Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288537 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5385 on: October 10, 2017, 10:21:06 PM »

Accidentally hit the "restart for updates" button and had to wait two kriffing hours for my work comp to "update" before I could use it.  GOOD TIMES.   Roll Eyes

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5386 on: October 11, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »

I usually like stuff developed by AutoDesk. But I had to attempt to use Catia in college. It was the devil.

I liked it too but here in Europe, Autodesk almost disappear from the Market. AutoCAD 3D is only barely (an almost exclusively in the building industry) used and Inventor is not a best seller. Here, we have about 1/3 for CREO, 1/3 for NX and 1/3 for CATIA ...

Accidentally hit the "restart for updates" button and had to wait two kriffing hours for my work comp to "update" before I could use it.  GOOD TIMES.   Roll Eyes

I always loved that too  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5387 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:24 AM »

It's 3 am.. been up for like 2 hours I think
Found out yesterday the recent cause for my deep depressive state, mood swings, yes suicidal thoughts, irritability, sudden emotional changes like crying and fear, memory loss, blah blah blah, etc, all due to a side effect of a med I was taking called Keppra.
Usually used for seizures, it's sometimes effective in bipolar patients. Being that I'm hypersensitive and an empath, not by freaking choice, I get all the damn side effects, which to my dismay, where worsening of depression and all I listed. Dr kept increasing the dosage, so in past 2 weeks, I've been like WTF!!! This ain't me! Why am I crying?! Why can't I remember a date? Where did I leave my tape measure? Looking at someone smile, I'm like "why are you smiling, and @#*! you for being happy".. just uncharacteristically not me..well mostly..
So I was so in the dumps I forgot to take them Monday, bought all the star wars tix Monday night. Was watching baseball game and knocked out.. forgot to take the night dose.. woke up feeling clearer headed.. so that's when I'm like, f'n pills! Gotta be them. Researched, saw all the negative BS online about it.. pissed off. Damn things were destroying me.

So today, drag my ass back to psychiatrist, more meds. Fingers crossed we find something. There's things that'll work. But, most make me gain weight. I've lost 45 lbs.. I can gain that quick!! Cuz when you're happy, in my case, you eat! Others, well, side effects are more to the affect concerning my hypersexual issues, too much, too little.. so I'm f'd all around!! Been through probably 150 meds in about 10 years.. some worked for long stretches, others, YIKES!! Trial and error.

Mental health is a bitch. I wish I didn't have it, don't wish it on any of you. Only positive I take from it is that I can help others that aren't in great mental shape. I mean, right now, I'm a dumpster fire, but when I'm not, I'm a decent person. The stupid divorce, wish it'd be done too. That doesn't help. If I had my way, I'd want to write and go to school to become a therapist. I enjoy helping others cope. Writing, I have the stories, all in the brain, just need the time to type them out and the balls to publish them. 1 is done, 4 are a third done.. bipolar rollercoaster prevents me from working on just one..

So, I've been writing, hoping I'd get sleepy, am I'm not even getting close.. so I'll end by saying if you know anyone, or are struggling yourself, with depression, find someone to talk to, or get help.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5388 on: October 11, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »

That's when I go to lunch.......and take a nap. Grin

I liked it too but here in Europe, Autodesk almost disappear from the Market. AutoCAD 3D is only barely (an almost exclusively in the building industry) used and Inventor is not a best seller. Here, we have about 1/3 for CREO, 1/3 for NX and 1/3 for CATIA ...
I know AutoCAD can have its bugs from time to time, but for 2D I can't find more agreeable software. Now as far as ease of 3D modeling, the best system I ever used was Unigraphics. I just never learned how to develop it into a dimensioned print. Sad

Found out yesterday the recent cause for my deep depressive state, mood swings, yes suicidal thoughts, irritability, sudden emotional changes like crying and fear, memory loss, blah blah blah, etc, all due to a side effect of a med I was taking called Keppra.
Usually used for seizures, it's sometimes effective in bipolar patients. Being that I'm hypersensitive and an empath, not by freaking choice, I get all the damn side effects, which to my dismay, where worsening of depression and all I listed. Dr kept increasing the dosage, so in past 2 weeks, I've been like WTF!!! This ain't me! Why am I crying?! Why can't I remember a date? Where did I leave my tape measure? Looking at someone smile, I'm like "why are you smiling, and @#*! you for being happy".. just uncharacteristically not me..well mostly..
So I was so in the dumps I forgot to take them Monday, bought all the star wars tix Monday night. Was watching baseball game and knocked out.. forgot to take the night dose.. woke up feeling clearer headed.. so that's when I'm like, f'n pills! Gotta be them. Researched, saw all the negative BS online about it.. pissed off. Damn things were destroying me.

So today, drag my ass back to psychiatrist, more meds. Fingers crossed we find something. There's things that'll work. But, most make me gain weight. I've lost 45 lbs.. I can gain that quick!! Cuz when you're happy, in my case, you eat! Others, well, side effects are more to the affect concerning my hypersexual issues, too much, too little.. so I'm f'd all around!! Been through probably 150 meds in about 10 years.. some worked for long stretches, others, YIKES!! Trial and error.

Mental health is a bitch. I wish I didn't have it, don't wish it on any of you. Only positive I take from it is that I can help others that aren't in great mental shape. I mean, right now, I'm a dumpster fire, but when I'm not, I'm a decent person. The stupid divorce, wish it'd be done too. That doesn't help. If I had my way, I'd want to write and go to school to become a therapist. I enjoy helping others cope. Writing, I have the stories, all in the brain, just need the time to type them out and the balls to publish them. 1 is done, 4 are a third done.. bipolar rollercoaster prevents me from working on just one..

So, I've been writing, hoping I'd get sleepy, am I'm not even getting close.. so I'll end by saying if you know anyone, or are struggling yourself, with depression, find someone to talk to, or get help.
Might be a long shot, but have you considered seeing an herbalist? I had a friend that had a degree in it. She said most of what you find in a pharmacy is derived from natural sources. But the natural sources are often times easier for the body to handle.

Hang tough. Trials make you strong. <fist bump>

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #5389 on: October 11, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »

Might be a long shot, but have you considered seeing an herbalist? I had a friend that had a degree in it. She said most of what you find in a pharmacy is derived from natural sources. But the natural sources are often times easier for the body to handle.

Hang tough. Trials make you strong. <fist bump>

Haven't, but psych is a health nut so he might be for it.. I'll run it by him today.. thanks for the heads up

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5390 on: October 11, 2017, 01:20:09 PM »

I know AutoCAD can have its bugs from time to time, but for 2D I can't find more agreeable software. Now as far as ease of 3D modeling, the best system I ever used was Unigraphics. I just never learned how to develop it into a dimensioned print. Sad
I usually like stuff developed by AutoDesk. But I had to attempt to use Catia in college. It was the devil.

As a person who uses AutoCAD on an every day basis for a living, it really is the easiest 2D software to use.

Also, CATIA is not Autodesk. It's actually a development of Dassault.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5391 on: October 11, 2017, 01:47:19 PM »

As a person who uses AutoCAD on an every day basis for a living, it really is the easiest 2D software to use.

Thought so. I usually only need it for 2D work. But yesterday I was attempting to perform a simple extrusion to a 3D part for a fab print. It's something I've done at least 200 time, if not more. The system refused to recognize the profile as an extrudable entity. So I got smarter. I broke up the geometry into smaller parts, converted them to multiple polylines, and endeavored to extrude those with the intent to fuse them together. No dice. Two of the smaller profiles aren't recognized. Angry So then I redo them and after about 10 more iteration get them to extrude. But when I copy, the     EXACT    SAME    polylines that I just used to extrude the first part, they won't all extrude.

Also, CATIA is not Autodesk. It's actually a development of Dassault.

I wasn't saying that. I was just saying that I generally get along with AutoDesk software regardless of the specific program. And as a sidenote I sympathized that CATIA sucks donkey dong.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5392 on: October 11, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »

Thought so. I usually only need it for 2D work. But yesterday I was attempting to perform a simple extrusion to a 3D part for a fab print. It's something I've done at least 200 time, if not more. The system refused to recognize the profile as an extrudable entity. So I got smarter. I broke up the geometry into smaller parts, converted them to multiple polylines, and endeavored to extrude those with the intent to fuse them together. No dice. Two of the smaller profiles aren't recognized. Angry So then I redo them and after about 10 more iteration get them to extrude. But when I copy, the     EXACT    SAME    polylines that I just used to extrude the first part, they won't all extrude.

Use the OVERKILL command. It removes duplicate entities that are colinear, so if you have one line on top of another, it will get rid of the duplicates.

Once that is done, use the JOIN command to join the remaining items together into a single polyline. Repeat the command if they don't all join together at once.

If you still have issues, use FLATSHOT to create a 2D setup of the polylines that are all guaranteed to be coplanar. That should work.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5393 on: October 11, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

Use the OVERKILL command. It removes duplicate entities that are colinear, so if you have one line on top of another, it will get rid of the duplicates.

Once that is done, use the JOIN command to join the remaining items together into a single polyline. Repeat the command if they don't all join together at once.

If you still have issues, use FLATSHOT to create a 2D setup of the polylines that are all guaranteed to be coplanar. That should work.
I checked all that crap. All endpoint Z coordinates began and ended @ 0. JOIN is part of my polyline creation process. I PEDIT after using LINE and FILLET. I even tried selecting individual entities when converted to polylines, so I knew exactly what was being put in. Nada. The bigger rub is that I've extruded far more complex geometries before with no issues. I think perhaps a bug transferred over from when I copied the original profile from the customers DXF. I think they used Solid Works/Edge, and ACAD doesn't always get along with that system.

But thanks for the tips.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5394 on: October 11, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »

I checked all that crap. All endpoint Z coordinates began and ended @ 0. JOIN is part of my polyline creation process. I PEDIT after using LINE and FILLET. I even tried selecting individual entities when converted to polylines, so I knew exactly what was being put in. Nada. The bigger rub is that I've extruded far more complex geometries before with no issues. I think perhaps a bug transferred over from when I copied the original profile from the customers DXF. I think they used Solid Works/Edge, and ACAD doesn't always get along with that system.

But thanks for the tips.

FLATSHOT should handle any bugs by essentially creating new geometry.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5395 on: October 11, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »

FLATSHOT should handle any bugs by essentially creating new geometry.
Tried it. It seems to only handle Blocks. I'm not dealing with blocks.

Sig by For Tyeth

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5396 on: October 11, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »

Haven't, but psych is a health nut so he might be for it.. I'll run it by him today.. thanks for the heads up

Used to be on depression medicine sertraline for many years prescribed by my general doctor, had night sweats almost every night, would start shaking and vomiting if I didn't take them, finally had a nervous breakdown where I had to take a week of leave from work.  Had to be interned in a mental health facility which I quickly got out of by faking that I was ok because it was obviously just a money pit preying on the weak.  Almost got a divorce with my wife who could not handle me anymore even though to me I was "normal" and she was the problem.  Then went to psychiatrist, he prescribed even more pills for mood, sleep, etc.  Started hearing voices at night, no joke.  Finally went nuts broke through the neighbors fence kool aid man style, started chasing their angry barking rottweiler, with a little gardening spade.  Was so wacked out and scary that their big mean guard dog ran away for it's life (probably would have killed it with my bare hands in the state I was in).   Needless to say I spent a couple weeks in a state sponsored retreat where I forcefully detoxed.  When I was finally clear of all the stupid drugs in my system and had a chance to reflect and meditate, all my mental health issues started going away.  The deep anxiety and depression I felt subsided and eventually vanished.  Now I just go see a psychotherapist every now and then that cannot prescribe drugs, and talk through any issues I may have.  My life got way better, got a new job where I was not mistreated and get paid more money (my previous job was full of abusive, deceitful, assholes headed and instigated by the owner of the company), completely repaired my relationship with my wife through marriage counseling, and am more mentally healthy than I ever was before.

The reason I share this deeply personal experience, is to say that psychiatric drugs are little understood and are often not the answer to mental health issues.  They may help for a little while but may become addictive and lead to worse side effects.  I completely agree with DL that herbal or natural means are much better, such as my favorite, vitamin B12.  Hope you recover M5 and be wary of any prescriptions provided by any doctor for mental health issues.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #5397 on: October 11, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »

Depression is something awful man ... i tried meditation by the past ...

Unigraphics is now known as NX ... a very Nice system ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5398 on: October 11, 2017, 07:03:45 PM »

In todays mindset, medicating the problem is the first solution instead of the last...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5399 on: October 11, 2017, 07:04:30 PM »

In todays mindset, medicating the problem is the first solution instead of the last...
Stupid doctors.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: