Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288535 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2205 on: April 25, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »

It's like what was said in another thread about people not liking motorcyclists because the bad experiences stick out. That's the same with any group, the bad seeds stick out, and the average members of "group X" get the bad rap among "group Y." SJW hurt, because even if they aren't a member of "group X" they're still lumped in with that group, and so don't realize they're hurting rather than helping by being obnoxious about it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2206 on: April 25, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »

SJW?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2207 on: April 25, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »

SJW?

"Social Justice Warriors."

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2208 on: April 25, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »

"Social Justice Warriors."

Which is a contradiction in terms because you can't please everybody. If somebody "wins" for their cause, it's just going to piss someone else off. Then it's a non-stop battle royale. Get a life you smelly hippies.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2209 on: April 25, 2016, 07:09:21 PM »

No, you make an excellent point.  That's very true.

I used to be friends with someone who just loved to crusade against "mean people."  If they found out anyone was "mean" to me, they would go into battle mode and the crusade began.  I had to take the person aside one day and inform them that I was the one who picked my own battles and that I didn't show up to every single one I was invited to, thank you very much.  Nor did I need a proxy to fight for me on my behalf.

I remember how shocked they were and they said something along the lines of, "but your're being marginalized!"  Well, no.  No, I'm not.  No one makes me feel small unless I let them and guess what doesn't happen?  I don't need to have my "group" recognized.  That's not my identity.  It's just a piece of it. 

While this song may seem depressing at first, the message in the chorus really fits with what you say in the last paragraph about not allowing others to make you feel like a victim.

http://youtu.be/-m2B5JsiO9c

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2210 on: April 25, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »

Which is a contradiction in terms because you can't please everybody. If somebody "wins" for their cause, it's just going to piss someone else off. Then it's a non-stop battle royale. Get a life you smelly hippies.

Well, if SJW's were actually following the hippie philosophy, they wouldn't be screaming at everyone like children.  They would be encouraging a more peaceful type of acceptance.  I myself am quite the "tree-hugging Living Force worshiper," but that's my personal stance on things.  I do not require validation.  But these SJW's REALLY seem to want someone to say, "YOU ARE VALID!  It's okay, sweetheart!"

Ugh, bye. 

While this song may seem depressing at first, the message in the chorus really fits with what you say in the last paragraph about not allowing others to make you feel like a victim.

http://youtu.be/-m2B5JsiO9c

That is a GREAT song!!! 

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2211 on: April 25, 2016, 07:43:28 PM »

All of Saltillo's stuff is well worth it IMO.  I am not interested in the comics the same guy produces but I LOVE what he does with music.  Glad you liked it. Smiley

Without going into detail, I will admit that I do not believe everything or accept everything or consider it all equal.  But I do not PRETEND I do and cloak my opinion in false tolerance to compel others to shut up.  What we have that is equal is an equal right to argue our points, to be criticized from our points, and to be free from threats to life, limb, and property for doing so.  Not a right for some animals to be more equal than others.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2212 on: April 26, 2016, 01:17:13 AM »

All of Saltillo's stuff is well worth it IMO.  I am not interested in the comics the same guy produces but I LOVE what he does with music.  Glad you liked it. Smiley

Without going into detail, I will admit that I do not believe everything or accept everything or consider it all equal.  But I do not PRETEND I do and cloak my opinion in false tolerance to compel others to shut up.  What we have that is equal is an equal right to argue our points, to be criticized from our points, and to be free from threats to life, limb, and property for doing so.  Not a right for some animals to be more equal than others.

Darth Justicar: Nice Animal Farm reference.

Vent:  I hate having to check to see what thread I'm in before I post.

Comment on social equality:  I agree with Noctis.

Vent:  Why, when you explain something, do people then ask you a question to which the explanation you just gave is the answer?

Vent:  Why, when you make a suggestion, do people automatically assume that if they don't take your suggestion, the absolute worst possible outcome will happen, despite the fact that you've repeated said that it isn't possible no matter what you do?

Vent:  I cannot seem to articulate my thoughts very well this evening.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2213 on: April 26, 2016, 03:03:36 PM »

Well, if SJW's were actually following the hippie philosophy, they wouldn't be screaming at everyone like children.  They would be encouraging a more peaceful type of acceptance.  I myself am quite the "tree-hugging Living Force worshiper," but that's my personal stance on things.  I do not require validation.  But these SJW's REALLY seem to want someone to say, "YOU ARE VALID!  It's okay, sweetheart!"

Ugh, bye.  

Maybe, but you strike me as a little......combative(?) to be labeled "hippie". Most of the so-called hippies I've ever come across are so merely to be contrarians. They take whatever stance allows them to pick the most fights, or get the most attention from not blending into the "norm". Where you finish off your controversial statements jokingly (I assume) with "Wanna fight about?", they actually go around with the proverbial chip on their shoulder looking for a confrontation.

I'm sorry, I only have about another 50yrs on this rock. I don't have time to waste on petty squabbles.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2214 on: April 26, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »

Maybe, but you strike me as a little......combative(?) to be labeled "hippie". Most of the so-called hippies I've ever come across are so merely to be contrarians. They take whatever stance allows them to pick the most fights, or get the most attention from not blending into the "norm". Where you finish off your controversial statements jokingly (I assume) with "Wanna fight about?", they actually go around with the proverbial chip on their shoulder looking for a confrontation.

I'm sorry, I only have about another 50yrs on this rock. I don't have time to waste on petty squabbles.

I'm kind of confused because you said I can't be a hippie because I'm a bit "combative," but then labeled hippies as contrarians, which is a combative stance by nature.   Cheesy  I'm not trying to call you out, I just found the statement curious.

As for myself, I think the word you might be looking for is "blunt."  Maybe even "abrasive" at times.  I tend not to mince words and that can come across as combative to some, I suppose.  But I also like humor, so I can't help but say something stupid 90% of the time as well.  Also, that particular combination tends to confuse SJW's and that's always a good time.  Wink

But to keep up the venting:

Male personal trainers do this thing that irritates me.  It's often more difficult for a female client to lose weight than a male because of body chemistry, metabolism, and a hormone levels.  So, when I hear a male trainer saying to a female client that she should "easily" be able to lose 3-4 pounds a week because his male clients can, I get really freakin' irritated and want to ask them how they got their license in the first place.  This seems to be an exclusively male mentality, which is why I'm qualifying it as such and I REALLY wish someone would tell these guys to knock that crap off and go back to school.   This is literally one of the first things they teach you! 

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2215 on: April 26, 2016, 05:01:40 PM »

Yeah, that makes no sense.  Even if you look at a woman's appetite versus a man's, that should be a huge clue there's a metabolic difference.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2216 on: April 26, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »

Yeah, that makes no sense.  Even if you look at a woman's appetite versus a man's, that should be a huge clue there's a metabolic difference.

What do you mean by this? I'm curious, as I've never noticed a difference between my appetite, and that of any of my female friends/family. Do I have a woman's appetite?

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2217 on: April 26, 2016, 05:18:28 PM »

I'm kind of confused because you said I can't be a hippie because I'm a bit "combative," but then labeled hippies as contrarians, which is a combative stance by nature.   Cheesy  I'm not trying to call you out, I just found the statement curious.

Sorry, I meant combative in a more martial sense (if I'm using that correctly). As in martial arts, karate and melee. The confrontation I ascribe to the so-called hippies is more verbal. Which is pretty much just a bunch of loud bitching.

If this is clear as mud, I apologize. I slept like crap last night, so I'm probably not braining well today.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2218 on: April 26, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »

What do you mean by this? I'm curious, as I've never noticed a difference between my appetite, and that of any of my female friends/family. Do I have a woman's appetite?

Often a woman can't manage the same portions that a man of equal weight could, and it's partly because of how hormones drive the metabolism.  As an example, people who go through hormone therapy (such such as for gender transition) sometimes notice an increase or decrease in appetite depending on the direction of the transition, with the male to female transition resulting in a reduction of appetite.  My understanding is that testosterone drives the metabolism to burn calories quicker in a man than in a woman.

(Hormones are also behind your teenagers eating you out of the house.  Grin  I could literally eat twice what I do now, or more, when I hit my growth spurt!!)

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2219 on: April 26, 2016, 05:41:48 PM »

Often a woman can't manage the same portions that a man of equal weight could, and it's partly because of how hormones drive the metabolism.  As an example, people who go through hormone therapy (such such as for gender transition) sometimes notice an increase or decrease in appetite depending on the direction of the transition, with the male to female transition resulting in a reduction of appetite.  My understanding is that testosterone drives the metabolism to burn calories quicker in a man than in a woman.

(Hormones are also behind your teenagers eating you out of the house.  Grin  I could literally eat twice what I do now, or more, when I hit my growth spurt!!)

That's what I thought you were getting at. I have a pretty low appetite for a man, probably one of my problems in the weight department. I can't eat NEARLY as much as I could even a few years ago, much less as a teenager.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: