Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288535 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #360 on: June 14, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »

Yay! so happy for you Grin *hugs*

I second this! Hugs!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #361 on: June 14, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Oh he is, though he does get a pass from me based on the fact that his mother just passed (as in a week ago)...

Anytime I ask him a question (I'm not 100% on drawing up schematics), he takes the circuitous route including all theory behind why something is the way it is, and he often makes mistakes, and he can't really explain things very well. In short, a question that should take no more than two minutes to answer winds up taking 30 minutes or longer. I usually just wind up interrupting him by saying "Look, I don't need a full rundown of the damned thing from start to finish, nor do I need a lesson in electrical theory, especially when we're on a rapidly approaching deadline that you can't hit on your own. All I need is either a listing of terminals on this piece of equipment, or the part number so I can look it up myself."

Of course, when I am asking questions (specifically when I'm challenging him (he may have the knowledge of what needs to go where, but I have the knowledge of how to make it happen in AutoCAD Electrical)), he tends to fall into the rhetoric of "I don't have time to answer your question right now."

My response is usually "Well, you'd better make time, otherwise your drawings aren't gonna get done, and I'm not taking the blame for it."

Simply put, he knows a lot about what we do, but thinks he's way smarter than he is when it comes to putting it down in AutoCAD.

Another thing he asked me today was how we could show a power distribution block that has a three phase input and six outputs per phase. I told him that he'd have to create the block independently, as none of the PDB blocks that came with AutoCAD Electrical reflect this 3 in/18 out capability. His response was "Oh no, there's gotta be a way to do it with what we have! We shouldn't have to create a new block for this!"

Damnit, this is what I went to college for! Don't you DARE insinuate that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about!

Of course, the solution that he drew up isn't electrically sound, and an audit of the drawings proves this.

Am I gonna change it? Hell no. Let the failure rest upon his shoulder. When he starts complaining about how he can't get the drawing to work right, I'll tell him flat out "You should have listened to me. But no, you didn't want to take twenty minutes to create a new block, and because of that, you're gonna have to take that twenty minutes now, in addition to the hours spent fixing the drawings to put the right block in. Congratulations, you just cost the company more manhours of work because you refused to listen."

Well it must be nice to be able to get through life with the IQ of a potato. Just let him take the heat for his failures. He'll learn quick, and if not, he should be out of a job. I don't want to insult you, and I'm sure it's a lot harder than it seems. But from what I know about it (I'd be able to just sneak by) it doesn't seem like that hard of a job to do. Especially if there is the option for team effort. If you don't know how to do something, and you ask for help... If he doubted you he should have at least tried to look it up before royally effing up. Schematics are NOT that hard, be it anywhere from a simple electrical job to a data processing center and anywhere in between. I've done both and worked on both hands on and everything there is in between. As boring as it is to me, it's a lot easier drawing stuff out than building it. I'm assuming it's on a computer? We had to draw everything with a pen and ruler.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #362 on: June 15, 2013, 05:32:15 AM »

I've come to the conclusion that no one at work wants to discuss anything, no matter how important, ever. "Now's not the time." Well it never seems to be the time. No wonder the store is such a mess(physically, as well as in other ways).

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #363 on: June 15, 2013, 08:38:12 PM »

I got a D in all of my classes.

What. The. Fudge.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #364 on: June 15, 2013, 11:22:22 PM »

I got a D in all of my classes.

What. The. Fudge.

Always look at it this way... you passed!

What do you call a straight D student from Medical School... Doctor of course.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:26 AM »

I wish we would get some more guys working regularly at my work, atm half the week we have four women on and no guys, and I work in an automotive parts and accessories store. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for women in workplaces that are traditionally male dominated etc, but customer will often expect there to be guys working in auto parts store. That, and in general we women aren't as strong as guys. I'm one of the stronger gals there, which isn't saying much since I've lost a lot of my strength from my Taekwondo days and atm I can't do heavy lifting coz of my ankle. The other three regulars are fairly small or not particularly strong. And lets face it, things like air compressors, roll cabinets and engine cranes can get pretty damned heavy and if the gals keep insisting on man handling items far too heavy for them (the boss keeps doing this, she gets pretty uppity about being as strong and tough and capable as guys when shes not and she won't listen when I say she shouldn't lift those things on her own) someone's gonna get hurt.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:48 AM »

I had someone ask me a few questions today. This person has known me for a while, and I don't mind when this happens, I just notice this happens to me all the time.

A bit of a background, I'm an extrovert, and that is putting it mildly. I meet people easy, but to this day. Aside from my wife and son, I really don't feel connected to anyone in my life. I give a lot of myself to people, I'm always a listening ear, and I love to give compliments, and I try to genuinely be there for people.

This person asked me a few questions and quickly realized she still knows nothing about me. Never bothered to ask me anything. What it translates to is this, there are a lot of people I can tell you a lot about, and a lot of people who would say they know me, but I would say there's only a handful of people who actually ever cared to try to understand me, or legitimately cared about me. I feel like I must be really un likable.

90% of the time, I'm so upbeat it doesn't matter to me. I've come to the conclusion that I will never make many emotional connections in this life. It just sort of got to me today.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »

I had someone ask me a few questions today. This person has known me for a while, and I don't mind when this happens, I just notice this happens to me all the time.

A bit of a background, I'm an extrovert, and that is putting it mildly. I meet people easy, but to this day. Aside from my wife and son, I really don't feel connected to anyone in my life. I give a lot of myself to people, I'm always a listening ear, and I love to give compliments, and I try to genuinely be there for people.

This person asked me a few questions and quickly realized she still knows nothing about me. Never bothered to ask me anything. What it translates to is this, there are a lot of people I can tell you a lot about, and a lot of people who would say they know me, but I would say there's only a handful of people who actually ever cared to try to understand me, or legitimately cared about me. I feel like I must be really un likable.

90% of the time, I'm so upbeat it doesn't matter to me. I've come to the conclusion that I will never make many emotional connections in this life. It just sort of got to me today.

hugs. At least there are some in your life you have that emotional connection with

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »

Feel free to shoot me a message on Facebook or here, LC.  I have held people's deepest and darkest secrets for years, sometimes to my own job loss as a result.  Family is great but sometimes you need someone who is willing to listen and not judge you.  Nothing is wrong with carrying that heavy pack  because you know you can do it, but sometimes it is nice to have someone who is willing to help when needed. '

Now for my vent:

I was very happy to post on Facebook alerting the idiots in my neighborhood that they should not be expecting assistance from me in the tracking down of the person(s) that are currently breaking into houses.  Two years ago, I tried to alert my neighborhood that I chased off an intruder that tried to use his "federal employee" status as a postal worker as a validation for breaking into my house to retrieve a letter he had left here.  I was thrown off my neighborhood enforcement committee and only a handful of them will speak to me until they started having break ins. 

When a person (like myself) has taken the time to help you, be thankful.  Calling someone paranoid, crazy, dramatic and such does not motivate a helper to be more helpful but less helpful.  I make it a point to never look down on someone, especially someone willing to help me.  I don't have the "coolest" friends, but I do have the most helpful friends.  I'll take loyalty over cool any day of the week. 

Vent over.

Have a great day and happy sabering.

PS @ Blondeange1:  Whether you pee standing or sitting, I greatly assume that those working in an auto parts store know cars or they would not continue to work there.  Team lifting is something everyone should practice and it does not signal you are weak, just smart.  Have a great day.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »

Sadly you don't need to know anything about cars to get into a very retail based auto parts store like where I work- all you need is the retail skills, and a slight interest in cars. Though I've seen some ppl come through and you think now are you just working here coz you think it'll sound cool to say you work in an auto parts shop?! You don't even know what a wiper blade is! Least I have a little practical knowledge, I've worked on cars and even done an engine swap, and my other half is a mechanic so thats helped me improve my car knowledge and I help him work on our car (though since he is the mech and knows what he's doing I supervise and do the little jobs mainly these days Tongue). Personally I can't see why you'd work in an auto parts store and not have some interest and knowledge on cars, it'd be like me working in a shoe or clothes store Undecided

and I agree- I'll always prefer to ask someone else for help with heavy or awkward lifting, rather than risk injuring myself to try and prove a point, its just not worth it.

and stupid postie  Angry thankfully my current neighborhood is nice, our neighbors went up and down the street warning about multiple break ins that happened a couple weeks ago, and then our local gov sent out info about preventing burglary etc. It was good to see awareness raising action taking place so quickly

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »

hugs. At least there are some in your life you have that emotional connection with

Thank you! I feel much better today, but like I said, some days it get's very annoying.

Feel free to shoot me a message on Facebook or here, LC.  I have held people's deepest and darkest secrets for years, sometimes to my own job loss as a result.  Family is great but sometimes you need someone who is willing to listen and not judge you.  Nothing is wrong with carrying that heavy pack  because you know you can do it, but sometimes it is nice to have someone who is willing to help when needed. '

Now for my vent:

I was very happy to post on Facebook alerting the idiots in my neighborhood that they should not be expecting assistance from me in the tracking down of the person(s) that are currently breaking into houses.  Two years ago, I tried to alert my neighborhood that I chased off an intruder that tried to use his "federal employee" status as a postal worker as a validation for breaking into my house to retrieve a letter he had left here.  I was thrown off my neighborhood enforcement committee and only a handful of them will speak to me until they started having break ins. 

When a person (like myself) has taken the time to help you, be thankful.  Calling someone paranoid, crazy, dramatic and such does not motivate a helper to be more helpful but less helpful.  I make it a point to never look down on someone, especially someone willing to help me.  I don't have the "coolest" friends, but I do have the most helpful friends.  I'll take loyalty over cool any day of the week. 

Vent over.

Have a great day and happy sabering.

PS @ Blondeange1:  Whether you pee standing or sitting, I greatly assume that those working in an auto parts store know cars or they would not continue to work there.  Team lifting is something everyone should practice and it does not signal you are weak, just smart.  Have a great day.

Thanks! I really don't have any dark secrets per say, I just have a lot that I don't readily volunteer to people, until they want to know something about me.

For instance, I was adopted at the age of 4 because my mother was a drunk, and an addict. She wrecked with me in the car because she was drinking and driving. I don't have a problem talking about it, I just don't blast it to the universe either. It seems like people are usually too busy talking about themselves to ever bother to learn anything about who they're talking to. It's totally understandable, and I'm sure I'm guilty of it at times too.

and I saw that on Facebook! Ah sweet vindication! Lol, seriously I don't understand what people's problems are with listening to someone. If you have no prior situations of paranoia, then when you do actually speak up about something maybe people should pay attention.

Sadly you don't need to know anything about cars to get into a very retail based auto parts store like where I work- all you need is the retail skills, and a slight interest in cars. Though I've seen some ppl come through and you think now are you just working here coz you think it'll sound cool to say you work in an auto parts shop?! You don't even know what a wiper blade is! Least I have a little practical knowledge, I've worked on cars and even done an engine swap, and my other half is a mechanic so thats helped me improve my car knowledge and I help him work on our car (though since he is the mech and knows what he's doing I supervise and do the little jobs mainly these days Tongue). Personally I can't see why you'd work in an auto parts store and not have some interest and knowledge on cars, it'd be like me working in a shoe or clothes store Undecided

and I agree- I'll always prefer to ask someone else for help with heavy or awkward lifting, rather than risk injuring myself to try and prove a point, its just not worth it.

and stupid postie  Angry thankfully my current neighborhood is nice, our neighbors went up and down the street warning about multiple break ins that happened a couple weeks ago, and then our local gov sent out info about preventing burglary etc. It was good to see awareness raising action taking place so quickly

I'm sorry about your situation, and I'm sure you have to deal with guys not wanting to ask you automotive questions because you're a woman, which is also frustrating. Pshh, I don't care who's in the store, I always need help lol! I'm the idiot that tries to lift everything on my own, so good on you for getting help!

SOTJ
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 156

Serenity, the way of the Jedi is serenity.

« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:32 AM »

As some of you may remember, I mentioned my aunt possessing very private information about me.

I did a little thinking, and the solution was simple enough... she contacted one of my exes (the only person who would've known all of that) and somehow got the information from him. It's not like our relationship ended on good terms (he tried something stupid and I defended myself appropriately), so I doubt she had to do much convincing.

It's not exactly comforting, but it's good to know exactly how far she would go to insult me Roll Eyes

On another note, I may be admitting myself to a hospital at some point in the next few days. I'm not eating or sleeping and I appear to be suffering from psychotic depression.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2013, 04:43:40 AM »

As some of you may remember, I mentioned my aunt possessing very private information about me.

I did a little thinking, and the solution was simple enough... she contacted one of my exes (the only person who would've known all of that) and somehow got the information from him. It's not like our relationship ended on good terms (he tried something stupid and I defended myself appropriately), so I doubt she had to do much convincing.

It's not exactly comforting, but it's good to know exactly how far she would go to insult me Roll Eyes

On another note, I may be admitting myself to a hospital at some point in the next few days. I'm not eating or sleeping and I appear to be suffering from psychotic depression.

I'm sorry to hear that! I really hope you feel better soon. I don't know what to say other than you are in my thoughts and prayers.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2013, 05:36:29 AM »

I'm sorry about your situation, and I'm sure you have to deal with guys not wanting to ask you automotive questions because you're a woman, which is also frustrating. Pshh, I don't care who's in the store, I always need help lol! I'm the idiot that tries to lift everything on my own, so good on you for getting help!
yer we do, and women can actually be as bad- one time I had a lady ask me to get one of the GUYS (she emphasised guys quite a bit) to fit her wiper blades for her, I was available to fit them so after I put the sale through I walked around the counter with the wipers and side cutters and she looked at me surprised and all haughty and said "oh, I was expecting one of the GUYS to do it for me" I just shrugged and said "I can do it". after I fitted her wipers quickly and efficiently, she started going on about how wonderful it was a woman could do a mans job. its not worth getting in an argument about. its annoying yes, id prefer you judge me on my knowledge and abilities, and if you still find me lacking, then that's fine. but don't instantly dismiss me coz im female. but as I said, its not worth getting in an argument about. the other girls get so up in arms anytime people make comments like that, they get all defensive and aggressive about it, but its not worth it! get in an argument with a customer, and you aren't solving anything.- one time I let rip at one of my management staff (after the customer left) when they were new coz a customer made a slightly sexist comment, and she started accusing the customer of being sexist and rude. and then she told the guy the wrong thing, I had to try and correct her, partly proving the customers comment right  Roll Eyes I then had to deal with the customer and calm him down saying it was an honest mistake she was new, thankfully he was very polite to me coz the entire time id been dealing with him id been polite and gone out of my way to try and help him.
politely respond to such sexist comments with something non committal, give them good customer service, and they might change their minds about women working in automotive. though the funniest is always when guys come in, ask me a question, they clearly aren't happy with my answer, so they go hunt down one of the guys who are working who either give the exact same answer or better yet send the customer back to me coz for the most part im the most experienced and knowledgable person at my store  Cool we have a lot of middle eastern, Asian and African customers and I mean absolutely no disrespect, but I get the impression their different customs mean that they sometimes automatically dismiss advice given by us females when it comes to cars (im not trying to break forum rules, and by no means trying to insult anyone and I could be very wrong, this is just my impression working behind the counter, they have different customs and ways of life and I respect that). ive also had some of these customers (and plenty of Caucasian customers too, its by no means limited) make very sexist or racist comments (one guy accused me of being racist coz I wouldn't do something to help him coz he was middle eastern. he refused to listen as I tried to politely explain that we don't offer that service, and continued to insult me. that peeved me off quite a bit!). but ive also had some of those customers choose to talk to me over some of the other girls, coz ive not gotten all defensive and talked back and been rude back to the customer, rather ive just done my job- given as good customer service as I can- which means asking others and finding out more info if I need to. or sending the customer to the competition if they have something we don't. customers tend to come back if you give them good customer service
imo, its far more satisfying to smile sweetly, help the customer, see their reaction when they realise that yes I can help them, then wish them a nice day while they are trying their hardest to be unpleasant. and then have the fool come back another time and be much more polite coz they need help with something else.

and sotj, hope you can get everything sorted out! my thoughts are with you!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2013, 02:18:43 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think that could be grounds for legal action.

I am very sorry to hear about your problems and I will be keeping you in my prayers. Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: