Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288451 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2520 on: May 18, 2016, 04:33:32 PM »

Sloan Peterson.

Character in Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

Yeah, that one.

I worked with someone named Lacey Love.

Bow-chicka-bow-wow is all I could think of.

It does have that sound to it. Wink

I worked with a girl named Special Precious Love.   I'm not even joking.
There was once a girl at my school named...

Shewonderful

That's all I'm going to say on the name topic. I could go on for days. The Key and Peele "Substitute Teacher" sketches really hit close to home.

I don't want to sound racist, but I can almost guess the ethnicity of the parents.

I have an aunt that works for an Arkansas police dept. who told me of a woman with a record named Shi thead, and I only put the space in it for phonetic emphasis.

Other venting,

Heard a story today that made me want to knock somebody into next Tuesday. Apparently this hypersensitive hippie bullshell has reached an all new low. A greade school student was excessively reprimanded for drawing a picture of a policeman firing his weapon. At what, if anything, is unkown, or the drawing was not finished yet. The teacher accused the student of being "aggressive". I'm sorry but last I checked humans are naturally aggressive. How many other mammals constantly walk on their hind legs? NTM aren't apex predators generally aggressive? I know a fair amount of the population may not individually fit the criteria of "apex" but....

Violence is a natural attribute of predatory species, and as responsible members of society we need to exercise healthy ways of expressing our violent tendencies (I prefer video games) not overreacting because a child expresses an interest in firearms. Maybe dad's a cop, and he's been to the range. I also advocate getting details before red flagging a simple drawing.

Also related, I found out that kids in the area are no longer allowed to point fingers like guns.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KRIFFING HIPPIES ARE MAKING THIS COUNTRY SOFT HEARTED AND SOFT MINDED IDIOTS.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2521 on: May 18, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »

Dude.  These people aren't "hippies."  They're social justice warriors, which are WAY worse, okay.  Update your terminology.  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2522 on: May 18, 2016, 09:23:53 PM »

Dude.  These people aren't "hippies."  They're social justice warriors, which are WAY worse, okay.  Update your terminology.  Wink

What I really want to call them can be quoted from Jessie Ventura in Predator, but it is in no way Forum appropriate.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2523 on: May 18, 2016, 10:35:56 PM »

I could argue your politically fueled rant isn't forum appropriate....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2524 on: May 18, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »

Let's not jump down that rabbit hole - I don't think Logos was intending anything malicious or too politically fueled here.
Regardless, let's end this discussion now.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2525 on: May 19, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »

You know what really grinds my gears?  When I'm streaming a movie and right when I'm about to find out something I really want to know?  The "Oops, something went wrong!" message pops up and I'm like, "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2526 on: May 19, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »

You know what really grinds my gears?  When I'm streaming a movie and right when I'm about to find out something I really want to know?  The "Oops, something went wrong!" message pops up and I'm like, "NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

And I know juuuuuust how you must sound, too. It's likely related to "DO NOT WANT." Wink

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2527 on: May 19, 2016, 01:28:03 AM »

Or it just stops and buffers for 30 minutes...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2528 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:12 AM »

Wheel on my screen keeps on turnin'.  Don't know when I'll see my movie. Oh, the wheel on the screen keeps on turnin'.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2529 on: May 19, 2016, 04:23:12 PM »

I could argue your politically fueled rant isn't forum appropriate....
Let's not jump down that rabbit hole - I don't think Logos was intending anything malicious or too politically fueled here.
Regardless, let's end this discussion now.

I fail to see how anything in my vent was political beyond not being politically correct.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2530 on: May 19, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »

Okay, thinking of my friend's family on this one, but . . .

I hate people who give back-handed compliments under the guise of being nice and then tag it with, "I'm just being honest."

Wrong.  You're being a jerk.  If you're going to be a bantha's arse, at least own it.  

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2531 on: May 19, 2016, 06:05:20 PM »

I hate people who give back-handed compliments under the guise of being nice and then tag it with, "I'm just being honest."

Wrong.  You're being a jerk.  If you're going to be a bantha's arse, at least own it.  

True, but whoever said honesty was nice. Of course there are ways to get around the "being a dick" aspect of it.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2532 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:11 PM »

True, but whoever said honesty was nice. Of course there are ways to get around the "being a dick" aspect of it.

Eh, you can still be nice while being honest.  I would post this comic to the forum, but it's too large.

However, click the link for an example of exactly what I mean about "just being honest."

http://i.imgur.com/32ITfVJ.jpg

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2533 on: May 19, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »

Oh yeah, thank you.

I have also had to explain to someone that if the majority of the time they are nagging someone about a thing, that the one time they compliment the thing will automatically be judged as insincere or backhanded.

Heck, even in customer service there are studies showing it takes TEN positive comments--MINIMUM--to override one negative one.  So if you have your ratio reversed, don't be surprised when you're either blown off, or considered to be outright lying or manipulating on the rare occasion when you actually bother to give praise.

And AWESOME cartoon, Noctis.  I feel funny giving LS points to you under your new name, but I still did.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2534 on: May 19, 2016, 07:33:35 PM »

THEY KRIFFING CANCELLED CASTLE. WTF? I swear, people wouldn't know good TV if it jumped up and slapped the stupid out of them.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: