Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288535 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #915 on: May 18, 2014, 11:29:29 PM »

Tried the hair dye..... I'm still a ginger.

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

I'm not much for following the Order.

« Reply #916 on: May 20, 2014, 01:51:00 AM »

I finally got my first job, and it pays quite well.

Time to go home, get on Ultrasabers.com, and buy my Reaper w/ sound!

F Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry CK
My months of tension and hope have now been replaced... with more tension and hope.

Unlike the Jedi, Sith don't limit their potential when it comes to the Force.

I only need two strikes to win a duel: One to make my opponent open to attack, and another to exploit that opening.

My custom saber: Oxyx Ignis

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #917 on: May 21, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

It's really quite annoying when someone posts an innocent comment for the sole purpose of adding to a friendly conversation amongst friends when one person decides to take it too seriously and ends up picking a fight over it. Then when the original poster tries to defend his claim, everyone else takes notice and they all gang up on the poor guy who was doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Le sigh. Humans....

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #918 on: May 21, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »

It's really quite annoying when someone posts an innocent comment for the sole purpose of adding to a friendly conversation amongst friends when one person decides to take it too seriously and ends up picking a fight over it. Then when the original poster tries to defend his claim, everyone else takes notice and they all gang up on the poor guy who was doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Le sigh. Humans....

Why is that annoying to you? It gives you a chance to sit there and defend what you feel is right against a whole website full of people that disagree. If your ideas are truly worthwhile, you will successfully defend your ideals and show the people of the world who is in-fact correct, or at the very least you prove that your ideas are far more respectable the opposition previously thought.

I only need two strikes to win a duel: One to make my opponent open to attack, and another to exploit that opening.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #919 on: May 21, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »

Why is that annoying to you? It gives you a chance to sit there and defend what you feel is right against a whole website full of people that disagree. If your ideas are truly worthwhile, you will successfully defend your ideals and show the people of the world who is in-fact correct, or at the very least you prove that your ideas are far more respectable the opposition previously thought.

You're adorable.

This is the internet. Logical reasoning and truth take a backseat to mob mentality.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #920 on: May 21, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »

Le sigh. Humans....

Perhaps they were not commenting to pick a fight, but rather to support their own views as part of the discussion? And they just happened to agree with one another, which disagreed with your own point of view?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #921 on: May 21, 2014, 07:04:53 PM »

You're adorable.

This is the internet. Logical reasoning and truth take a backseat to mob mentality.

My experience says otherwise. The most logical people I tend to find are in-fact in debates on the Internet. I can't tell you how much I have learned by the enumerable amount of debating that I have done with random people on the Internet.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #922 on: May 21, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »

It's annoying for a couple of reasons.

1. I never posted the comment in hopes of sparking an argument or a debate. I posted it as a casual throwaway remark that people could go "oh yeah" or "oh no" to.

2. The seriousness people displayed after I posted the comment. You would think I had just called someone's mom a dirty name. The entire argument felt like someone trying to tout their opinions as facts while also shoving those same opinions down my throat.

3. It didn't feel like a discussion. It wasn't a discussion. It was people singling me out for a comment and refusing to admit that maybe, just maybe, it isn't a game of right and wrong, but rather a game of opposing opinions bashing into one another with no end in sight.

If I want a debate (not an argument), then I would ask for one.

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

« Reply #923 on: May 21, 2014, 08:10:50 PM »

It's annoying for a couple of reasons.

1. I never posted the comment in hopes of sparking an argument or a debate. I posted it as a casual throwaway remark that people could go "oh yeah" or "oh no" to.

2. The seriousness people displayed after I posted the comment. You would think I had just called someone's mom a dirty name. The entire argument felt like someone trying to tout their opinions as facts while also shoving those same opinions down my throat.

3. It didn't feel like a discussion. It wasn't a discussion. It was people singling me out for a comment and refusing to admit that maybe, just maybe, it isn't a game of right and wrong, but rather a game of opposing opinions bashing into one another with no end in sight.

If I want a debate (not an argument), then I would ask for one.

Where does everyone seem to find the people you describe? I've been on the Internet for at LEAST 10 years, and the greater majority of people that I debate with are intelligent people who will call you out on a logical fallacy at the instant you make one.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #924 on: May 24, 2014, 05:41:18 AM »

Where does everyone seem to find the people you describe? I've been on the Internet for at LEAST 10 years, and the greater majority of people that I debate with are intelligent people who will call you out on a logical fallacy at the instant you make one.

I don't know if you are joking, if you are, well congrats on the hard sell. If you are not joking, I need to know the sites you visit.  Grin
Now on sites like this and often with friends on twitter/facebook I have had honest and true conversations but for the most part if its in the comment section of a popular site, its insanity and flame wars. Take for example the recent law suit by players against the NFL for possilbe illegal administration of drugs by team doctors. The comments are insane, irrational and one sided.

I have seen both sides and sadely the greater majority of people that I have seen are not tied by reason or logic.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #925 on: May 24, 2014, 12:24:46 PM »

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #926 on: May 24, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »

This is getting off track of the purpose of this particular thread.  It is not meant to move some slight or perceived slight from one forum topic to another.

Please stop, shake hands and move on. 

If you want to continue an internet debate due so by private message or take it outside the forum-

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #927 on: May 24, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »

Well I hope some of you guys are doing good. Were having a bit of trouble out here in Colorado. Only thing I can vent on is no new sabers or the much talked about curved hilt release. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #928 on: May 24, 2014, 07:59:15 PM »

My experience says otherwise. The most logical people I tend to find are in-fact in debates on the Internet. I can't tell you how much I have learned by the enumerable amount of debating that I have done with random people on the Internet.

This is getting off track of the purpose of this particular thread.  It is not meant to move some slight or perceived slight from one forum topic to another.

Please stop, shake hands and move on. 

If you want to continue an internet debate due so by private message or take it outside the forum-

I hardly think discussing other peoples vent(the entire point of this thread) is getting off track.

You are not a mod, stop acting like one.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #929 on: May 24, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »

I hardly think discussing other peoples vent(the entire point of this thread) is getting off track.

You are not a mod, stop acting like one.

I would suggest that we move on.  Rehashing both what one person meant when they posted (subjective to their view) and how others interpreted it (subjective to theirs) is not the best use of one's time or one's posts.  Continuing to react back and forth will only lead to a great deal more annoyance for everyone.

Or, putting on one's mod hat - be nice, or I'm turning the forum around, and no one goes to Wally World.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: