Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288710 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1425 on: September 14, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »

Right.  Enjoy the journey of perfecting them and then one day, you'll look back and be all, "I can't believe I couldn't do this."

Pass THEN perfect.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1426 on: September 14, 2015, 09:55:20 PM »

Right.  Enjoy the journey of perfecting them and then one day, you'll look back and be all, "I can't believe I couldn't do this."

Pass THEN perfect.

EXACTLY! Pass THEN perfect. It's the same as with anything else. I bet it took Jev and the other drafters on here YEARS to perfect their drawings and techniques, all the while producing things that were only "acceptable quality," not "exceptional quality."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1427 on: September 15, 2015, 02:37:51 AM »

EXACTLY! Pass THEN perfect. It's the same as with anything else. I bet it took Jev and the other drafters on here YEARS to perfect their drawings and techniques, all the while producing things that were only "acceptable quality," not "exceptional quality."

"Designer" remember? Jev classifies drafters as glorified Xerox machines.

But yes, no one was born doing everything perfect. Well....there was that one guy.

It took me years to get to the skill level I'm at now. And I'm still learning new ways to do it better. God, I love my job. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1428 on: September 15, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »

"Designer" remember? Jev classifies drafters as glorified Xerox machines.

But yes, no one was born doing everything perfect. Well....there was that one guy.

It took me years to get to the skill level I'm at now. And I'm still learning new ways to do it better. God, I love my job. Grin

Exactly this. I've been doing this job for twelve-odd years, and the one thing you can always count on is that you will always discover new techniques and invent new tricks. One of the things I've learned is that design work is 50% technical knowledge and 50% artistry. You can have all the technical knowledge in the world and be able to put it to paper, but it won't help if the client can't follow the drawing.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1429 on: September 15, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »

Exactly this. I've been doing this job for twelve-odd years, and the one thing you can always count on is that you will always discover new techniques and invent new tricks. One of the things I've learned is that design work is 50% technical knowledge and 50% artistry. You can have all the technical knowledge in the world and be able to put it to paper, but it won't help if the client can't follow the drawing.

Or worse, you have to follow in the footsteps of someone who didn't know the &$^% they were doing, but they made it look pretty. So when you go to change a dimension, you find out a week later that bad parts are still being produced because the dimension you "changed" turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of dissociated lines and numbers that move independently of one another.  Angry Angry Angry Angry My gripe list goes on, but I'm gonna curb it here. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #1430 on: September 15, 2015, 01:24:53 PM »

If my work screw me about again and I hear one more petty bulls**t complaint aimed at getting me in trouble.

I WILL burn something down

after 2 years working in nearly every home in the company and with the vast majority of its staff, I have NEVER had so many petty complaints.....in fact the only time I can think of previously was when I was starting and made a few genuine mistakes, but even so I wasn't criticised, just made aware of what i'd done wrong and then corrected my practice accordingly.

seriously, this home is full of petty nit picking t**ts and run by a manager who is just as bad, if not worse

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1431 on: September 15, 2015, 01:40:15 PM »

I WILL burn something down

Are you gonna sthet the belding on fire?

Sig by For Tyeth

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #1432 on: September 15, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »

tempting, if things carry on the way they have for the last 2 months I will need to destroy something

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1433 on: September 15, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »

tempting, if things carry on the way they have for the last 2 months I will need to destroy something

I think you're missing my Office Space reference. But whatever. Don't let the Man get you down.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1434 on: September 15, 2015, 02:48:57 PM »

Or worse, you have to follow in the footsteps of someone who didn't know the &$^% they were doing, but they made it look pretty. So when you go to change a dimension, you find out a week later that bad parts are still being produced because the dimension you "changed" turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of dissociated lines and numbers that move independently of one another.  Angry Angry Angry Angry My gripe list goes on, but I'm gonna curb it here. Wink

Dude, we use AutoCAD Electrical. I cannot tell you how many times I've nearly strangled an enterprising engineer who took it upon themselves to edit my drawings by moving stuff around randomly, knocking stuff off snap, and (worst of all) exploding a block to make it look like they want.

I got so mad that The Hulk would have said "Dude, take it down a couple of notches."

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1435 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »

Rant for the Day:

When someone tells you "we don't see this the same way" and yet, they are repeating EXACTLY what you just said and somehow acting as if their opinion is a wiser rendition of the same words.  And they smile chidingly at you while they do it, as if you are this adorable little snowflake who can't possibly understand the "great wisdom."   Come on, now.  Don't do that crap.  I can say that because I have freakin' DONE IT to others and it's super irritating!   Cheesy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1436 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:39 PM »

Dude, we use AutoCAD Electrical. I cannot tell you how many times I've nearly strangled an enterprising engineer who took it upon themselves to edit my drawings by moving stuff around randomly, knocking stuff off snap, and (worst of all) exploding a block to make it look like they want.

I got so mad that The Hulk would have said "Dude, take it down a couple of notches."

Yeah, I have a few whoops stories like that. It was before my proficiency with CAD incorporated blocks, so I exploded everything to a point I could work with. Embarrassed Embarrassed

That rage can also come from ignorance of another's methodology. They might...ahem...might actually have a system that has benefits that you don't see, therefore your method and theirs clashes. But for the most part I only like my method for my needs. That's why I use it. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #1437 on: September 16, 2015, 02:28:05 AM »

So, I got the perfect welds that I wanted.  Grin

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1438 on: September 16, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

So, I got the perfect welds that I wanted.  Grin

Cool!

Next Step:

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1439 on: September 16, 2015, 05:05:02 PM »

Cool!

Next Step:

Naw. That's not beautiful at all.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: