Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288454 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6060 on: January 17, 2018, 05:00:24 AM »

Yup, everyone is there to do something that most consider a messy necessity, not gawk and be lewd.

Some people really need to understand that. At worst I may stop at the mirror to reapply lip gloss or fix my eyeliner(the horror!), then out. I don't see the big deal, tbh.

Also trust me, that body part doesn't make you more uncomfortable than it makes me.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6061 on: January 17, 2018, 06:09:16 AM »

Some people really need to understand that. At worst I may stop at the mirror to reapply lip gloss or fix my eyeliner(the horror!), then out. I don't see the big deal, tbh.

Also trust me, that body part doesn't make you more uncomfortable than it makes me.

I have a much more cavalier view on some of it.  I've spent my whole life among groups that don't care... goths, larpers, rennies, and have so many drama friends.  Body is body.  And make up is make up.  Bathroom time is takin care of business time (with the occasional at home couple/group shower adventure). 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6062 on: January 17, 2018, 06:24:26 AM »

I have returned, briefly, to vent so I don't blow a head gasket.

Today made me consider mass murder, just before opening the district manager and the regional HR rep came by to inform the leadership team that or glorious leader (GM) has asked for immediate transfer and is making noises like she is going to cut and run anyway so throughout the week all of the assistant managers and the other full fledged manager will interview for the position. one of my manatee brained peons up an walked out an hour later, didn't even clock out. around mid day a customer went to one of the other assistant managers to report two people getting it on in the mens room, then said assistant manager asked me to go pull them out of there, one of those busy people was an employee who was terminated on the spot, the other was a regular customer who was not so politely told to not come back. My relief never showed up and the mid-shift manager had an appointment after her shift so I got to spend the rest of the day growling at my misbehaving miscreants and politely pointing customers to the correct aisle, which they would realize if they could read.

that is all.

Another wonder endearment of the joy of working with the General Public. (Sorry your day was so bad.)

It really is too bad we don't have that, or an employee restroom in back would be nice as well. It's a bathroom people, I mean really...

I don't see why they make it such a big deal, I honestly wouldn't care if a woman came into the men's room and used it.  When you have to go, you have to go, it happens.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6063 on: January 17, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »

Every place needs a family restroom for many different reasons. Of course taking young kids to restroom but don't forget handicap or older family members that NEED help and they are not always the same sex as the person helping them.

My step son has Epilepsy and has seizures every day, not the possibility of them but has them every day. He is 17, because of several brain surgeries etc his behavior is more like a 12 year old. But he still has the body of a 17 year teenager boy. So he can't exactly go into the women's restroom with his mother if I'm not around. So my wife has to let him go by himself into the men's and then worry as every minute passes that he is Ok in there.

And trust there are many people that have it much worse then we do. So like I said there sound be family restrooms every where.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6064 on: January 17, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »

Today made me consider mass murder,
It's not "mass muder", it's a culling.   Roll Eyes

I'll talk to my manager again next shift and see if using the ladies room is still best, or using the men's may be better. Honestly it's awkward for me either way, I try not to go to the bathroom unless I'm home, because I honestly feel like I don't belong in EITHER. Being told that today only helped reinforce that feeling. But I do think in time it won't be an issue.
New plan: If anyone gives you flack, simply inform them that their shell stinks the same as yours, and when you have to go you have to go. All toilets lead to the sewer.

I don't see why they make it such a big deal, I honestly wouldn't care if a woman came into the men's room and used it.  When you have to go, you have to go, it happens.
Precisely. How many of us haven't used facilities designated for the other sex? I say just be respectful of the appropriate bathroom etiquette for each room and you should be good. Not sure what rules are in place for a women's room beyond lifting the seat or remaining seated Wink, but no talking and no eye contact in the men's room. All good.

Every place needs a family restroom for many different reasons. Of course taking young kids to restroom but don't forget handicap or older family members that NEED help and they are not always the same sex as the person helping them.

My step son has Epilepsy and has seizures every day, not the possibility of them but has them every day. He is 17, because of several brain surgeries etc his behavior is more like a 12 year old. But he still has the body of a 17 year teenager boy. So he can't exactly go into the women's restroom with his mother if I'm not around. So my wife has to let him go by himself into the men's and then worry as every minute passes that he is Ok in there.

And trust there are many people that have it much worse then we do. So like I said there sound be family restrooms every where.
I say your wife should just make it a point to screw convention and make verbal checks to see if anyone else is in the men's room. If no, then she's clear to check on her son. If yes, simply explain your the situation if the need arises. But it has been my experience that men are far more forgiving that a woman is in the men's room than vice versa.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6065 on: January 17, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »

I have a much more cavalier view on some of it.  I've spent my whole life among groups that don't care... goths, larpers, rennies, and have so many drama friends.  Body is body.  And make up is make up.  Bathroom time is takin care of business time (with the occasional at home couple/group shower adventure). 

Honestly, I'm female to the customers. I rarely get misgendered or clocked since I started wearing the "girl's" uniform. The issue is my coworkers seem to think of me as still male, so that's where the issue comes in.

New plan: If anyone gives you flack, simply inform them that their shell stinks the same as yours, and when you have to go you have to go. All toilets lead to the sewer.
Precisely. How many of us haven't used facilities designated for the other sex? I say just be respectful of the appropriate bathroom etiquette for each room and you should be good. Not sure what rules are in place for a women's room beyond lifting the seat or remaining seated Wink, but no talking and no eye contact in the men's room. All good.
I say your wife should just make it a point to screw convention and make verbal checks to see if anyone else is in the men's room. If no, then she's clear to check on her son. If yes, simply explain your the situation if the need arises. But it has been my experience that men are far more forgiving that a woman is in the men's room than vice versa.

The problem is, they could turn that around as a reason I should use the men's room. People are FAR more protective of female spaces than male ones, that's why men rarely, if ever, use women's facilities. However women using men's facilities is fairly common, though not an everyday practice. I could get into the reasons for this, but you all probably know....

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6066 on: January 17, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »

Honestly, I'm female to the customers. I rarely get misgendered or clocked since I started wearing the "girl's" uniform. The issue is my coworkers seem to think of me as still male, so that's where the issue comes in.

The problem is, they could turn that around as a reason I should use the men's room. People are FAR more protective of female spaces than male ones, that's why men rarely, if ever, use women's facilities. However women using men's facilities is fairly common, though not an everyday practice. I could get into the reasons for this, but you all probably know....
Then you just answered the problem. You wear the "girl" uniform, then you pee where the girls pee.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6067 on: January 17, 2018, 06:45:14 PM »

Then you just answered the problem. You wear the "girl" uniform, then you pee where the girls pee.

This answer wins the internet.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6068 on: January 17, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »

This answer wins the internet.

That's what my manager(who's a cis woman) said, essentially. "You dress like a girl, you need to use the ladies' room."

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6069 on: January 17, 2018, 07:07:53 PM »

That's what my manager(who's a cis woman) said, essentially. "You dress like a girl, you need to use the ladies' room."
I love it when I'm right. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6070 on: January 17, 2018, 09:12:58 PM »

You use the restroom of the gender you identify with.  Period.  if people don't like it, that's THEIR kriffing problem, not yours.  They can't get past their own discomfort?  Well, too heckin' bad.  We have a unisex restroom in our gym in addition to the male and female ones and that's the one I use.  I look pretty androgynous for the most part so I rarely get questions anymore, but jeez.  It's a BATHROOM.  Why are people so damn weird about everyone else's business?

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6071 on: January 17, 2018, 09:59:35 PM »

Wanna solve that problem? It's simple. You make bathrooms be individual. One toilet. One sink. Period. Do that and it won't matter who is using what bathroom.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

DaddyFlip
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 37

^DarthScrub Avatar Mod!

« Reply #6072 on: January 17, 2018, 11:43:22 PM »

Wanna solve that problem? It's simple. You make bathrooms be individual. One toilet. One sink. Period. Do that and it won't matter who is using what bathroom.

THIS answer wins the Internet.

The problem has nothing to do with bathrooms; it's fear of change. People fear change regardless of what's changing.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6073 on: January 18, 2018, 12:35:58 AM »

You use the restroom of the gender you identify with.  Period.  if people don't like it, that's THEIR kriffing problem, not yours.  They can't get past their own discomfort?  Well, too heckin' bad.  We have a unisex restroom in our gym in addition to the male and female ones and that's the one I use.  I look pretty androgynous for the most part so I rarely get questions anymore, but jeez.  It's a BATHROOM.  Why are people so damn weird about everyone else's business?

Exactly! I can see the discomfort in extreme cases, like someone who looks like Vin Diesel walking into the ladies room like "I identify as female."

But what we're talking about here is someone who looks like this:

(That' not my work uniform, but yes that is me.)

I'm pretty sure I look like someone who belongs in the girl's room.

(Sig by me!)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #6074 on: January 18, 2018, 12:56:04 AM »

You belong in the girl's room.  Anyone who says differently can kriff off. 

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: