Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288463 times)
Darth Nelo Angelo
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -83

« Reply #2580 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:12 AM »

I reluctantly upgraded to 10 last week because of the impending deadline from 7.

As predicted, little quirks emerged with 10.

First thing that boiled me over with 10 after installation was when you right click your mouse on your desktop. Normally this is to access View, Sort, Refresh etc. But with 10, the mouse right click just hang there with a blue oscillating circle and it took about 20 to 30 seconds for the menu to show. Frustrating. I searched all over high and low for a solution, and found four youtube videos that recommended "solutions", and only the fourth that I followed worked.

That is really slow. Shouldn't take that long for a right click. What setup/specs are you running?

" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #2581 on: May 25, 2016, 09:20:03 AM »

That is really slow. Shouldn't take that long for a right click. What setup/specs are you running?

Nothing to do with setup/specs. The solution was to delete a whole bunch of useless files in "regedit". It all works now and the key advantage with 10 is noticeably slightly faster than 7 overall.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2582 on: May 25, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »

Honestly, I actually like 10. It took a day or two to really get used to it, but now I'm pretty good with it. My favorite feature is the integration of Cortana. It's really convenient being able to simply search and pull up programs and files without having to search high and low when you don't remember where they're located exactly.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2583 on: May 25, 2016, 04:14:08 PM »

Honestly, I actually like 10. It took a day or two to really get used to it, but now I'm pretty good with it. My favorite feature is the integration of Cortana. It's really convenient being able to simply search and pull up programs and files without having to search high and low when you don't remember where they're located exactly.

Cortana was insanely slow and wants to do a full web search for things that do not need a web search.  The 8.1 search is much more efficient for searching my computer.  If I want to search the Internet I'll go to Google and do it when I want to.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2584 on: May 25, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »

My favorite feature is that by logging in with my Live account, all my Windows devices stay connected. If I take a picture of something on my Windows Phone, I can access it from my desktop computer. If I make changes to the theme or an aspect therein, I can port that change over to my laptop if I want.

Plus, with my Windows Phone, I have Continuum, a wonderful little feature that allows me to dock my phone, plug in a monitor and peripherals, and turn my phone into a computer if I wanted to.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2585 on: May 25, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »

I want to go full on Kylo Ren right now!

My mom just texted to let me know I am getting surprise maintenance in my house (which I rent from my parents) tomorrow.  Meaning I have to do a full cleanup in there when I have a MAJOR exam on Friday and I need ALL available time to study.  Well guess what, my evening is now completely screwed and I am basically going to get no studying done today!

She claims it was because the homeowner's association just notified her today and took the liberty of setting the time on their own.  Be that as it may, I also know by experience it doesn't even matter what I do to clean the place--she'll give me BS about it a la Everybody Loves Raymond anyway.

FFFFFFFFFF!

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2586 on: May 25, 2016, 07:35:33 PM »

^

Will Smith is right again.

Good luck on your exam, DJ. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2587 on: May 25, 2016, 09:35:26 PM »

I want to go full on Kylo Ren right now!

My mom just texted to let me know I am getting surprise maintenance in my house (which I rent from my parents) tomorrow.  Meaning I have to do a full cleanup in there when I have a MAJOR exam on Friday and I need ALL available time to study.  Well guess what, my evening is now completely screwed and I am basically going to get no studying done today!

She claims it was because the homeowner's association just notified her today and took the liberty of setting the time on their own.  Be that as it may, I also know by experience it doesn't even matter what I do to clean the place--she'll give me BS about it a la Everybody Loves Raymond anyway.

FFFFFFFFFF!
1 - good luck with your exams

2- nice to know all parents behave the same around the world, no matter old their kids are

3-  "surprise maintenance" is actually code for updating spy software and replacing damaged hidden cameras! lol

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2588 on: May 25, 2016, 10:05:47 PM »

1 - good luck with your exams

2- nice to know all parents behave the same around the world, no matter old their kids are

3-  "surprise maintenance" is actually code for updating spy software and replacing damaged hidden cameras! lol

More cameras for DJ Ren to seek and destroy!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2589 on: May 25, 2016, 10:12:15 PM »

Well...thankfully it looks like the homeowner's association SHOULD only need to see the outside, so my mom and I kinda worked it out and I can get some study time.  Not as much as I hoped for, but some.

Still gonna get the sound font on my saber updated to movie-accurate and have a go with it later.  (Minus actually breaking stuff.)  I get very stressed about math exams so a little venting will be nice.

I have a feeling the dream I had last night about trying to pack in a hurry for the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE was symbolic as to how I feel on this whole subject.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2590 on: May 25, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »

Minus actually breaking stuff? How un-Kylo-like.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2591 on: May 26, 2016, 12:11:09 AM »

Minus actually breaking stuff? How un-Kylo-like.

Well, considering I already broke stuff once and just BARELY dodged a major fight over that one (they bought my cover story)...life doesn't need to imitate art to QUITE that degree.  Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2592 on: May 26, 2016, 04:13:14 AM »

Well, considering I already broke stuff once and just BARELY dodged a major fight over that one (they bought my cover story)...life doesn't need to imitate art to QUITE that degree.  Wink

Maybe "accidentally" knock over a glass. You know, just for safe measure.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2593 on: May 26, 2016, 05:17:26 AM »

Beat up some pillows, pillows are mighty resistant to Ultrasabers. Smiley

Best of luck with the studying, I also never enjoyed math exams.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2594 on: May 26, 2016, 05:18:54 AM »

Thanks.  Was too tired tonight to even fire up the saber...but I'll have to try soon.

And yeah, pillows, laundry, bedspreads, etc. all work well.  Soft targets. Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: