Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288456 times)
Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6195 on: January 30, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »

It has been my observation that although men generally look more frequently for opportunities to compete, women are far more aggressive in their competitiveness.
Yes, we are

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6196 on: January 30, 2018, 03:46:02 PM »

Yes, we are
You're still not getting my EH.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6197 on: January 30, 2018, 04:06:06 PM »

You're still not getting my EH.
I actually wasn't angling for your EH on that comment. I was remembering how vicious we could be on the field during Lacrosse.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6198 on: January 30, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »

I actually wasn't angling for your EH on that comment. I was remembering how vicious we could be on the field during Lacrosse.
Meh. Same same.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6199 on: January 30, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »

Meh. Same same.
I guess beating you with a cross isn't any different than beating you with a lightsaber. <insert something about taking your EH here> yada yada...

Darkside Points Please

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6200 on: January 31, 2018, 05:28:07 AM »

It has been my observation that although men generally look more frequently for opportunities to compete, women are far more aggressive in their competitiveness.

We are.

I hate math. Algebra specifically. Such a stupid and useless concept that is currently ruining my college career!

I was so confused after ONE DAY of Elementary Algebra, my teacher and I have decided to see if it's possible that I go EVEN FURTHER DOWN into Pre-Algebra. (As if being in what amounts to middle school math didn't make me feel stupid enough) We're not sure if I'll be able to move down. I was thinking of dropping it completely in favor of another class entirely, but it may be too late to do so. Grrrr.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6201 on: January 31, 2018, 05:46:59 AM »

We are.

I hate math. Algebra specifically. Such a stupid and useless concept that is currently ruining my college career!

I was so confused after ONE DAY of Elementary Algebra, my teacher and I have decided to see if it's possible that I go EVEN FURTHER DOWN into Pre-Algebra. (As if being in what amounts to middle school math didn't make me feel stupid enough) We're not sure if I'll be able to move down. I was thinking of dropping it completely in favor of another class entirely, but it may be too late to do so. Grrrr.

So, a revelation that may or may not help with algebra...  Algebra is mostly just regular math, with the question mark(s) replaced with a letter.

I hate math as well.  In a horrible twist of fate, I was always good at it.  Like my brain just did math.  Then they wanted me to show work, and I wanted to hit them over the head.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6202 on: January 31, 2018, 05:54:40 AM »

So, a revelation that may or may not help with algebra...  Algebra is mostly just regular math, with the question mark(s) replaced with a letter.

I hate math as well.  In a horrible twist of fate, I was always good at it.  Like my brain just did math.  Then they wanted me to show work, and I wanted to hit them over the head.

My problem is, I don't have all the tools yet. My knowledge base is somewhere in the middle of pre-algebra, yet somehow they INSISTED that I tested into elementary algebra when I took my placement testing...not sure how that could possibly have happened, but okay.

(Sig by me!)

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6203 on: January 31, 2018, 05:57:23 AM »

My problem is, I don't have all the tools yet. My knowledge base is somewhere in the middle of pre-algebra, yet somehow they INSISTED that I tested into elementary algebra when I took my placement testing...not sure how that could possibly have happened, but okay.

Probably because taking a placement test, you could get the right answers to the questions, but as far as a class, you don't have the knowledge base to support the understanding.  The problem with Algebra being basically just regular math with letters, is your brain can often do the problems, but the theories and concepts of how/why aren't there yet. 

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6204 on: January 31, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »

We are.

Middle School?  It was high school before I had even heard of Algebra

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6205 on: January 31, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »

Probably because taking a placement test, you could get the right answers to the questions, but as far as a class, you don't have the knowledge base to support the understanding.  The problem with Algebra being basically just regular math with letters, is your brain can often do the problems, but the theories and concepts of how/why aren't there yet. 

Especially seeing how the placement testing they use does not allow you to leave blank answers. You HAVE TO pick an option(it was all multiple choice.). This probably caused me to guess just enough right that I seemed more proficient than I actually am.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6206 on: January 31, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »

We are.

I seriously never understood people's hatred of Algebra. If you want to hate on a math, hate calculus........or that other bullshell that shall not be named. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Illyiss
Knight Commander

« Reply #6207 on: January 31, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »

For me, it's more that I hated math classes.  Repetitive and most of the ways they are taught speaks down to the students.  I got bored and irritated.  Do you mean the "T" word?

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6208 on: January 31, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »

For me, it's more that I hated math classes.  Repetitive and most of the ways they are taught speaks down to the students.  I got bored and irritated.  Do you mean the "T" word?

That's one of my main problems. Also the whole "practice makes perfect" thing. Practice is GREAT, if it's something you enjoy and wish to be better at. However when it's something you don't really understand, and don't like in the first place, finding the will to practice is difficult.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6209 on: January 31, 2018, 07:01:16 PM »

Do you mean the "T" word?
No. Trig was fun. I'm trying to stay civil today, so I'm not going to get into the subject that shall not be named.

That's one of my main problems. Also the whole "practice makes perfect" thing. Practice is GREAT, if it's something you enjoy and wish to be better at. However when it's something you don't really understand, and don't like in the first place, finding the will to practice is difficult.
Although I enjoyed math immensely, I supremely disliked teachers that felt it necessary to assign 60 problems for homework.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: