Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288511 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3555 on: October 06, 2016, 02:24:39 PM »

I sympathize. I don't want to stereotype, but as a white cis-male, that's all we do.  Wink

Not sure what you mean by "cis-", but I do fall into the category of white male, and I take exception to this comment. A man is what he makes of himself. I would rather be a good man than waste my time living up to the bull that constitutes a "real" man.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3556 on: October 06, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »

Not sure what you mean by "cis-", but I do fall into the category of white male, and I take exception to this comment. A man is what he makes of himself. I would rather be a good man than waste my time living up to the bull that constitutes a "real" man.

Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people who have a gender identity that matches the sex that they were assigned at birth.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3557 on: October 06, 2016, 02:59:24 PM »

Cisgender (often abbreviated to simply cis) is a term for people who have a gender identity that matches the sex that they were assigned at birth.

Ok?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3558 on: October 06, 2016, 03:12:54 PM »

Ok?

Said you weren't sure what he meant by Cis-

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3559 on: October 06, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Said you weren't sure what he meant by Cis-
Yeah. I'm just fuzzy about the point of having a term that designates what the vast majority of people already do. It would be like calling out that I'm an air-breather.

Sig by For Tyeth

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3560 on: October 06, 2016, 03:27:41 PM »

Yeah. I'm just fuzzy about the point of having a term that designates what the vast majority of people already do. It would be like calling out that I'm an air-breather.

It's being used as a derogatory term by a lot of SJWs.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3561 on: October 06, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »

Wouldn't hetero mean the same thing, or is that something I've always missed. Cuz I was born male(well, I was), and I'm male in the sense that I find females to be my attraction, is that not what it is?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3562 on: October 06, 2016, 04:01:14 PM »

Wouldn't hetero mean the same thing, or is that something I've always missed. Cuz I was born male(well, I was), and I'm male in the sense that I find females to be my attraction, is that not what it is?

Yes and no. Cis refers to doing things that society, time, tradition, or whatever has associated with your gender. If you're a man, and you like being outdoors, watching sports, shooting guns, dating women, drinking beer, and so on, then you could be considered a cis. You were born a man, you identify as a man, and you do "manly" activities. The same could be said for women who wear pink, liked playing with dolls, etc.

Your sexual preference is a small part of a much bigger picture.

Like I said, it's being used by groups of people to identify other groups of people in an attempt to isolate and identify them for whatever purposes they pursue. Some people have adopted it and proudly claim, "Yes, I am a cis. So what?" Others recognize it in themselves and try to be aware of the behavior and make changes. "Am I only doing this, because I'm a man, and society says I should?"

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3563 on: October 06, 2016, 04:11:30 PM »

Yes and no. Cis refers to doing things that society, time, tradition, or whatever has associated with your gender. If you're a man, and you like being outdoors, watching sports, shooting guns, dating women, drinking beer, and so on, then you could be considered a cis. You were born a man, you identify as a man, and you do "manly" activities. The same could be said for women who wear pink, liked playing with dolls, etc.

Your sexual preference is a small part of a much bigger picture.

Like I said, it's being used by groups of people to identify other groups of people in an attempt to isolate and identify them for whatever purposes they pursue. Some people have adopted it and proudly claim, "Yes, I am a cis. So what?" Others recognize it in themselves and try to be aware of the behavior and make changes. "Am I only doing this, because I'm a man, and society says I should?"

I'm not saying you, or going against you, but I wanted to say that without coming off chauvinistic. That's paints a broad spectrum that all guys have to be manly. Should I turn in my Visa card cuz I do dishes, wash the family's clothes?
I'll just stick to I'm a male.
Again, not an attack on you, Landen, kinda the picture it can paint. Not all men do the same thing. Cuz one doesn't like sports shouldn't mean they are less than a man.

Man I'm straying too much. Next topic!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3564 on: October 06, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »

I'm not saying you, or going against you, but I wanted to say that without coming off chauvinistic. That's paints a broad spectrum that all guys have to be manly. Should I turn in my Visa card cuz I do dishes, wash the family's clothes?
I'll just stick to I'm a male.
Again, not an attack on you, Landen, kinda the picture it can paint. Not all men do the same thing. Cuz one doesn't like sports shouldn't mean they are less than a man.

Man I'm straying too much. Next topic!

Oh no, I agree. Like I said, it's usually used in a derogatory sense. I'm a man, I'm heterosexual, and I like sports. So, by that definiton, I'd be a cis, and if I were to encounter some SJWs, they would likely use that as fuel to try and attack me and push their agenda.

It's all a big socio-political agenda, and that's one of the lines that gets drawn. And because of that and our forum rules, I agree: next topic.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3565 on: October 06, 2016, 04:43:57 PM »

Oh no, I agree. Like I said, it's usually used in a derogatory sense. I'm a man, I'm heterosexual, and I like sports. So, by that definiton, I'd be a cis, and if I were to encounter some SJWs, they would likely use that as fuel to try and attack me and push their agenda.

It's all a big socio-political agenda, and that's one of the lines that gets drawn. And because of that and our forum rules, I agree: next topic.

We agree to agree. Now quickly! Let's bail off this ship!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3566 on: October 06, 2016, 06:16:53 PM »

It's being used as a derogatory term by a lot of SJWs.
Ok, can someone please give me a glossary of modern acronyms?

SJW?

NM I just remembered.

You're male for no other reason other than you possess a Y chromosome. What you do with it is up to you.

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3567 on: October 06, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »

Okay, you guys are on the right track, but you're still woefully off.

Being CIS-gender has nothing to with anything other than gender identity. A butch lesbian who wears men's clothes exclusively, walks like a man, talks like a man, and likes things that are stereotypical "male," while shunning things that are typically feminine, but at the end of the day is still happy being a female and with her physical sex, is still a CIS-woman.

Same with a gay man who dresses and acts more feminine, but is still happy with his birth sex. Cis.

The other identities come into play when one's gender identity does not line up with their physical sex. Transgender is a huge umbrella term, combining MtF(Male to Female trans), FtM(Female to Male), genderqueer, and others. MtF and FtM should be fairly familiar to most of us. Genderqueer is a bit tricky, as it's kind of an umbrella term in itself. But basically it encompasses people who identify with no gender, multiple genders, or who shift around during different times of their life. I encourage you to read up on this subject, I won't cover more of it, as I could go on for days.

I will say this though; It's best to look at it this way, however you identify, whatever makes you feel happiest and most comfortable is right. Most of the population does identify as CIS. There are some of us on this forum who don't(not naming names). Just respect that.

*Drops mike, and steps down from soapbox*

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3568 on: October 06, 2016, 08:07:14 PM »

I was making a joke that white cis-males are considered to blame for the racial and sexual stereotypes in our society.

"I don't want to stereotype, but as a white cis-male, that's all we do"...is stereotype. As in I'm stereotyping us for stereotyping.  Wink I didn't mean to attack anyone or tell them how to be. I suppose I meant to poke at societal concepts of groups.

My humor often requires layers. It's funnier that way, but it is not for everyone. The most enjoyed humor usually isn't.

And if sports and hunting are 'cis' then I misunderstood. I perhaps risk getting political if I go into detail of too much of the context as I've heard it. So, I won't, as that's not my intent. And, I apologize for opening such a can of worms.

You're male for no other reason other than you possess a Y chromosome. What you do with it is up to you.

I know your point, but...now, random biology fact that comes into play. Not all Y chromosomes make one male. Example: Complete Androgen Insensitivity results in little to no cellular responses to testosterone. The sex determinant gene on the y chromosome prevents the development of a uterus, but the rest of the anatomy is female as testosterone has no affect on development in this genetic condition. This would not be 'cis female', I suppose. The condition often results in a very clear complexion and thick shiny hair, as androgens are involved in making pimples etc. A disproportionate number of models have the condition. It's still biological. It's irrevocable. Without getting religious, it is as nature made them.

I will say that I don't believe this should be used in anyone's political agenda one way or the other, nor swaying beliefs. It is just the truth and should expand the context of our understanding.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3569 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:14 PM »

I'm just going to leave it at "I am what I am, and I will not accept being labeled."

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: