Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288460 times)
eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2013, 06:17:21 PM »

I tend to be that way, but when it's family it's really hard to ignore Undecided Especially now that she's made it personal... Normally family business is really business-like and cold, but she's made it into a personal vendetta against everything I am and everything I have ever done, which is a first.

My obstacle were my parents also, and it was hard to change my mindset because I cared so much. In fact, I'd fill in the verbal abuse that she missed - I helped her! I still care a great deal, but I've recognized that nothing she can ever say will have that same impact again. For the same reasons that I love and care about her, I will never again take her negativity to heart. I had to see a professional to help me see this, and it was the best thing I could have ever done.

Stick with the allies that are present with you, however begrudgingly on your side they might be. Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »

I had to deal with a pretty messed up situation when I told my parents I was getting married. They flipped out, and the entire engagement/first 2 years of marriage were hell because of my parents. During the engagement we pretty much yelled at each other on the phone daily. There were some pretty gnarly fights. There were times when my mother would be laying into me and I would just set the phone down and walk away. Then I'd come back a minute or two later, and she'd still be ranting. She didn't even realize I'd set the phone down lol.

At one point, my Father-in-law, had a talk with me that really helped. Basically he just told me to stay calm, don't engage in their pointless yelling battles, and they wouldn't have anything to say.

I implemented that the very next conversation I had with my father, and it blew them away. They were angry, and I could tell they were angry that I wasn't participating in the fight.

It's taken years for our families to move past this, and I hope someday your family will move past it too.

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

Speaking from personal experience, it's absolutely hysterical to watch someone go apes**t when they try and fail to get a rise out of you.

You get plenty of hugs from us, dear.

Well yes, but those are virtual hugs. I'll go tackle Luna at some point.

Well, petty revenge and physical violence won't really help matters, and will likely get you tossed into jail.

I was mostly joking, but I was referring to the possibility of her actually starting a physical fight, not just knocking her lights out randomly (although that would be fun) Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_blOQEu9ws#

This is why I love my Otterbox Defender case...

I feel bad for having never seen the show before... Is there anywhere I can watch it online?

Also, I can never get a case because it would make destroying my phones pointlessly difficult Wink

I'm off to decide on/buy my attire for the dinner, I'll read the other posts when I'm back. Thanks for all your help, guys and gals Smiley

Tanq
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 98

Knight of Hearts

« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2013, 07:01:08 PM »

Good luck!

Hopefully, we won't be seeing something about a 5'11" girl getting arrested for assaulting an older relative with a chicken leg on the evening news.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »

I would hope she would use her lightsaber.  Grin She is the Sword of the Jedi after all.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about all your family troubles SotJ Sad hope the dinner goes well. Let me know igf you need anything.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2013, 01:03:16 AM »

Holy flurking schnit (to quote Kang and Kodos) - I could really use some more folks on my team at work.

Working like crazy, and can't get it all done, and work wants to add more to our plates.

Exhausted.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2013, 01:49:13 AM »

Oh an even better one... It's 5:00 and I'm getting ready to head out for the day when one of my coworkers stops me.

Him: "Hey, Patrick? I was wondering if I can get you to help me finish these drawings. They gotta be done by the morning. Can you help me out?"

Keep in mind that he's been working on these for two days and has gotten six drawings done.

Me: "Sure thing. How many drawings are there in total?"

Him: "Forty."

At this point I sigh, sit down, and boot my computer back up.

Worst thing? He finishes up the drawing he was working on AND LEAVES FOR THE NIGHT!

I have to pick up the slack on what has to be done. It's a quarter to nine and I'm STILL here at work.

I'm not gonna do more than ten drawings, because I've no idea what the others consist of.

He'll probably be pissed in the morning, but oh well... that's what you get for abandoning your duties and pawning it all off on someone else. I will be sure that the bosses know what happened too. I am NOT taking the blame for this. Period.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2013, 02:43:54 AM »

Oh an even better one... It's 5:00 and I'm getting ready to head out for the day when one of my coworkers stops me.

Him: "Hey, Patrick? I was wondering if I can get you to help me finish these drawings. They gotta be done by the morning. Can you help me out?"

Keep in mind that he's been working on these for two days and has gotten six drawings done.

Me: "Sure thing. How many drawings are there in total?"

Him: "Forty."

At this point I sigh, sit down, and boot my computer back up.

Worst thing? He finishes up the drawing he was working on AND LEAVES FOR THE NIGHT!

I have to pick up the slack on what has to be done. It's a quarter to nine and I'm STILL here at work.

I'm not gonna do more than ten drawings, because I've no idea what the others consist of.

He'll probably be pissed in the morning, but oh well... that's what you get for abandoning your duties and pawning it all off on someone else. I will be sure that the bosses know what happened too. I am NOT taking the blame for this. Period.

Sucks to suck for your co-worker.

The fact that you got more done in a few hours than he did in two days says loads.

Can you do the other drawings as stick figures?

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2013, 02:45:28 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about all your family troubles SotJ Sad hope the dinner goes well. Let me know igf you need anything.

Thanks, I appreciate your support Smiley The dinner wasn't that bad, so that's a huge relief.

Good luck!

Hopefully, we won't be seeing something about a 5'11" girl getting arrested for assaulting an older relative with a chicken leg on the evening news.
I would hope she would use her lightsaber.  Grin She is the Sword of the Jedi after all.

Fortunately, none of that happened.

My aunt was only there briefly for whatever reason, and she avoided me surprisingly well. Her husband (yes, he's my uncle, but I'd like to forget about that) was also absent, so everything was confusing and everyone left pretty quickly. I ended up going out to eat with some younger relatives of mine who I hardly even knew existed. They aren't half bad, but their parents are some of the worst of the bunch.

So thanks for all the advice and support ladies and gentlemen, but it turned out far better than expected Cool

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »

Sucks to suck for your co-worker.

The fact that you got more done in a few hours than he did in two days says loads.

Can you do the other drawings as stick figures?

Ummm... technical drawings. Y'know, electrical schematics and the like.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »

Ummm... technical drawings. Y'know, electrical schematics and the like.

It took him two days to do six of them? I remember school when we'd have the schematics drawn, have it done in a breadboard, then actually build it. We did 2-3 of THOSE a day. It must be nice to only have to draw out 40 schematics. That could easily be done in two days, Your co-worker sounds like a lazy jackass.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #357 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:52 AM »

It took him two days to do six of them? I remember school when we'd have the schematics drawn, have it done in a breadboard, then actually build it. We did 2-3 of THOSE a day. It must be nice to only have to draw out 40 schematics. That could easily be done in two days, Your co-worker sounds like a lazy jackass.

Oh he is, though he does get a pass from me based on the fact that his mother just passed (as in a week ago)...

Anytime I ask him a question (I'm not 100% on drawing up schematics), he takes the circuitous route including all theory behind why something is the way it is, and he often makes mistakes, and he can't really explain things very well. In short, a question that should take no more than two minutes to answer winds up taking 30 minutes or longer. I usually just wind up interrupting him by saying "Look, I don't need a full rundown of the damned thing from start to finish, nor do I need a lesson in electrical theory, especially when we're on a rapidly approaching deadline that you can't hit on your own. All I need is either a listing of terminals on this piece of equipment, or the part number so I can look it up myself."

Of course, when I am asking questions (specifically when I'm challenging him (he may have the knowledge of what needs to go where, but I have the knowledge of how to make it happen in AutoCAD Electrical)), he tends to fall into the rhetoric of "I don't have time to answer your question right now."

My response is usually "Well, you'd better make time, otherwise your drawings aren't gonna get done, and I'm not taking the blame for it."

Simply put, he knows a lot about what we do, but thinks he's way smarter than he is when it comes to putting it down in AutoCAD.

Another thing he asked me today was how we could show a power distribution block that has a three phase input and six outputs per phase. I told him that he'd have to create the block independently, as none of the PDB blocks that came with AutoCAD Electrical reflect this 3 in/18 out capability. His response was "Oh no, there's gotta be a way to do it with what we have! We shouldn't have to create a new block for this!"

Damnit, this is what I went to college for! Don't you DARE insinuate that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about!

Of course, the solution that he drew up isn't electrically sound, and an audit of the drawings proves this.

Am I gonna change it? Hell no. Let the failure rest upon his shoulder. When he starts complaining about how he can't get the drawing to work right, I'll tell him flat out "You should have listened to me. But no, you didn't want to take twenty minutes to create a new block, and because of that, you're gonna have to take that twenty minutes now, in addition to the hours spent fixing the drawings to put the right block in. Congratulations, you just cost the company more manhours of work because you refused to listen."

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2013, 04:41:34 AM »

So thanks for all the advice and support ladies and gentlemen, but it turned out far better than expected Cool

My other cat is happy to hear that.  Grin

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2013, 05:07:25 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate your support Smiley The dinner wasn't that bad, so that's a huge relief.

Fortunately, none of that happened.

My aunt was only there briefly for whatever reason, and she avoided me surprisingly well. Her husband (yes, he's my uncle, but I'd like to forget about that) was also absent, so everything was confusing and everyone left pretty quickly. I ended up going out to eat with some younger relatives of mine who I hardly even knew existed. They aren't half bad, but their parents are some of the worst of the bunch.

Yay! so happy for you Grin *hugs*

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: