Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288460 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2013, 06:02:26 PM »

Texas leads the nation in job growth and has the best economy of all the states... just saying.

It's very tempting. Although there are certain reasons keeping me away..... money could solve almost all of them.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #691 on: October 11, 2013, 07:52:27 PM »

So, thanks for nothing to my crappy $13 an hour that fired me back in August.  They're fighting my Unemployment tooth and nail ( a lousy $230 per week.)  I had to file an appeal, which was a phone hearing, with the Division of Employment Security (thankfully state, not federal) and my former employer never showed up on the phone.  So I get a letter telling me my benefits will be instated immediately and sure enough, 7 weeks of back pay show up in my account.  Now my former employer is appealing the appeal and as of this week, my claim has been discharged/dismissed, and the weekly check has stopped.  Mind you, I'm actively hunting a job, trying to go to school 16 hours a week, do homework, and raise a family.  Having the income cut down to just my wife's, which varies week to week since she's self employed, is really making things hard on our family.  Combined, last year we didn't even break $30,000 and this year is already less.  I can't afford to keep down grading in pay, $13 per hour already hurt enough when I had to take that job after work dried up from my $35 per hour job.  I'm honestly about to my wits end and have no idea what the hell we're going to do.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #692 on: October 13, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

So I am working graveyard shift right now and for the second day in a row, I am listening to someone's dog barking instead of sleeping. It is not my immediate neighbors, it is someone down the block with a little yappy dog. This dog NEVER SHUTS UP!!! I am not sure how it is even breathing between yapps. Just non-stop. I have tried ear plugs but I wake up with a headache when I use them.

I have tried talking to them but most people in this area are just jerks. They all have this, "A man's home is his castle," attitude, which I do not disagree with. But my home is my castle, too, and if I want to go to sleep, I should be able to. They have no concept of how the things they do affect everyone around them.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. I have one looking at me right now. What a good boy he is, nice and quiet. But I simply do not understand these people who have dogs and do absolutely nothing with them accept throw them outside all day. It is not like I live in the country where the dog can run around and be happy. The dog is cooped up in a small backyard and no one pays attention to it. It is both sad and very annoying.

It is times like this that I wish I had something like a tomb or a coffin to sleep in like a vampire. Dark, cool, and quiet...that is what I need right now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:32:49 PM by chicago.jedi » Logged

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #693 on: October 13, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »

So I am working graveyard shift right now and for the second day in a row, I am listening to someone's dog barking instead of sleeping. It is not my immediate neighbors, it is someone down the block with a little yappy dog. This dog NEVER SHUTS UP!!! I am not sure how it is even breathing between yapps. Just non-stop. I have tried ear plugs but I wake up with a headache when I use them.

I have tried talking to them but most people in this area are just jerks. They all have this, "A man's home is his castle," attitude, which I do not disagree with. But my home is my castle, too, and if I want to go to sleep, I should be able to. They have no concept of how the things they do affect everyone around them.

Don't get me wrong. I love dogs. I have one looking at me right now. What a good boy he is, nice and quiet. But I simply do not understand these people who have dogs and do absolutely nothing with them accept throw them outside all day. It is not like I live in the country where the dog can run around and be happy. The dog is cooped up in a small backyard and no one pays attention to it. It is both sad and very annoying.

It is times like this that I wish I had something like a tomb or a coffin to sleep in like a vampire. Dark, cool, and quiet...that is what I need right now.

Have you ever considered investing in sound-cancellation head-phones and playing Brown Noise? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPauaZfL6BI

I use brown noise exclusively for studying, relaxation, and at times sleeping.  I feel like I'm on board the Enterprise D.

I guess the only problem with sound-cancellation head-phones is being unable to hear your alarm clock.  But maybe if you play the brown-noise from your mobile device [preferably a smart-phone I'd imagine] then it could work as you can set some alarm clock apps to play when head-phones are attached.
Well, that and it's difficult to sleep on your side.  But maybe you don't even need head-phones, maybe your computer speakers are enough?

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #694 on: October 14, 2013, 02:56:39 AM »

Have you ever considered investing in sound-cancellation head-phones and playing Brown Noise? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPauaZfL6BI

I use brown noise exclusively for studying, relaxation, and at times sleeping.  I feel like I'm on board the Enterprise D.

I guess the only problem with sound-cancellation head-phones is being unable to hear your alarm clock.  But maybe if you play the brown-noise from your mobile device [preferably a smart-phone I'd imagine] then it could work as you can set some alarm clock apps to play when head-phones are attached.
Well, that and it's difficult to sleep on your side.  But maybe you don't even need head-phones, maybe your computer speakers are enough?
That sounds good except for a few things. I do sleep on my side so that is out. I also have a pager in case of a breakdown or emergency call out so I would never hear that and might loose my job as a result (I would get plenty of sleep then, though).

I will have to look into this Brown Noise thing. Maybe I can just play it on a radio loud enough to cancel out everything outside. Or this might be a short term problem....this shift work will be the death of me, I am sure of that. Tongue

Thanks for the tips.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #695 on: October 15, 2013, 02:16:46 AM »

I could never work third shift, thanks to my own dogs. lol. They're normally quiet, but they bark and go nuts at every little noise. And sadly, I'm one of those people who, after about an hour and a half of sleep, would not be able to get back to sleep for a few hours after I have to get up and quiet them down. But they're family pets, so getting rid of them is out of the question(one of the "perks" of living with your folks.)

(Sig by me!)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #696 on: October 15, 2013, 03:20:46 AM »

What about a good loud fan?

Have used one for years - drowns out outside noises, circulates air...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #697 on: October 16, 2013, 05:00:07 AM »

What about a good loud fan?

Have used one for years - drowns out outside noises, circulates air...

Would have to agree a nice fan, or sleeping with the tv/radio playing is key. I have crack head neighbors that will break into power ballets at anytime of day/night so a fan and tv/radio is a must.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #698 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »

I just lie on my side and put a second pillow over my head. Blocks out the sound well enough- fans often keep me awake

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2013, 03:05:04 AM »

Sometimes the general public really really sucks...

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2013, 05:54:22 AM »

Sometimes the general public really really sucks...

Yes, yes they do.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »

Always the general public really really sucks...

Fixed it for you. Grin

(Sig by me!)

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »

Fixed it for you. Grin

I stand corrected Tongue

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #703 on: October 26, 2013, 12:41:40 AM »

So I haven't vented in along time. Were having to possibly freaking move AGAIN. My brother's dad just can't handle us being around. I wish that people would just stop messing with out heads and taking advantage of our kindness. My mom is already going through a divorce from when we were in Ohio and I myself can't take the confusion and stress anymore. We came out west to get away from stress and drama. This will be the 3rd time going back to Colorado and I think this time around we'll be staying for good. I don't care where we end up at as long as my mom is okay. I would cuss up a storm but I know its against forum rules. So you guys know how my life has been going lately. Would be awesome if you guys liked the Facebook fan page I made. Its called Ultra Sabers Fanatics. Just incase we lose our WiFi from leaving. I don't know if its a possibility of leaving yet though. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Glad this thread was made. We'll be with family in Colorado if we end up leaving though so that's a plus. They at least want us around and won't confuse the crap out of us every 3 weeks of not wanting us around. Its just all messed up you know. Whoever is married or getting ready to I hope you guys don't have to go through this kind of stuff. Wish me and my brother wasn't involved in it all.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #704 on: October 26, 2013, 01:35:57 AM »

Back to bum Ohio it is then. But then to Colorado after awhile if the guy my mom was with is willing to help make that happen. This is just all to messed up guys...

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: