Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288450 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #5880 on: December 29, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »

That's okay. You can tell folks you're not horny, just hungry.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5881 on: December 29, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

Let's re-coin this as vexplaining.
Can't help but feel this is aimed at me from another thread.

I seriously have no idea what you're talking about?  Like I said, I have navy blue hair and I hear this all the time (and I'm not even middle-aged!), so how is it aimed at you??  A lot of the people I work with have pink, blue, green, etc. hair and they are about my age and hear it also.  Not sure why you took that personally, weirdo.  Wink

News flash: being that this is a Humans Only forum, and humans generally like to see and share things that they find attractive, it was inevitable to broach the subject. It makes for interesting exchanges when people share who they find attractive. In fact, Jev and I bonded (somewhat) over how our taste in women is almost identical. I've spent a considerable time on that thread. Matters of attraction have always been a fascinating study for me. What I'm also intrigued by is the occasional homosexual post. Although not as common as heterosexual selections, men admitting that they can see the attractive qualities of another man is refreshing. The "man-crush" as it were. I find it equally intriguing when one can admit that they are attracted to someone that is not the industry standard of beauty. And despite some posts by those that felt the need to skirt the intent and decorum of the thread, I don't think it's as bad as you're depicting it. Plus, some people only have taste in their mouth. Undecided

Yeah, I feel the same way, man.  I mean, I like all the humans myself, but it always makes me smile when a straight person can look at someone of the same sex as themselves and be like, "that person is HOT."  Attraction is attraction. I also think it's cool to see what others find attractive.  I know my particulars are definitely not mainstream, so when I see that someone else likes what I like, I smile.  

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #5882 on: December 30, 2017, 12:20:34 AM »

Reality is starting to set in... I need to sock away some money for a new computer.
I just can't upgrade it anymore, it's got nothing left to give.
Of course the AMD Phenom II x2 560 (3.30ghz) Processor was hot stuff back in the day when I put it on the MSI (Micro Star) 880G-E45 Mother Board... throw 12gigs of DDR3 and a NVidia 740 GT graphics card and I could game with the best... 6 years ago...
Now, not so much... and it's starting to annoy me that I can't seem to do what I want to do in games I own.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Layana
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -354

Dark side points please ^^

« Reply #5883 on: December 30, 2017, 09:25:35 PM »

How so?

How often did you, a dude, have been hit by a girl unwanted? Or have been touched by a girl unwanted? How often did you, a dude, have been hit by another dude unwanted? Or have been touched by a dude unwanted? Several times a year? If so, man, that's hard: welcome to my world as a woman. If not? Go figure.

And when was last time you heard a man complain about a woman being overly interested? Undecided

... I rest my case. No further explanations needed. But it's not a gendered thing. No way. Never. I hope you like sacarasm. And with this, I'm away from this forum for a long time, because of guys like you and DaddyFlip. Well done.

Owned:
Spectre (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (Diamond)
Dark Sentinel V4 (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Flamberge V2, Adegan Silver sideblades (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dark Prophecy, Blazing Red (Obsidian V4)
Prophecy, Guardian Blue (Obsidian V4)
Dark Sentinel V4, Sun Rider's Destiny (Obsidian V5)
Dark Apprentice v4, Guardian Blue (Stunt)

Sold:
Dark Shock (Emerald & Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, TRI Consular Green (Obsidian V4)
Dominix LE V3, Adegan Silver (Stunt)
Aeon LE V4, Consular Green (Stunt)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5884 on: December 30, 2017, 09:41:41 PM »

*sigh*  Well, looks like the New Year is shaping up just fine.  I think I'll be taking a break myself...

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5885 on: December 30, 2017, 10:16:19 PM »

Dang! I like having you two around.

BTW, Layana, I've heard from several moderators that the kinds of things Flip was saying and how they made you feel can and should be brought to their attention.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5886 on: December 30, 2017, 11:03:43 PM »

Dang! I like having you two around.

BTW, Layana, I've heard from several moderators that the kinds of things Flip was saying and how they made you feel can and should be brought to their attention.

This subject matter brings all kinds of feelings up in people...and no one can discuss it rationally.  Added with The Last Jedi stuff and things going on in life...I think I just need a break from online drama..in all forms.  I might pop back  up to give my review of my Emperors Hand when it arrives..but other than that....be safe this new year everyone.  Happy New Year

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5887 on: December 30, 2017, 11:04:33 PM »

This subject matter brings all kinds of feelings up in people...and no one can discuss it rationally.  Added with The Last Jedi stuff and things going on in life...I think I just need a break from online drama..in all forms.  I might pop back  up to give my review of my Emperors Hand when it arrives..but other than that....be safe this new year everyone.  Happy New Year

I hear ya.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5888 on: December 31, 2017, 12:22:46 AM »

Whats the deal with airline food?

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #5889 on: December 31, 2017, 12:44:11 AM »

Then let's bring it to attention because there's no need for actual, personal strife to result from an internet forum that's supposed to be fun. I've reviewed the forum rules; I didn't write anything that breaks them explicitly. I've re-read the entire thread; I didn't write anything that breaks the rules implicitly nor did I make any personal attacks or imply that anything I wrote or was thinking was directed at any individuals. My commentary was directed entirely at the film throughout and my intention was to be light-hearted, even in my follow up comments and references to the films.

As far as I can tell, the one thing that allegedly caused offense was half of one of the 10 points I made about the film - 5%.  The original accusation was that this point might be my only concern, which it obviously was not. It followed, then, that I've "got massive problems in [my] head", that "maybe [my] view is skewed. No, not maybe. Definetly [sic]," and I'm a "Jerk". A thorough review of the thread showed that this partial point was negative regarding the character she called, "Best badass goodie! Loved her. Maybe I will cosplay her." I can understand defending something you like when it's attacked, but I disagree there was cause in this case to take it personal.

It is clear that the plaintiff has strong opinions about many topics, both fictional and non-fictional, and we're made aware of this in several places on the forum where she posts something and then writes, "Case rested" as if her opinion is the only one that's right, noble, and good (or twisted, demented, and evil if you're a dark sider? Wink). In the thread, if someone says 'yup, this', she says, 'nope, bullshell'. If another says their depressed by the film, she says it's their fault, their wrong for feeling that way, she can't do anything about their feelings and she doesn't understand this way of thinking. Which pretty much sums up this issue; no one here can do anything about anyone else's feelings, especially if it is clear that there is no personal attack and no intent to be ugly, rude, disrespectful, or discourteous. I made my points like everyone else, got attacked like some of the others, and defended my position without getting personal while continuing to take personal attacks. But if someone says something that she disagrees with, then they might have massive problems and be a skewed jerk. And I'm the defendant in this?

In closing, I recognize I'm the noob and not the typical forum participant. My interest could be fleeting, but at this time, my interest is intense and I've seen a lot to like and so far it's been a cool place to hang out. My personal forum philosophy is chew the fat, swallow the meat, and spit out the bones so you don't choke. This means that there's always going to be things that ruffle my feathers, but I don't let it get to me such that I take it personal. And I don't get personal with anyone online that I don't "know". I understand that it might not be this easy for others, but I'm dumbfounded that this became an issue. OKAY TRYING TO KEEP IT FUN HERE ---> I notice those who side against my position at the end of this thread are all dark siders; maybe you should try the light side for a bit. Venting over. Try to have fun the rest of this year and Happy New Year.  Smiley

@DS... airlines are mass transit. Case Rested!  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5890 on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:17 AM »

Oh, boy...

This may actually make matters worse, but I'm not going to be silent.

Rule #1. Be nice to each other
This is a very laid back, friendly kind of place, we want everyone to feel welcome.

Clearly your comments did not make Layana feel welcome. Rule broken. Yes, her calling you a jerk also violated this rule, but I have a tendency to be harsher on the instigator.

I read your comments on the other thread, and at first reading I saw how you meant them to be read, but I could also see how some of the others might, and ultimately did, interpret them. They came off as chauvinistic and demeaning to women. You then tried to clarify and explain your intent. Fine, but you then continued with the objectification of women with which they took issue. You just kept at it, when you should have instead apologized, stopped with the tone you were presenting, and moved on to a different topic of conversation or just left the thread entirely. I really think it would have played out differently had you simply apologized. And meant it.

Now, based on this post, it's their fault. Really?! It's not.

Please stop.

Then let's bring it to attention...

As you wish.

Moderators notified.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #5891 on: December 31, 2017, 04:27:35 AM »

I seem to have started a ruckus....

Look, there are bad people regardless of gender. Fact. But here's the thing, I only just made the transition to regularly presenting female in public, and already I've two incidents this month that were actually scary. There was an earlier one that was probably the absolute scariest and most unsettling thing. v

A friend of mine has a soon to be ex-husband who is a bit of a loose canon, very unstable, jealous, controlling, and downright abusive(not typically physically). Basically he's a piece of shell. A couple of weeks back she walked out on him with the kids, and another friend and I ran to pick her up. We stopped at a grocery store and she sent me in to get some cold medicine and drinks for the kids. While I was in there, he came to the store and tried to get her in his car, but she managed to get back in our car and leave, but he chased her back to our friend's community, luckily a gated one that prevented him from perusing any further. Well he came back to the grocery store as I was waiting for my friends to return for me(I was on the phone for the incident prior), as soon as he saw me, the look on his face was not a kind one. He parked outside the exit trying to trap me inside, but I was able to sneak out the entrance door and get to a gas station across the street, so I got away, but that 15 minutes until they got me felt like hours.

This guy knows about me. He knows I'm not biologically female, and he gets jealous even when she hangs out with OTHER BIOLOGICAL FEMALES. (He told my friend something like "I thought the tranny was a real girl until he opened his mouth." after the only time I met him, so yeah do with that what you will.) He's also way bigger than me, isn't a girl, has mental issues, and is in the "Brooke's technically a dude" camp, so I was pretty damn scared. I'd have little hope of defending myself, beyond screaming(which is the one vocal range I'm still pretty clearly male in which lessens the chance of people helping me out), if I wasn't at a busy supermarket, who knows.

Then this guy leaning into my own vehicle, not a month later, and trying to hit on me? Let's just say I'm woke now. I heard the stories and like some of you guys I was like "yeah it sucks but..." then I lived that crap. And I haven't seen the worst of it yet I'm sure.

Yeah, it's a gender problem.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5892 on: December 31, 2017, 04:36:38 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that, TJ

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #5893 on: December 31, 2017, 05:11:17 AM »

I'm not speaking up to invalidate experiences and struggles of others. But a dangerous person can be any gender. And a bias/sexist person can be any gender. Why do I get put through the presumptive interpretation of these other men? I'm no stranger to women gasping when I turn a corner like I'm some dangerous ogre man. But that's their sexism rearing it's ugliness. I have muscles and shoulders. I take no pride in it. It's not an accomplishment. Nor is it a threat. I am not a violent person. I don't invade other's personal space or dominate anyone. But female coworkers are regularly disrespectful and vengeful, while I'm expected to ignore it. If a woman wants a compliment that I fail to give, there are consequences, yet if I pay an unwanted one, it's considered creepy, so I say nothing on the matter of appearance. Women pat me on the chest or squeeze my arm, or slap my arm when they don't like what I've said, and it's supposed to be 'harmless' or 'flirting'. I'm not looking to talk about a woman's looks in the positive or negative, but a woman can talk about my weight, height and muscles as categories for their satisfaction. Mocking me is not flirting or jovial because it comes from a woman. I won't honk your hooter, don't check my arm muscle by squeezing or asking me to flex. I've had numerous situations where I was mindful that I'm alone with a woman who might be afraid of me physically, just like I'm afraid of what she'll accuse me. I do my best to find ways to provide comfort and reassurance, but that can also be turned against me as if I'm patronizing. I've had female coworkers go to great lengths to misunderstand something I've said without giving me the slightest hint that something came out wrong. Men who misunderstand usually immediately say, "What?!" and calmly listen while I rephrase. With the exception of a few on this forum who appear to be looking for a fight. But not every woman is the same, nor every man. The social 'rules' are inherently different when physicality is different. But experiences and choices are not uniform by gender. Assuming otherwise is disrespectful to everyone.

This 'gender' problem, is a society problem. The problem is that we aren't thinking as individuals and treating each other as equal individuals. Do you want your words twisted? Do you want to be categorically lumped in with people while their words get twisted?

(I'm also not intending to justify some of the stuff others have said recently. I haven't like some things said, but there are internet trolls that thrive on it when we respond and engage. Face to face, I can shut it down. Online is making it worse.)

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #5894 on: December 31, 2017, 05:30:53 AM »

How often did you, a dude, have been hit by a girl unwanted?

Got hit on by once by a girl who was CLEARLY not of age. She looked no older than 14 and I was 30 at the time. No thank you.

Or have been touched by a girl unwanted?

See above. Plus another instance with an of-age woman who was hotter than the surface of the sun, but her personality was sorely lacking (vapid, vain, and mean-spirited) and she was, shall we say, lacking in the personal hygiene department.

How often did you, a dude, have been hit by another dude unwanted? Or have been touched by a dude unwanted?

It happened precisely once. Guy made a pass at me. I politely informed him that I wasn't interested. Then he grabbed my ads. At that point, I not-so-politely reminded him that I wasn't interested via a broken finger.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: