Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288534 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2220 on: April 26, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »

Sorry, I meant combative in a more martial sense (if I'm using that correctly). As in martial arts, karate and melee. The confrontation I ascribe to the so-called hippies is more verbal. Which is pretty much just a bunch of loud bitching.

If this is clear as mud, I apologize. I slept like crap last night, so I'm probably not braining well today.

No, no, that makes sense now!  I just wanted to clarify before assuming what you meant incorrectly.  I have this very odd mentality of really loving order and structure, but rebelling when I find that very structure counterproductive and antiquated.  Dualistic asshole that I am.

Often a woman can't manage the same portions that a man of equal weight could, and it's partly because of how hormones drive the metabolism.  As an example, people who go through hormone therapy (such such as for gender transition) sometimes notice an increase or decrease in appetite depending on the direction of the transition, with the male to female transition resulting in a reduction of appetite.  My understanding is that testosterone drives the metabolism to burn calories quicker in a man than in a woman.

(Hormones are also behind your teenagers eating you out of the house.  Grin  I could literally eat twice what I do now, or more, when I hit my growth spurt!!)

That's absolutely a thing.  I have a testosterone imbalance (surprise, surprise!) and because of it, my appetite is often far greater than my female counterparts.  It's annoying because I am legit hungry and not just "craving" things.  Conversely, I know many women who eat so little, their metabolism is in the toilet.  You DO have to eat in order to make your metabolism run efficiently.  However, fat storage for women is much greater than fat storage for men and biology has seen to it that most women hold on to fat.   So, expecting a moderately overweight woman to drop 3-4 pounds of body fat (specifically) per week is unrealistic.  Trainers should know that. 

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2221 on: April 26, 2016, 07:13:01 PM »

I have the flu...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2222 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »

Ugh...that sucks. I'm sorry. Sad

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2223 on: April 26, 2016, 07:31:31 PM »

No, no, that makes sense now!  I just wanted to clarify before assuming what you meant incorrectly.  I have this very odd mentality of really loving order and structure, but rebelling when I find that very structure counterproductive and antiquated.  Dualistic asshole that I am.

I totally sympathize. I only like things until they don't work anymore. Kind of how I felt about the government for the last few years. I've never been political, but I'm more so now than I've ever been, and it's pissing me off. I'm about to pull off a Sidious level coup and just force everybody to do things my way and get along. Angry Angry Angry

Don't worry I promise to be a fair and understanding despot. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2224 on: April 26, 2016, 07:41:38 PM »

I have the flu...

That's lame as hell.  I hope it passes quickly for you!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2225 on: April 27, 2016, 01:13:37 AM »

Just because YOU don't understand something, DOESN'T mean it's wrong, or it doesn't exist. This coming from people who SHOULD understand more than anybody else, makes it even more frustrating. You turn around and treat certain people people the same way certain other people have treated you, and you don't see a problem? Grrrrr.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2226 on: April 27, 2016, 03:02:23 AM »

I have the flu...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  The flu is just miserable. 

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2227 on: April 27, 2016, 04:55:45 AM »

I've grown to vehemently dislike any use of Generation X, Y, Z.
Applying a biological scale to something like culture makes zero sense. Biology transmits in a vertical manner - it is strictly limited to that fact.
Culture can be transmitted on the vertical, horizontal, or oblique and it's capable of doing all of it simultaneously.

The biological scale of a generation is what, 20 years?
Cultural generations can be instantaneous, particularly in the advent of the internet.
Any time someone makes a change to their life a cultural generation is passing and a new one is beginning.

I realize Generation X, Y, Z are meant to be generalizations, but I have a hard time seeing how those generalizations are particularly useful or productive.
I have chosen X, Y, Z with purpose - as there may be some merit to the previous generations (though it's probably dubious at best).

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2228 on: April 27, 2016, 05:57:09 AM »

Just because YOU don't understand something, DOESN'T mean it's wrong, or it doesn't exist. This coming from people who SHOULD understand more than anybody else, makes it even more frustrating. You turn around and treat certain people people the same way certain other people have treated you, and you don't see a problem? Grrrrr.

It's that whole "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality.  Isn't it fun?  Tongue  Roll Eyes

I've also found that I am very guilty of reading something on the internet, assuming I knew what someone meant, getting mad about it, and then being really incorrect.  Not exactly what you're talking about, but I notice a lot of misunderstandings of this nature start off in this way.   I just did it myself about 5 minutes ago.  GOLD STAR!

I've grown to vehemently dislike any use of Generation X, Y, Z.
Applying a biological scale to something like culture makes zero sense. Biology transmits in a vertical manner - it is strictly limited to that fact.
Culture can be transmitted on the vertical, horizontal, or oblique and it's capable of doing all of it simultaneously.

The biological scale of a generation is what, 20 years?
Cultural generations can be instantaneous, particularly in the advent of the internet.
Any time someone makes a change to their life a cultural generation is passing and a new one is beginning.

I realize Generation X, Y, Z are meant to be generalizations, but I have a hard time seeing how those generalizations are particularly useful or productive.
I have chosen X, Y, Z with purpose - as there may be some merit to the previous generations (though it's probably dubious at best).

But I LIKE the name  "Generation X!"  It's the Mutant Generation.  X-Men, dammit!  Stop ruining my fun!

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2229 on: April 27, 2016, 06:33:53 AM »

But I LIKE the name  "Generation X!"  It's the Mutant Generation.  X-Men, dammit!  Stop ruining my fun!

Your fun is wrong!

I'm still terrified for the new X-Men movie.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #2230 on: April 27, 2016, 07:43:15 AM »

i'm getting really sick of coming home from work with a new collection of bruises, its getting f***ing stupid. I'm not there to get assualted

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2231 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »

I have the flu...

Cream of tomato soup
Lot's of water
Lots of sleep
Be uncomfortably hot (lots of covers). Burn it out.

Those are my go-to's when sick.

I'm hopeful, but I've been waiting for them to pull Apocalypse for a long time. Speaking of ridiculously over powered villains, I'm surprised the Transformers franchise hasn't played Unicron yet. As bad a taste as the sequels have left me with, I'd have to go see that one.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:32:09 PM by Darth Logos » Logged

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2232 on: April 27, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »

Your fun is wrong!

You wanna fight about this?  I've got foam swords and I'm not afraid to beat you with one.  Your Mod Powers ™ don't frighten me.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2233 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »

Some days you just wanna...

Sig by For Tyeth

Drahcir
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #2234 on: April 27, 2016, 08:01:21 PM »

You wanna fight about this?  I've got foam swords and I'm not afraid to beat you with one.  Your Mod Powers ™ don't frighten me.

But really, I want to have a foam sword fight.

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: