Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288449 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2415 on: May 12, 2016, 02:18:24 AM »

*walks in*

*starts to say something*

*sees conversation topic*

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2416 on: May 12, 2016, 02:34:59 AM »

*walks in*

*starts to say something*

*sees conversation topic*

LMFAO,  let's change the subject!  Wink

You know what really grinds my gears?  When UPS claims there was "no answer" at the door, but you've been home all day and those lying bastards try to say otherwise!  So, they leave one of those stupid door tags.

Well, I am happy to say that I caught the UPS man trying that today, as I was literally sitting right by the window (I'm SURE he could see me!) and I rushed outside and demanded that he give me my freakin' vitamins immediately.  He claimed he had knocked and there was no answer.

What the lying crap?  I saw you, dude!  You didn't knock!  Angry

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2417 on: May 12, 2016, 02:37:45 AM »

Gendered deodorant. I mean what's the point!? If I, a grown ass man, want to smell like Strawberry Paradise, then what's it to you?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2418 on: May 12, 2016, 02:47:32 AM »

You know what I saw yesterday?

Leather essential oil.  As in essential oil that smells like leather?  So, I took a whiff and  . . . it was absolutely the smell of leather.  The had another one called "library" that smelled like OLD BOOKS and I'm thinking to myself, "cow sweat and book sweat."  SEXY.

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #2419 on: May 12, 2016, 03:09:11 AM »

Not all of us ladies are ladylike, Grewowl.

And for my venting...IF I HEAR MY MOM NAG ME ABOUT MAKEUP ONE MORE TIME...

I'm more than thirty years old dagnabbit, and I hate makeup.  Why women should have to put up with all of that and men don't have to, I have no idea.  But let's just say my mom has that 1950's CONFORM CONFORM CONFORM thing going on.

I love her but this is always a frustration for me when I go on a vacation with her.

Your mom sounds a lot like mine. The only non-fingernail polish makeup that I have is an eyebrow pencil that is only used for one of two things. 1. A mustache for my Weird Al costume or 2. To fill in the bald spots in my eyebrows when I stress pick my eyebrow hair out.

She also says a lot of things like "When I was your age I already had three children." I've never even been on a date which is pretty pathetic when you think about how old I am, but knowing the people I interact with, it's not a bad thing either.

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2420 on: May 12, 2016, 03:09:26 AM »

You know what I saw yesterday?

Leather essential oil.  As in essential oil that smells like leather?  So, I took a whiff and  . . . it was absolutely the smell of leather.  The had another one called "library" that smelled like OLD BOOKS and I'm thinking to myself, "cow sweat and book sweat."  SEXY.

YOU MUST PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION ON THESE GLORIOUS PRODUCTS!!!

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2421 on: May 12, 2016, 03:10:09 AM »

Makeup is the DEVIL.  Who wants that crap on their face??  But I do like eyeliner on any gender.  I think it's sexy.  I wear it myself sometimes, but the rest?  Gross.  I'm with you on that one.  Does your mom like high heels and petticoats, too?   Roll Eyes

Thankfully, now that she's older, she sees the practicality of wearing pants instead of dresses.  So no, she's not THAT far gone. Wink

But she definitely doesn't get me in a lot of ways.  I may not be genderqueer but I am definitely a girl on my OWN damn terms.  Tomboy, without the connotation of athleticism that term implies.  I'll wear earrings and a necklace if I feel like it, but that's it.  And I like the opportunity to dress in a less feminine way whenever I so choose.  (And I am totally aware the way I tie my scarf and wear it with my overcoat in the winter is a "masculine" way.  I learned it cosplaying BBC Sherlock, in fact. Wink )

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2422 on: May 12, 2016, 03:18:57 AM »

YOU MUST PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION ON THESE GLORIOUS PRODUCTS!!!

They sell it at Whole Foods!  I forget the brand and it may be local, but they have a lot of "quirky" oils. 

Leather, Old Books, Clean Laundry, Fresh Cut Grass.   

Heh.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2423 on: May 12, 2016, 03:35:43 AM »

Eh, I wear make up for cosplaying more than anything else really. My Sith needs a great deal of it, my Jedi I just chuck some foundation and/ or powder on to even up any splotches, esp when I know I'm going to a more official event/ lots of photos will be taken. I actually like my Spartan for that reason- helmet= you can't see my face and therefore I don't have to worry about make up hehe.

I do not understand why someone would want to put on black eyeliner/ eyeshadow every day however! That stuff is an absolute female dog to get off, even with a good make up remover!!! Funnily, I had this exact conversation with a batman cosplayer...

My mum doesn't give a damn whether I wear make up or dresses or whatever. She's always been 'do what you want and I will support you'. In saying that she always lamented at my insistence to wear all black, poor colour coordination and filling my cargo/ jean pants pockets with my stuff if I was actually going out anywhere. So did my little sister.... Though since my sister these days is a Goth and often wears all black neither of them can comment Tongue

Thankfully my mum doesn't have anything against my lightsaber collecting, any of my costuming etc- again, my sister collects dance swords and has FAR FAR more belly dance costumes than I have cosplays!

I've always been a tomboy, black is my preferred colour, I hate pink with a vengeance (followed closely by purple, unless its more an indigo coz I love blue). Doesn't mean that I don't sometimes get dressed up for special occasions or occasionally enjoying being girly.... When I'm not running around in Spartan armour Wink

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2424 on: May 12, 2016, 05:13:19 AM »

My eyeliner is charcoal grey, but it's easy to take off?  I guess because I don't wear that waterproof stuff.  A damp washcloth does the trick nicely, but most of the time, it kind of rubs off on its own during the day, if I bother with it. 

My mom tried to dissuade me from leather and darkness, but it's only gotten worse as I've aged.  She finally just accepted it after a while and we've been cool ever since.  She calls me "Goth Vader" and I think it's hilarious. 

And what's up with parents not wanting their female children to like Darth Vader, anyway?  Come on, now.   Wink  Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #2425 on: May 12, 2016, 05:55:37 AM »

Yeah I use waterproof gel eyeliner. If I'm going to the effort of putting it on, I want it to damn stay on lol. Charcoal is my preferred but when I'm doing the Sith make up I need to use the black. I just resemble a racoon afterwards.

Dunno about the Vader thing...? Not really run into that here. Then again, I'm into the geeky costuming scene here so that kinda stuff doesn't really happen in my circle of friends Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2426 on: May 12, 2016, 07:19:11 AM »

I don't know girlfriends.  I was not going to reply to this convo but I kept thinking about it.  I like the feeling of being fit and strong and yes even taking no prisoners.  But I love the color pink and of course purple and being feminine without being girly or coming across as weak.  Even when trekking in the Amazon jungle with the guys and sans makeup, I held my own but enjoyed being watched out for and even protected by the males.  Actually we watched out for one another.

My mother was always put together.  She would wear a broach on her bath robe.  I had to work much harder and as I get older and perhaps wiser, I am comfortable in sneakers or heels.  I had to become an adult to give myself permission to play and have adventures.  I don't know exactly how that led to owning lightsabers but I was on a cruise to Alaska, came home and bought my first realistic one the next day.   Smiley

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2427 on: May 12, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »

You are all right but you know, it is not so simple to be parent too Smiley

As a dad, i hope that my daughters will be astronautes/Nobel prices/Olympic champions (Joke  Tongue ) ... i hope to be able to protect them as long as they are kids ... i hope to be able to prepare them for their adult life ... BUT i hope to be smart enough to let them become happy by doing what they want to do ... even and ESPECIALLY if they want to do something i do not understand ...

But i think that it is a very complicated equation ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2428 on: May 12, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »

Yeah I use waterproof gel eyeliner. If I'm going to the effort of putting it on, I want it to damn stay on lol. Charcoal is my preferred but when I'm doing the Sith make up I need to use the black. I just resemble a racoon afterwards.

Dunno about the Vader thing...? Not really run into that here. Then again, I'm into the geeky costuming scene here so that kinda stuff doesn't really happen in my circle of friends Tongue

I have some gel eyeliner that is very dark purple (might as well be black!) and I really do like it, but if I mess it up?  I have to get a special wipe and start over.  Then, I swear I can never get it to match the other eye after that!  Cheesy

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2429 on: May 12, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »

Sorry to disappoint, but that wasn't me.  I don't play that game and everyone here knows I don't care for those who do that nonsense.  I find it childish. 
Well good to know, now my vent for the day:

You know what kind of dishes I hate to wash? Pots that have spaghetti sauce cooked on to the inside! Seriouslly it took me an hou to clean it. My arm is now angry with me and is getting revenge.

My other vent:
So my computer has been donig good for a really long time but it just did a software update and now it goes so slow!

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: