Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288457 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #1440 on: September 17, 2015, 07:16:04 AM »

It won't have the colors but I can certainly try once I get a box of my own.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1441 on: September 17, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »

I'm finally starting to come out of my self induced coma...

My boss and I put in a 20 hour day at the office Wednesday (and early this morning.) Due to poor planning on the part of a Client (my paycheck will look great with the expedited fees bonus.)  I engineer Life Safety Systems, (Fire Alarm Notification and Initiation, Security, CCTV, etc)  and we received Specs for a job in Champaign, IL on Monday, along with the notations saying we had until 9/24/15 (next Thursday) to complete it, which is normally fine.

So yesterday at 3:30pm, we get a call.
Client: "We need the layouts and submittals Thursday morning."
Us:  "Yes, Thursday the 24th, we'll have them done by then."
Client:  "No, not next Thursday, tomorrow.  The job is behind schedule and we're pulling the permits at 8:00am so we can start the next phase of the project."
Us: "..."
Client: "So yeah, we need them by 8am."

So yeah, two of us stayed late, working from 8am until 4am to get this thing done and out... Fully ADA complaint retirement/care facility, over 100,000 square feet with almost 200 resident units...

Managed to get home and get about 3 hours of sleep, then woke up, was up for about 4 hours, then managed a nap, now I'm awake and baby sitting my 4 year old granddaughter while her mother has to have 2 teeth pulled...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1442 on: September 18, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »

I'm finally starting to come out of my self induced coma...

My boss and I put in a 20 hour day at the office Wednesday (and early this morning.) Due to poor planning on the part of a Client (my paycheck will look great with the expedited fees bonus.)  I engineer Life Safety Systems, (Fire Alarm Notification and Initiation, Security, CCTV, etc)  and we received Specs for a job in Champaign, IL on Monday, along with the notations saying we had until 9/24/15 (next Thursday) to complete it, which is normally fine.

So yesterday at 3:30pm, we get a call.
Client: "We need the layouts and submittals Thursday morning."
Us:  "Yes, Thursday the 24th, we'll have them done by then."
Client:  "No, not next Thursday, tomorrow.  The job is behind schedule and we're pulling the permits at 8:00am so we can start the next phase of the project."
Client: "So yeah, we need them by 8am."

So yeah, two of us stayed late, working from 8am until 4am to get this thing done and out... Fully ADA complaint retirement/care facility, over 100,000 square feet with almost 200 resident units...

Managed to get home and get about 3 hours of sleep, then woke up, was up for about 4 hours, then managed a nap, now I'm awake and baby sitting my 4 year old granddaughter while her mother has to have 2 teeth pulled...

You have never struck me as old enough to have grandchildren...

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1443 on: September 18, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »

You have never struck me as old enough to have grandchildren...

Technically, I shouldn't be, I'm 40...

My wife is 7 years older than I am, our three kids were from her previous marriage, so when I said I do 15 years ago, I got a 7 year old daughter, a 6 year old daughter, and 3 year old son.  The oldest ended up pregnant as she graduated high school, but mom is hard working and trying to finish her college degree and they live on their own, so there's the four year old grand-daughter, the middle child is now 21, has an almost 1 year old son, and has been married since she was 19 to a wonderful man who is getting ready for his 4th deployment to the sandbox.  Our son is 18 and about to graduate high school...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1444 on: September 19, 2015, 12:30:18 AM »

My wife is 7 years older than I am, our three kids were from her previous marriage, so when I said I do 15 years ago, I got a 7 year old daughter, a 6 year old daughter, and 3 year old son.  The oldest ended up pregnant as she graduated high school, but mom is hard working and trying to finish her college degree and they live on their own, so there's the four year old grand-daughter, the middle child is now 21, has an almost 1 year old son, and has been married since she was 19 to a wonderful man who is getting ready for his 4th deployment to the sandbox.  Our son is 18 and about to graduate high school...

I think it's kind of awesome that you're a young grandpa, honestly.  When I married Master Husband, I inherited a bunch of nieces, as I don't have any siblings.  One of my nieces was 19 when she had her first child, so that makes Master Husband a great uncle and me a great aunt.    I think it's hilarious because I'm even younger than you are! 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1445 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:48 PM »

Awesome. Points to the kids for handling their stuff. It's inspiring to hear when young people don't puss out when their actions land responsibility in their laps. Accept +1 on their behalf.

I think it's kind of awesome that you're a young grandpa, honestly.  When I married Master Husband, I inherited a bunch of nieces, as I don't have any siblings.  One of my nieces was 19 when she had her first child, so that makes Master Husband a great uncle and me a great aunt.    I think it's hilarious because I'm even younger than you are! 

One of my Acolytes has a nephew that's only 2 years young than he is. How's that for just plain weird?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #1446 on: September 23, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »

Ugh.. loooong sad day today.. found out this morning that a friend and ex co-worker that I have known for 18+ years (who was younger than me) passed away yesterday after (we think) a heart attack..

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1447 on: September 23, 2015, 01:58:25 AM »

Ugh.. loooong sad day today.. found out this morning that a friend and ex co-worker that I have known for 18+ years (who was younger than me) passed away yesterday after (we think) a heart attack..

Sucks! So sorry to hear that magik0012, my condolences.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1448 on: September 23, 2015, 04:37:48 AM »

Gf and I broke up today, not really too bothered by it though, we both agreed it was for the best.  We agreed to stay friends and I think we will actually be able to manage it, as friends we get along pretty well. 

I expected to feel bad and I do a little, but not much.  Hopefully this means her and I can hangout with out having to worry about relationship stuff anymore. (I'm usually good at being able to stay friends with ex's)

The real venting I need to do is wishing a new raffle would start!!!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1449 on: September 23, 2015, 04:44:40 AM »

So sorry for the loss of your dear friend.  Big hug.  Take good care of yourself.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1450 on: September 23, 2015, 07:03:45 PM »

Gf and I broke up today, not really too bothered by it though, we both agreed it was for the best.  We agreed to stay friends and I think we will actually be able to manage it, as friends we get along pretty well. 

I expected to feel bad and I do a little, but not much.  Hopefully this means her and I can hangout with out having to worry about relationship stuff anymore. (I'm usually good at being able to stay friends with ex's)

The real venting I need to do is wishing a new raffle would start!!!

I sense a fair amount of hope in this situation. If it is meant to, it will be. My aunt & uncle just got remarried this summer after being divorced for 15 years.

Sig by For Tyeth

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #1451 on: September 23, 2015, 11:03:37 PM »

One of my Acolytes has a nephew that's only 2 years young than he is. How's that for just plain weird?

You want weird? How about my aunt that is eight years younger than me? I'll have a college degree before my aunt has even finished grade school!

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #1452 on: September 23, 2015, 11:41:21 PM »

I’m the youngest of my siblings, so my oldest niece is only five years younger than I am. We spent so much time together when we were younger that we’re practically sisters (I’m the weird one) and she calls me by my name. Her younger sisters on the other hand have to call me Aunt because the youngest has issues with authority figures. (She right up asked me if I’m an adult. She should have already known that.)

Now before my sister’s divorce, I also had my niece’s older siblings as my nieces and nephew. So, I had a niece five years younger, six months younger, five years older, nine?( I forget) years older  and a nephew seven years older than I was. I still consider them family though. And of course the oldest had a baby when I was in the fifth grade..... So, I’m Great Aunt Mineva and I’m only 25. I feel so old sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:46:30 PM by Lady Mineva » Logged

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1453 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:11 AM »

I sense a fair amount of hope in this situation. If it is meant to, it will be. My aunt & uncle just got remarried this summer after being divorced for 15 years.

That's pretty incredible, good for them. I would love to have that with some of my family and see two come back together like that.
Back when my wife and I were dating, we broke up and didn't see or speak to each other for two years+. Then one day our lives started to intersect and the first day I saw her after all that time I never let her go again. Grin

Ranting ranting...I want some of my aunts and uncles to get back together dang it! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:38:53 AM by hazard502 » Logged

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1454 on: September 24, 2015, 03:11:43 AM »

I can't say I'm a big fan of the whole "I wish they would get back together" mantra, having been through a divorce myself whilst also seeing several of good friends divorce some very horrible people.  They've always been better off without each other.

But sometimes it works out differently, so I'm glad to see a few happy endings here.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: