Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288708 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5025 on: August 14, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »

As a personal preference, If I can not recreate the character as close as possible I will not even attempt it.  I'll never dress as Vader because a 5'7" chunky Vader is not something I would like to be seen, no matter how good the costume is.  That's why the costumes I do make are unique characters I've created or historical garb.  But, that is a personal preference, its not one I would extend to anyone else.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #5026 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »

As a personal preference, If I can not recreate the character as close as possible I will not even attempt it.  I'll never dress as Vader because a 5'7" chunky Vader is not something I would like to be seen, no matter how good the costume is.  That's why the costumes I do make are unique characters I've created or historical garb.  But, that is a personal preference, its not one I would extend to anyone else.

If I had that as a preference I'd never get to cosplay anything but original characters lol

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5027 on: August 14, 2017, 11:37:34 PM »

Don't sweat the jerks. When I went to Comic-con, there was a boy there done up in his best SS Harley Quinn. He made no attempts to hide his gender. And if you saw the smile on his face just to be there, you couldn't have stopped him with a bull dozer.

I try not to sweat the jerks as a general rule, but it can be tough sometimes. Wasn't that a famous actor's kid? He looked adorable if so(I've seen the pics), and I'm jealous my parents would never allow me to dress as female characters for Halloween....

I will try my best, though I'm gonna need to get in shape to pull off that skin tight outfit Mara wears. I want to get in shape for other reasons as well. Smiley

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5028 on: August 15, 2017, 01:01:44 AM »

If I had that as a preference I'd never get to cosplay anything but original characters lol

As I said, that's why I generally would only do custom characters, If I actually had anywhere to actually wear a costume that is.  About the only character I could pull off (if I lose the gut) would be Wolverine (incidentally, one of 2 characters I can relate to)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5029 on: August 15, 2017, 02:29:40 PM »

"Never give up. Never surrender."

I paid my apprentice $5 to ask this guy if he was a little short for a storm trooper? He totally laughed it off and said he gets that a lot. But his costume was to the 9s. He even had a voice modulator in his helmet that made his voice sound like it was coming over the com. Just awesome.

(for reference, my apprentice is 5'11")

I try not to sweat the jerks as a general rule, but it can be tough sometimes. Wasn't that a famous actor's kid? He looked adorable if so(I've seen the pics), and I'm jealous my parents would never allow me to dress as female characters for Halloween....

I will try my best, though I'm gonna need to get in shape to pull off that skin tight outfit Mara wears. I want to get in shape for other reasons as well. Smiley

Time to self incriminate. The first Halloween costume I ever picked for myself, I was about 3 or 4yo, was the Wicked Witch of the West. That bitch was scary, and I was going to go as her for Halloween.

I can see where a Mara Jade cosplay would prove difficult for someone not comfortable in their own skin. But sometimes the best cosplays are achieved by those that find a way of working around "issues" and overcoming insecurity of not being perfect. It has been my experience that cosplaying is less about what you look like and more how you feel.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5030 on: August 15, 2017, 03:21:40 PM »

Hi Guys and Gals, I believe that Darth Justicar assembled an awesome Kylo Ren(let) costume even though being a "little on the short side" (I don't think DJ would mind me saying that!). DJ overcame the physical differences by studying and then really acting the part, "inhabiting" the character.
I think Darth Justicar did a fantastic job and their confidence grew as a result. You can find the thread about the process here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27329.msg404686#msg404686

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5031 on: August 15, 2017, 04:11:41 PM »

Hi Guys and Gals, I believe that Darth Justicar assembled an awesome Kylo Ren(let) costume even though being a "little on the short side" (I don't think DJ would mind me saying that!). DJ overcame the physical differences by studying and then really acting the part, "inhabiting" the character.
I think Darth Justicar did a fantastic job and their confidence grew as a result. You can find the thread about the process here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27329.msg404686#msg404686

Yes this one...

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5032 on: August 15, 2017, 07:59:18 PM »

Yes this one...

Yep, that's the Renlet I was referring to! Thanks Darth Logos for posting the picture, point incoming.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5033 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:46 PM »

Time to self incriminate. The first Halloween costume I ever picked for myself, I was about 3 or 4yo, was the Wicked Witch of the West. That bitch was scary, and I was going to go as her for Halloween.

I can see where a Mara Jade cosplay would prove difficult for someone not comfortable in their own skin. But sometimes the best cosplays are achieved by those that find a way of working around "issues" and overcoming insecurity of not being perfect. It has been my experience that cosplaying is less about what you look like and more how you feel.

My main one was the Yellow Power Ranger. Despite the fact that Yellow was A GUY in the Japanese version(which all the "morphed" Ranger action was LITERALLY the scene from the Sentai overdubbed in English), yellow in itself isn't a particularly feminine color, and I would be wearing a mask when at the people's doors, I was made to compromise and be the Red Ranger who was my second choice. Why? Because the idiot costume company recycled the Pink Ranger outfit template and made a completely inaccurate version with a skirt. At 8 years old I didn't care, I was just obsessed with saber toothed tigers and Yellow was my favorite. Though I won't lie, I secretly DID see an excuse to wear a skirt.... but no my parents couldn't get past "everyone will see our 'son' dressed as A GIRL OMG!"(They even said this, though not literally in those words) That, along with some other things told their daughter that her feelings weren't valid and anything aside from conforming to her birth gender were never to be tolerated. So she got older and overcompensated, ultimately making things harder on herself and everyone else. Thanks a lot for the body dysmorphia, eating disorder, clinical depression and suicidal tendencies. At least you're happy and no one saw me in a skirt that Halloween....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5034 on: August 17, 2017, 01:48:52 PM »

My main one was the Yellow Power Ranger. Despite the fact that Yellow was A GUY in the Japanese version(which all the "morphed" Ranger action was LITERALLY the scene from the Sentai overdubbed in English), yellow in itself isn't a particularly feminine color, and I would be wearing a mask when at the people's doors, I was made to compromise and be the Red Ranger who was my second choice. Why? Because the idiot costume company recycled the Pink Ranger outfit template and made a completely inaccurate version with a skirt. At 8 years old I didn't care, I was just obsessed with saber toothed tigers and Yellow was my favorite. Though I won't lie, I secretly DID see an excuse to wear a skirt.... but no my parents couldn't get past "everyone will see our 'son' dressed as A GIRL OMG!"(They even said this, though not literally in those words) That, along with some other things told their daughter that her feelings weren't valid and anything aside from conforming to her birth gender were never to be tolerated. So she got older and overcompensated, ultimately making things harder on herself and everyone else. Thanks a lot for the body dysmorphia, eating disorder, clinical depression and suicidal tendencies. At least you're happy and no one saw me in a skirt that Halloween....
And you couldn't have removed the skirt? Don't get me wrong, Trini was pretty, but didn't exactly have much to hide in the way of curves.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5035 on: August 17, 2017, 06:09:02 PM »

When the postman decides to come earlier than he ever has, carrying my package from Ultra Sabers, and I'm out walking the dogs with my daughter and no one else is home and miss the delivery because a signature is required... grrrr... now I've gotta wait til the end of the day or tomorrow morning to go pick it up at the Post Office.  Why oh why did he have to come an hour earlier than he usually does?!   Tongue  Ah well... at least it's here in my town now... a Shock LE and a Mystery Box saber... yippee!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5036 on: August 17, 2017, 06:38:19 PM »

When the postman decides to come earlier than he ever has, carrying my package from Ultra Sabers, and I'm out walking the dogs with my daughter and no one else is home and miss the delivery because a signature is required... grrrr... now I've gotta wait til the end of the day or tomorrow morning to go pick it up at the Post Office.  Why oh why did he have to come an hour earlier than he usually does?!   Tongue  Ah well... at least it's here in my town now... a Shock LE and a Mystery Box saber... yippee!
Come to the dark side. We have ways..........

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5037 on: August 17, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

Just called the Post Office and the driver is back, so I can go pick it up any time.  Whew! That was a close one. Tempted by the Dark Side I was...  Roll Eyes

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5038 on: August 17, 2017, 07:17:51 PM »

Just called the Post Office and the driver is back, so I can go pick it up any time.  Whew! That was a close one. Tempted by the Dark Side I was...  Roll Eyes
Normally that is what I have to do, I got very lucky yesterday and got home the same time that the driver pulled up!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5039 on: August 17, 2017, 07:54:39 PM »

Ha ha, awesome. It was the will of the Force!

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: