Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288447 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #570 on: August 14, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »

I'm not gonna say I don't get annoyed stuck behind a moped or car doing well under the speed limit, coz I do. They are a damn pain sometimes, particularly in busy traffic, and sadly my experience with them is that they themselves don't do a good job following road rules or doing things right by other drivers. Same with bicycle riders on the road. but I get that sometimes people can't afford to drive something bigger/ faster, or don't want to. And annoyed or not you gotta still obey the road rules and in general be courteous- give them enough room when going around them, indicate properly etc.
and the speed limit is the speed limit. Authorities don't just put a 50 sign there to peeve everyone off (though sometimes it seems like it). If it says 50, and you are doing 55, you are breaking the speed limit, and the law. Simple. At the same time I appreciate it when ppl are doing the speed limit (or very close to it) it makes traffic run much more smoothly.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #571 on: August 14, 2013, 07:16:17 AM »

Some times I wish I could just sneak out of the house at night, when my parents are asleep, and just run far away. Run to a new life. Not because I hate my parents, but because I hate me. I'm such a lazy, whiny brat. Earlier today I got into a huge fight with my dad over some really petty stuff, and earlier, we had a total miscommunication issue going on, and since I have anger issues, I ended up smashing something. Nothing broke though, but what really got to me was the fact that my dad still wasn't angry with me. Even after everything that happened today, he still showed me love. Yeah, he was upset, but he wasn't absolutely livid or anything.

And at the end of the day, I realized that I'm the one with the issues here. I'm the one that keeps starting fights over nothing. And at the same time, what my dad said to me earlier today was completely correct. I don't do anything but stay in my room all day, every day. I don't contribute to anything. I obsess over things, find ludicrous ways to hate everything that's good in my life, and make plans for my future, but never bother to follow through on any of them. In short, I'm wasting my life away, and for what? You guys might as well call me the Eighteen Year Old Hermit. Living in seclusion in my own freaking bedroom.

I just want to run away from this life and start over. Hit some magical reset button and be someone else for a change. I'm not worth any amount of love or support because I'm never going to change. Only I can change myself, none of you can. And at this rate, I doubt I can either. And yeah, I know, I'm such a hypocrite. Telling Arkanus to stop beating himself up in Lucien's thread, and here I am, whining about how much my life supposedly sucks when there are people out there that don't even have a roof over their head, or food on their plate.

Ugh....

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #572 on: August 14, 2013, 08:00:47 AM »

Some times I wish I could just sneak out of the house at night, when my parents are asleep, and just run far away. Run to a new life. Not because I hate my parents, but because I hate me. I'm such a lazy, whiny brat. Earlier today I got into a huge fight with my dad over some really petty stuff, and earlier, we had a total miscommunication issue going on, and since I have anger issues, I ended up smashing something. Nothing broke though, but what really got to me was the fact that my dad still wasn't angry with me. Even after everything that happened today, he still showed me love. Yeah, he was upset, but he wasn't absolutely livid or anything.

And at the end of the day, I realized that I'm the one with the issues here. I'm the one that keeps starting fights over nothing. And at the same time, what my dad said to me earlier today was completely correct. I don't do anything but stay in my room all day, every day. I don't contribute to anything. I obsess over things, find ludicrous ways to hate everything that's good in my life, and make plans for my future, but never bother to follow through on any of them. In short, I'm wasting my life away, and for what? You guys might as well call me the Eighteen Year Old Hermit. Living in seclusion in my own freaking bedroom.

I just want to run away from this life and start over. Hit some magical reset button and be someone else for a change. I'm not worth any amount of love or support because I'm never going to change. Only I can change myself, none of you can. And at this rate, I doubt I can either. And yeah, I know, I'm such a hypocrite. Telling Arkanus to stop beating himself up in Lucien's thread, and here I am, whining about how much my life supposedly sucks when there are people out there that don't even have a roof over their head, or food on their plate.

Ugh....

Then stop complaining and do something about it.  Hit that reset button by picking a new career or going back to a career you had given up on.  Daydreaming about it and complaining about it doesn't accomplish a damn thing, you have to work at it.  You said you are a lazy whiny brat, so stop being a lazy whiny brat and get off your butt and do something. 

I was a theater major in college and I was good at it, but I stopped and worked in various medicore income jobs for eight years until I decided to try again because I didn't want to be broke forever.  So I tried out at a professional theater that only does auditions once a year just a few days ago.  And you know what, I'm pretty sure I blew it and it's my own fault, I didn't practice enough and I let my nerves get the better of me.  You know what I'm going to do?  I'm going to try doing some community theater around home to get some practice and I'm going to try out at that theater again next year. 

I've been through a lot of crap in my life, a lot of it.  I've lost a lot things and been screwed over by people I trusted, but some of it was my own fault.  I pick up the pieces and look on the bright side, I woke up this morning and that's a pretty good start for the day, some people weren't that lucky.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #573 on: August 14, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »

Then stop complaining and do something about it.  Hit that reset button by picking a new career or going back to a career you had given up on.  Daydreaming about it and complaining about it doesn't accomplish a damn thing, you have to work at it.  You said you are a lazy whiny brat, so stop being a lazy whiny brat and get off your butt and do something. 

I was a theater major in college and I was good at it, but I stopped and worked in various medicore income jobs for eight years until I decided to try again because I didn't want to be broke forever.  So I tried out at a professional theater that only does auditions once a year just a few days ago.  And you know what, I'm pretty sure I blew it and it's my own fault, I didn't practice enough and I let my nerves get the better of me.  You know what I'm going to do?  I'm going to try doing some community theater around home to get some practice and I'm going to try out at that theater again next year. 

I've been through a lot of crap in my life, a lot of it.  I've lost a lot things and been screwed over by people I trusted, but some of it was my own fault.  I pick up the pieces and look on the bright side, I woke up this morning and that's a pretty good start for the day, some people weren't that lucky.

Yeah, I know. I'm in college right now, and am working towards a degree. So in a way I am trying to accomplish something, but at the same time, it feels like I'm just going through the motions. Like, it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything important, even though it is. And honestly, if it wasn't for my parents pushing me, I doubt I would even still be in college.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #574 on: August 14, 2013, 09:30:08 AM »

Yeah, I know. I'm in college right now, and am working towards a degree. So in a way I am trying to accomplish something, but at the same time, it feels like I'm just going through the motions. Like, it doesn't feel like I'm doing anything important, even though it is. And honestly, if it wasn't for my parents pushing me, I doubt I would even still be in college.

You need to find what motivates you.  You might not be happy with the college career you have chosen, maybe you should consider a different path.  Think about a job you would enjoy doing and try for that.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #575 on: August 14, 2013, 12:13:38 PM »

sometimes being stuck in uni/ college sucks, you are putting all this time and effort in and yet you are still stuck in a mediocre job and feel like you are getting nowhere, getting no closer to getting that degree- believe me I know, I was at uni for 8 years (3 years full time, attempted first semester 4th year but just burnt out, took a couple years break then finished off my final year part time... and I did an extra two units so that was an extra semester). right now im still stuck in that rutt- ive finally gotten my degree but no closer to a job- any jobs I find want x number of years experience, even the lower end jobs. and rolling my ankle again put my job hunting on hold as well- my degree is environmental science, a lot of those jobs are in the field and if you cant walk, you cant do your job. a lot of volunteer work is in the field too.

but in the end its just me preventing myself from getting out there and getting a job- if I keep looking, and if im determined enough ill find something, ill even find volunteer work thatll suit, I just gotta get off my lazy butt and stop procrastinating. at the moment im applying for a grad position- not my dream job but hey, dream job can come later once ive got experience behind me and I can afford to be more choosey. and who knows, I might find my calling there! I might get the job, I might not- but i wont know unless I try.

only you can change your life. at least you can face the fact its at least partly you that's responsible and you aren't just blaming everyone else. so get out there, find a club or an activity that interests you. do some exercise! its amazing how finding something active you enjoy, particularly with a club or other people, will change your whole outlook and make you feel better about yourself.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #576 on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:45 PM »

Those of us who have been 18 and can look back, most of us had these moments of indecision...and to be truthful these moments pop up throughout life for various reasons...new job coming up, old job winding down, family strife, personal strife, relationships both good and bad, etc.

Without having all the details of what is going on in a person's life as 18-19 blaa's kick in I would offer advise based upon what I have seen and what I know worked for many...it is not for everyone...but positive advise is what it is, well intended...

Military service...a tour on active duty (every day) or reserves (a weekend a month and 2 weeks of service a year) can give a person the chance to catch their breath, make some money, get some training, set themselves up for college without owing money for student loans, etc.  It can be a safety net.  Four to six years, a handful of birthdays and holidays and it is done.  It is not for everyone and not everyone going to be able to serve, but for those for whom it is a option...it is an opportunity.

I would recommend the Air Force first and foremost...best training, best treatment, and best education.

If not military for whatever reason but the desire for direction, purpose, and development of self is desired...another option is the Peace Corps.  They are far more accepting if there are issues such as minor medical or physical restrictions than the military.  The end result can be life changing...helping a community that lacks the ability or opportunity to help itself...help construct a bridge, build a school, assist with education, feed the hungry, dig a well, etc.  And in the end you have direct evidence that your efforts have changed lives.

The 18's bring some of the first adult choices in life...and these can be quite stressful for the person and those around them.  Sometimes being able to step away from the situation relieves some of this stress and builds character, quickly.

College and University can do this also, for some.  Starting a family early does it for others.  Something as simple as holding onto a mundane job log enough that responsibility is granted via promotion is another path.

That is the stressful part...so many options.

But that is the point...I would offer that making a choice, any positive choice, and sticking with it is the trick.

Hmm this was a lot more like advise than venting...sooo..."I hate raw celery!...it tastes bad and gives me a sad!"

Light side points please Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #577 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »

I'm actually fine with the degree that I've chosen. Frankly, there is nothing else that interests me. Well, there is, but my dad forbids me from choosing it. But at this point, I don't care. I just want to get in, get the degree, get the heck out, and move on with my life. Ultimately, I just want a steady job so I can go out and do what I love the most: making/playing music. Then hopefully I can find a way to make a steady income out of that. Yeah, I know, that'll be rough.

I would try and join or start a band now, but my gear isn't exactly sufficient for that kind of scenario, and I have no money to change that.

So instead I'm just going to start swinging giant glow sticks with Lucien. Err, lightsabers. *laughs awkwardly* Okay, that wasn't funny.

But I suppose my biggest obstacle in all of this is actually working towards the degree. I've failed a lot of my college classes already. But I know I can do it.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »

i ride a scooter.. its the slow one...i top out t about 38 mph with me on it.. -.-..... however the signs say 50mph LIMIT!!!   not minimum50mph..  

This really peeves me when people say this. It's both a minimum AND a maximum. Going too slow is just as unsafe as going too fast, that's why people get pulled over for BOTH. My uncle(who's a retired Police Officer) told me the law states you must be doing within 5 mph of the posted limit, or you are breaking the law. Whether or not you are going slower doesn't matter.

If you can't, or won't, go the posted speed(or within 5) use a road with a slower limit. AKA, stay off the highway.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #579 on: August 14, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »

Actually the minimum speed limit depends on where you live, where you are driving, and when you are driving.

70 max and 40 min is common on many highways (with a like ratio, but 15 from a given max is the more common minimum for a vehicle not in distress or towing on out of city highways)

Clearly in a residential area where it is 15-20, the minimum is idle speed which is considered 6-8.

Some states have an at night clause...65 becomes 55, 50 become 40, etc.

Mopeds are handled differently by state...depends on engine size...some are allowed on highways and some are not.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #580 on: August 14, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »

Actually the minimum speed limit depends on where you live, where you are driving, and when you are driving.

70 max and 40 min is common on many highways (with a like ratio, but 15 from a given max is the more common minimum for a vehicle not in distress or towing on out of city highways)

Clearly in a residential area where it is 15-20, the minimum is idle speed which is considered 6-8.

Some states have an at night clause...65 becomes 55, 50 become 40, etc.

Mopeds are handled differently by state...depends on engine size...some are allowed on highways and some are not.

Granted, what I said applied to New Jersey, and may not have been the actual law, just a cop's guide line....

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #581 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:00 AM »

I dunno if its law, but ive heard you cant do less than 80kmh in a 100kmh zone on the freeway here. course if you are stuck in bad traffic then nobodys doing 80 let alone 100  Tongue
doesn't it get confusing having different laws in each state? I know many laws differ between states here in Oz but we've got fewer states, and it doesn't seem quite as bad...
then again living smack on the west coast we are all by ourselves, no having to worry about different laws when you are popping over the border into the next state.... unless you feel like driving for a 1000 of so km Tongue maybe its just coz I haven't been exposed to it much.
I know our WA trade laws suck though

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #582 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »

I dunno if its law, but ive heard you cant do less than 80kmh in a 100kmh zone on the freeway here. course if you are stuck in bad traffic then nobodys doing 80 let alone 100  Tongue
doesn't it get confusing having different laws in each state? I know many laws differ between states here in Oz but we've got fewer states, and it doesn't seem quite as bad...
then again living smack on the west coast we are all by ourselves, no having to worry about different laws when you are popping over the border into the next state.... unless you feel like driving for a 1000 of so km Tongue maybe its just coz I haven't been exposed to it much.

Yes, it can get confusing here too, going between states. Most states have pretty similar laws though.....

(Sig by me!)

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #583 on: August 15, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

It is not that bad...there are many fine detail differences but all in all they are close to the same...and when not, especially when dealing with driving, almost all requirements are posted somewhere...most times there is a warning to educate first.

Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »

Fair enough Smiley I've never been outside WA so I've never had to worry about things like that

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: