Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288450 times)
Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #855 on: February 15, 2014, 08:05:14 AM »

Not likely, as I mentioned she's kind of the scape goat of the family and has been looking for a way out for some time now, they threatened to send her to a boarding school but only backed out because it would be a "waste of money". They are just a couple of backward miserable old *explitive string deleted* who like to see someone worse off than they are, so I dont really see them in the picture much longer.
So yeah, I just have to be patient. Nothing new for me except the feelz.
And yes She is worth every iota of emotion I will ever have. If anyone is interested I will post a poem I wrote Her a few weeks ago in the FF&art section. It's gotten nothing but compliments so far.
But only if you're interested.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #856 on: February 16, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »

“It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #857 on: February 16, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »

Point for you Hobbie. I need to go back and read those again. My neighbor has the bluray set, how far off base are the extended movies? Any crucial changes?

Also I just heard back from her! So glad I might just spare a dude's arm from the breaking it deserves! (He broke a huge rule of mine and knew it too)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:19:05 PM by Deceptae » Logged

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #858 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »

^Thanks. I needed to hear it myself as well. And I don't know. I don't use blu-ray.

And I am definitely glad that you don't have to resort to violence...

As for me, I'm stuck in limbo at this point. Dad wants one thing: for me to finish getting my degree. And I want another thing: to take a break. But I can't make him understand why. He and mom just continue to guilt-trip me. Calling me a bum and such.

*shrugs* I'm not a machine. I can't just work without having lingering doubts about what it is I'm doing. I just want to get my driver's license, find work, and become more independent. And in my particular case, that freedom equals me getting my head on straight. And it's only then that I can trust myself with any decision involving college. I don't know... I've spent many months mulling it over, and that's the conclusion I've reached. I guess it's because that way I'll be putting myself in a position where I can't be babied anymore. Where I'll be forcing responsibility on myself.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #859 on: February 17, 2014, 12:53:56 AM »

Not a bad goal, but yes I agree you ought to have some time to sit back and think about big choices like that. No one has the right to force you to do something if you aren't sure that you really want it. Even parents.

And he deserves it. Everyone and his brother knows better than to steal from me. Since I got it back tho I'll let him of easy. This time.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #860 on: February 17, 2014, 01:19:32 AM »

^I agree whole-heartedly. The degree in question is a marketing degree. It's about the easiest thing to get, but since my dad's been paying for college, I couldn't get the degree that I originally wanted. But at the same time, I'm starting to realize that I want to be a professional writer as well. Writing is the only thing I've ever been good at, and I'm a screw-up at everything else I try to do, and plenty of people have given me a ton of praise for my short stories (written for a different forum), so I feel like it's my best option. And my teachers in the past have told me I should go for it too. And I do love to write... so looking at it from that angle, a marketing degree would actually be beneficial.

But for right now, I just need to focus on the license and the job-hunting first. Even if I do decide to go for the degree, I'm just not in the right mindset for it.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #861 on: February 17, 2014, 02:25:28 AM »

Yeah, I feel where you're coming from. Sometimes you need a break from thangs. I do hope that writing works out for you. Also that other stuff. Sorry, I'm a little distracted. I got some er, interesting news but no details so I'm kinda in an emotional state of limbo at the moment. Man I need a drink, a smoke and about three hours of Halo 4.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #862 on: February 19, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »

Warranties.

I really, really wish something could be done about warranties.

We bought a new TV/DVD cabinet to go with our new TV. It's taken two weeks to arrive because they couldn't deliver last when I was at home. I don't mind that - they said it'd take up to 30 days to deliver, so 15 days or whatever is pretty good.

Problem is, it doesn't work. This is an expensive piece of furniture, and it's solidly built and I've no doubt it's solid enough to hold our TV (a worry with the cabinet it's currently on, I admit). But it's got a leg on each corner, and one in the centre, and that central leg isn't the same length as the others. Seriously, it's about 3-4 millimetres off, which is just ridiculous from a company whose whole schtick is providing quality at a price.

So, what's to stop me just sanding it down? Well, that'll invalidate the warranty, and just in case the whole thing turns out to be as shoddily built, it's probably best to accept the situation and wait for the company's carpenter to come out and sand it down. Doesn't stop me getting annoyed by it, though...

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #863 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:55 PM »

I hate being kept awake at night by ankle pain. First night in ages I've actually felt sleepy before 1am (which wouldve been a great thing since i have to be up by 7am, and i dont do mornings at the best of times) and my ankle decides it has other ideas  Angry

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #864 on: February 24, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »

That bites. Sorry to hear about that.

* update
Got to see my girl again last night. I figured out why her family is mad at me but I think they are either forgetting about me or just getting more lax about her privileges. Either way I'm winning.
*lights "home made cigarette" with lightsaber and leans back in chair with a contented smile*

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #865 on: March 01, 2014, 11:39:51 PM »

What was left when that fire was gone?
I thought it felt right but that right was wrong
All caught up in the eye of the storm
And trying to figure out what it's like moving on
And I don't even know what kind of things I've said
My mouth kept moving and my mind went dead
So picking up the pieces, now where to begin?
The hardest part of landing is starting again

Waiting For The End by Linkin Park

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #866 on: March 15, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »

Planet Comicon is going on in downtown Kansas City this weekend, it started today... I've been looking forward to it all year (even before guests were announced) but for some reason, this week rolled around and I just don't want to go...

My wife and I just feel like we've been running ourselves ragged doing things for the last several months on the weekends (and we have,)  our middle daughter got married in January and is finally moving in with her husband (he's in the Army, trying to find housing took a little time) this weekend, so we've got that happening.  There's the big 12 Basketball Tournament going on like 5 blocks from Comicon, so I hear parking is high priced and hard to find downtown and I really really just want to hang out at home and not do anything if I can help it.

Is that a bad thing?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #867 on: March 15, 2014, 03:10:19 AM »

Not at all. You can't make it to everything. Get some rest, there's always next year...

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #868 on: March 15, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »

I don't understand people some times. I work for an insurance company in auto claims. One of the main parts of my job is to investigate accidents and make a decision on whether to accept liability (or a percentage of liability) for any given accident.

I do this for a living and am well trained and versed in the statues and case law that applies to the jurisdiciton I work claims in. My main concern is to protect the people my company insures to make decisions based on the likely outcome if our insured was to have a lawsuit filed against them.

At least once a week, a black and white clear liability situation comes up and I have to wait for my insured to stop screaming and yelling about how they aren't at fault for this accident and how they won't let me accept liability on their behalf, (this week it was around an hour of them yelling that the fact they rear ended the vehicle in front of them had nothing to do with the fact they were following too close). Then I get to calmly tell them why and that I don't need their authorization because the contract they signed (and didn't bother to read) gives me that authority and if I didn't take liability and pay my companies money to the other party we would open both the insured up to lawsuits and possible my company to either lawsuits or claims of unfair claim practices for denying claims our investigation showed we owed.

I know its hard to admit you f'd up while driving but you did, accept it, be an adult and own up to it.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #869 on: March 15, 2014, 03:32:25 AM »

If one is unable to admit one might be at fault when one clearly is, perhaps one should not be driving.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: