh Huh Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Professor tells me she doesn't like the tone of voice that I'm speaking to her [which was in a sarcastic yet annoyed tone, no rude language was used].  She says it's disrespectful to her culture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for multicultural education and making "culturally relevant pedagogy" by I absolutely despise it when people use their culture as a means to appropriate a situation.
Maybe I should have said that it was part of my culture to flip out like I did.

Ugh, I hope everything will be alright.  I literally did nothing else but work on that paper for an entire week, neglecting the 3-4 lesson plans that are due by this Thursday evening.

I don't usually lose it, but right now I am losing my mind on the amount of work and stress that is accumulating.  I'll get it done, no question about it, but it's going to be a very uncomfortable 48 hours, that's for sure...  Undecided Sad

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #322 on: May 08, 2013, 05:18:25 AM »

I'm not really upset, just a bit agitated and down.

Right now my family keeps bothering me about everything I "do wrong". Especially since I just let out of college for the summer. Hell, three days after my finals I was being gripped at because I didn't have a Summer job yet. I'm also being constantly complained at for not having finished the extraneous  amounts of yardwork that I have to do all by myself. I shouldn't complain but I'm not exactly fond of working on four acres of property by myself since I'm the only one that can do it and I don't even get a "job well done" because of it. In fact, if something isn't done perfectly I get the scolding of a lifetime. I feel like a freakin' male version of Cinderella.

I hate that. In fact, nothing earns my ire more than someone not saying something like "thank you," or "job well done," after I do something for them, or help them do something. In fact, when someone helps me out, I always make it a point to at least thank them for their effort, even if they don't do a good job.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

« Reply #323 on: May 08, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »

I wrote a 23 page Signature Assignment paper for my teaching credential course on Multicultural Education.

After turning it in and asking my professor if she's pleased about the 23 pages she tells me she won't read all of it because it's too long.

This was confusing to me because on the rubric it clearly said a minimum of 5 pages.  The professor then tells me that was a typo and that it was supposed to be a maximum.

-TOTAL FLIP OUT COMMENCES AND I LOSE IT-
 Huh Huh Huh Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Professor tells me she doesn't like the tone of voice that I'm speaking to her [which was in a sarcastic yet annoyed tone, no rude language was used].  She says it's disrespectful to her culture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for multicultural education and making "culturally relevant pedagogy" by I absolutely despise it when people use their culture as a means to appropriate a situation.
Maybe I should have said that it was part of my culture to flip out like I did.

Ugh, I hope everything will be alright.  I literally did nothing else but work on that paper for an entire week, neglecting the 3-4 lesson plans that are due by this Thursday evening.

I don't usually lose it, but right now I am losing my mind on the amount of work and stress that is accumulating.  I'll get it done, no question about it, but it's going to be a very uncomfortable 48 hours, that's for sure...  Undecided Sad

Seriously? She's just being stupid. I would drop that class if I were you. Angry

Light side points pl

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #324 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »

Seriously? She's just being stupid. I would drop that class if I were you. Angry

Hahaha, yeah right, drop the class and I fail out of my program.  Sad
All courses for the teaching credential must be passed with a grade no lower than a B.

She even sent me an email earlier today talking about how my "tone" will not be tolerated.

Again, this is the problem I have with multiculturalism.  One person's tone of voice is considered disrespectful to another person's ideal concept of culture but what if that tone of voice is representative of that person's culture?  Who is right?

Basically, it's like I can't argue against her or else she could just say I'm being prejudice against her cultural standards.

This is clearly a miscommunication between her and I, but I just don't understand why 20 page papers cannot be accepted?  I have a lot to talk about and a plethora of research to cover.  I mean, when I graduated as an undergrad I was literally "dogged" by my professors to crank out 20 page research papers because that was apparently the "Standard" and was accepted and rewarded on a professional level.  To top it off, the professors at both the undergrad and teaching credential course level would have us read 20 page documents written by them and other professionals.

So why is my 20 page paper considered "less than" other 20 page papers?  Because it's not published or didn't earn some prize?

Ugh, just 1 more week... 1 more week.
/Frustrated.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »

well, cant find a AAA battery "housing" unit anywhere on the net.. looks like im gonna have to create one.. not happy at all... cant find it on the net... and very much wasted most of the day searching for this item... like the AA pack holder that comes wit the obsidian sound setup... i just need a x1 AAA holder ... but there are none online... and it seems that they dont exist at all.. so im gonna have to cut up something.. to makeshift one ... >.>... tv remote.. no.... stereo remote... no...... -.-... crap.... this is gonn drive me insane looking for a AAA holster for my project....

CURES YOU BATTERY GODS!!!!!  CURES YOU!!!!!!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2013, 12:25:15 AM »

well, cant find a AAA battery "housing" unit anywhere on the net.. looks like im gonna have to create one.. not happy at all... cant find it on the net... and very much wasted most of the day searching for this item... like the AA pack holder that comes wit the obsidian sound setup... i just need a x1 AAA holder ... but there are none online... and it seems that they dont exist at all.. so im gonna have to cut up something.. to makeshift one ... >.>... tv remote.. no.... stereo remote... no...... -.-... crap.... this is gonn drive me insane looking for a AAA holster for my project....

CURES YOU BATTERY GODS!!!!!  CURES YOU!!!!!!

Know anyone with a 3D Printer?  I needed some oddball things from time to time and a buddy has access to a 3D printer, it's been a godsend to just make what you need.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Genkaku Sho`shyk
Knight Commander

« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »

Know anyone with a 3D Printer?  I needed some oddball things from time to time and a buddy has access to a 3D printer, it's been a godsend to just make what you need.

-.-.... **big sigh** nope, dont know anyone with a 3d printer, but it cant be that hard to find a battery "holster for a AA li-ion... worst case, ill just have to krazy glue and screw holes into some plastic to fabricate the darn thing... well, guess ill be hitting lowes tomorrow then... man. sooo close to having an initiate v2 with sound!!!!

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2013, 02:35:11 AM »

Resurrecting this thread to... well, vent.

I was informed today that my aunt is hosting a memorial dinner for my father tomorrow (it's been quite some time now since he passed, so it's a little odd to begin with).

Tomorrow.

Then she went into great detail about how I wasn't initially going to be invited because apparently I was a terrible daughter and he wouldn't have wanted me there, but she was a saint and decided to invite me.

Then she totally lost the pretense of saintliness and started hurling random insults at my mother (who she never knew) and very personal insults at me (how the hell she knows so much... private... information about me is beyond my understanding), so I chucked the phone out the window. I hate phones.

Now, the reason for the animosity towards me is obvious - my father's will reflected his view of the rest of the family (they got almost nothing). They're all wealthy as it is, so it's not like he left them in a ditch or anything. They're just greedy, selfish dolts.

I'm so angry that I'm strangely calm, although I have enough common sense left to not show up tomorrow (if there's even an actual dinner).

I do have the terrible urge to rearrange her face, though. It's like everything, including my own brain, is conspiring to put me in a straightjacket by the end of the week.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2013, 02:45:33 AM »

That sucks! I've dealt with a lot of stuff, but nothing sucks as much as family issues. These people are supposed to be your safe haven, the people who love and have your back no matter what. When your family is the one who is the poisonous thorn in your side, it's such a bummer.

I'm really sorry that you're going through this, I hope that things get better with time.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: