Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288728 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1920 on: March 22, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »

"Can you make me a drink that's sweet, but not too sweet? I don't like drinks that are too sweet?"

How do I know what's too sweet for you? My taste buds don't live in your mouth! But if they did, they'd be grabbing your tongue and smacking you with it.

"Can I get the next one for free? ______ always gives me one for free."

Well, I'm not _______, and this is my second job, which should tell you I need the money more than I need your approval. Now step aside so someone who actually has money can order.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:48:53 PM by Landen Se-Sentien » Logged

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1921 on: March 22, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »

My friends and I are leaving soon, so can hou play this song next?

Can I DJ next?

I wasn't here/was outside when you played the song, can you play it again?

You're the DJ, you HAVE to play my request.

Number 1 annoying thing - talking to me/nudging me when i have my headphones because i am RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A MIX!!!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:45:26 PM by Darth Knox » Logged

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1922 on: March 22, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »

"What's in a gin & tonic? *cracks up laughing*"

Yes, I thought it was funny, too. The first time I heard it. On How I Met Your Mother.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1923 on: March 22, 2016, 07:15:12 PM »

"What's in a gin & tonic? *cracks up laughing*"

Yes, I thought it was funny, too. The first time I heard it. On How I Met Your Mother.
having worked as barman before, most annoying things are definitely impatient customers on a busy saturday night (who don't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them), anyone tapping a glass/coin/card on the bar to get my attention, anyone who say "oi" to get my attention and those people who you know have waited for five minutes then you go and serve them and they STILL haven't decided what they want. Oh, and anyone who orders a cocktail that requires getting the blender out.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1924 on: March 22, 2016, 08:53:08 PM »

having worked as barman before, most annoying things are definitely impatient customers on a busy saturday night (who don't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them), anyone tapping a glass/coin/card on the bar to get my attention, anyone who say "oi" to get my attention and those people who you know have waited for five minutes then you go and serve them and they STILL haven't decided what they want. Oh, and anyone who orders a cocktail that requires getting the blender out.

I could see myself hosing someone with the seltzer for pestering me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #1925 on: March 22, 2016, 09:25:15 PM »

"Yeah, sorry. Our blender is broke. Is it OK if it's on the rocks?"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1926 on: March 22, 2016, 09:37:40 PM »

I went to bartender school about 5-6 years ago. Loads of fun. I went to do a test at a local bar, and after 2 customers I said to the manager "Thanks, but I am no longer interested in this position, and am leaving before I do something regrettable to one of these jerks." Never applied for another bartender position again, probably never will.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1927 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:03 PM »

if you get the right bar, with the right crowd, it can be awesome. same as djing (right bar/club and djing becomes a whole lot of awesome fun>

A lot of students get bar jobs at university over here as a source of income. it can be fun.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1928 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:18 PM »

if you get the right bar, with the right crowd, it can be awesome. same as djing (right bar/club and djing becomes a whole lot of awesome fun>

A lot of students get bar jobs at university over here as a source of income. it can be fun.

I gotta chime in on this....I've been to many bars: college bars, airport bars, pubs, biker bars, restaurant, strip clubs, etc, etc.  I have had some "unfriendly" bartenders throughout the years.  It almost seems they are either overworked or underpaid or just having a miserable life(?)  My point is, it goes both ways yet,  I have seen way more obnoxious and bad patrons than bartenders.  For what it's worth...... Undecided

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1929 on: March 22, 2016, 10:17:41 PM »

My main reason for not applying for jobs is I don't remember a whole lot of what I learned. I could go back to the school I attended and retake the course free of charge(they offer these refresher courses to every graduate), but there's other reasons. Namely, I'm a dude.

I don't know how it is across the pond, but here there seems to be a trend of wanting to fill staff with hot female bartenders.

(Sig by me!)

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #1930 on: March 22, 2016, 10:20:03 PM »

i think that's called beer! lol

LMAO!

Ok, that was what I needed right after work!

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1931 on: March 22, 2016, 10:22:55 PM »

My main reason for not applying for jobs is I don't remember a whole lot of what I learned. I could go back to the school I attended and retake the course free of charge(they offer these refresher courses to every graduate), but there's other reasons. Namely, I'm a dude.

I don't know how it is across the pond, but here there seems to be a trend of wanting to fill staff with hot female bartenders.
they like a balance, but most i would say most bars have most guys working in them than girls.

it does depend on the type of bar it is though (lounge bar, cocktail bar, pub, gastro pub, etc). one thing that you will find is a lot of the bar staff tend to be students or european. there was a time where it seemed like 70% of barstaff were australian! lol

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1932 on: March 22, 2016, 11:20:28 PM »

they like a balance, but most i would say most bars have most guys working in them than girls.

it does depend on the type of bar it is though (lounge bar, cocktail bar, pub, gastro pub, etc). one thing that you will find is a lot of the bar staff tend to be students or european. there was a time where it seemed like 70% of barstaff were australian! lol

Like I said, around here it's pretty young ladies who dominate most of the bars, which are either sports bars or pubs. Obviously gay bars are different, as well as some bars will have handsome young men for ladies night....

(Sig by me!)

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #1933 on: March 22, 2016, 11:32:56 PM »

Like I said, around here it's pretty young ladies who dominate most of the bars, which are either sports bars or pubs. Obviously gay bars are different, as well as some bars will have handsome young men for ladies night....

I would prefer a saberwielding bartender to something they consider "handsome" in general... not knowing if you do or do not go under that description, but mostly, common "handsomeness" is boring

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1934 on: March 23, 2016, 12:08:20 AM »

I would prefer a saberwielding bartender to something they consider "handsome" in general... not knowing if you do or do not go under that description, but mostly, common "handsomeness" is boring

Fine, sexy male bartenders with lightsabers. Better?

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: