Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288457 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6825 on: May 30, 2018, 04:48:42 PM »

Looks like we need to keep DL away from the infinity stones!  Wink

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6826 on: May 30, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »

My wife and I walked out of that movie in agreement - Thanos is a hero!  So glad I married a fellow supervillain Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6827 on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »

I've got bigger plans than culling the universe.

My wife and I walked out of that movie in agreement - Thanos is a hero!  So glad I married a fellow supervillain Wink
My partner in crime and I had similar feelings.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6828 on: May 30, 2018, 06:19:45 PM »

His idea..yes.  Execution.  No.   Specific targeting would be nessecary

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #6829 on: May 30, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »

I've got bigger plans than culling the universe.

Do these plans include cheese?

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6830 on: May 30, 2018, 08:03:00 PM »

Do these plans include cheese?
I don't know. Did cheese do you wrong?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #6831 on: May 30, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

I don't know. Did cheese do you wrong?

I have cheese in my veins ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6832 on: May 30, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »

I don't really know how you'd go all the way to "license to breed," that seems like a legislative and logistical nightmare. Especially since, sadly, it's near impossible to tell who would be a good parent or not. I've known people whom I was scared for the child upon hearing they were having a kid, but turned out to be really great parents. On the flip side I've known parents who everyone thought were exceptionally well equipped and would make great parents, but ultimately dropped the ball. We'd still need to be able to jump in when we're wrong and someone who got licensed turns out to be a bad parent, even though they were exceptional candidates.

I think we could do more however, like setting age limits to be able to keep the baby, possibly setting a cap on number of children allowed.....though not sure how that can be enforced.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6833 on: May 30, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »

I don't really know how you'd go all the way to "license to breed," that seems like a legislative and logistical nightmare. Especially since, sadly, it's near impossible to tell who would be a good parent or not. I've known people whom I was scared for the child upon hearing they were having a kid, but turned out to be really great parents. On the flip side I've known parents who everyone thought were exceptionally well equipped and would make great parents, but ultimately dropped the ball. We'd still need to be able to jump in when we're wrong and someone who got licensed turns out to be a bad parent, even though they were exceptional candidates.

I think we could do more however, like setting age limits to be able to keep the baby, possibly setting a cap on number of children allowed.....though not sure how that can be enforced.

I am curious: How do you reconcile the idea of limiting the ability to have a child and the right to terminate a pregnancy?  If its really "my body, my choice" then how can you tell ANYONE they can't conceive?   I mean, its not like there isn't a remedy available if the pregnancy is unwanted, right?  How is telling someone they CANNOT have a child any different than telling someone that they have to have one i.e. that they cannot have an abortion?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6834 on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:14 PM »

I am curious: How do you reconcile the idea of limiting the ability to have a child and the right to terminate a pregnancy?  If its really "my body, my choice" then how can you tell ANYONE they can't conceive?   I mean, its not like there isn't a remedy available if the pregnancy is unwanted, right?  How is telling someone they CANNOT have a child any different than telling someone that they have to have one i.e. that they cannot have an abortion?

Without getting political (this is going to be rough Roll Eyes) basically licensing for breeding would run similar to a driver's license: you have a kid without license you face serious judicial consequences, possibly jail time. The idea being that people need to take their ability to reproduce more responsibly. So if you are bound and determined to not have kids, go ahead and get the "snip-snip". NTM, if having a child is truly important too you, you will do everything in your power to provide for that child. By their very nature, a good parent would get the license because they want a child.

FYI Karm, I'm not going on that idiotic ideology of licensing only specific individuals that have superior genetics BS. (I can't remember what 'ism that is.) This is more a greater deterrent against those that would go frell around and produce a child that they had no intention of raising properly, and then burdening society with more dregs.

Yes there would be obstacles to think around to develop the system, but I haven't thought about that in depth yet. Wink

Sig by For Tyeth

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6835 on: May 30, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »

a little old lady in a scraped up 740i cut me off, then crossed another lane of traffic (without indicating), and nearly ran over a motorcyclist who then ended up laying on the median. Thankfully she didn't end up laying in the opposing lanes, and apart from minor road rash and some bruising, she is alright. She isn't too happy about her bike being a write off (It ended up under a truck) but hopefully her insurance will replace it.

Of course the lady in the beamer didn't stop.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6836 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:22 PM »

Without getting political (this is going to be rough Roll Eyes) basically licensing for breeding would run similar to a driver's license: you have a kid without license you face serious judicial consequences, possibly jail time. The idea being that people need to take their ability to reproduce more responsibly. So if you are bound and determined to not have kids, go ahead and get the "snip-snip". NTM, if having a child is truly important too you, you will do everything in your power to provide for that child. By their very nature, a good parent would get the license because they want a child.

FYI Karm, I'm not going on that idiotic ideology of licensing only specific individuals that have superior genetics BS. (I can't remember what 'ism that is.) This is more a greater deterrent against those that would go frell around and produce a child that they had no intention of raising properly, and then burdening society with more dregs.

Yes there would be obstacles to think around to develop the system, but I haven't thought about that in depth yet. Wink

First, let me say that I had no thought that anyone was talking about Eugenics.  :-)  And not getting political is tough, but I guess I just can't see how you can reconcile limiting reproductive rights in one arena (birth) and not in another (termination).  After all, you have a remedy for unwanted pregnancy, and the law has stated that reproductive rights are just that - rights.  It seems like a logical inconsistency to me to say on one hand that a woman can terminate at any time because she has a right to do so and has full control over her body, but then also tell a woman that she cannot have a child without a license.  What happened to her rights?

I was going to go further, but i cannot see any way to proceed with this conversation without breaching politics.  And probably religion, too.  :-)  So, bowing out.  :-)  Shoot me a PM and we can take the discussion off-line if you'd like to continue it. 

Karm

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6837 on: May 30, 2018, 09:54:47 PM »

In the same vein as third degree questions that I brought up earlier.  I get there are people who LOVE their birthdays.  As baffling as it is to me I know some people even celebrate the whole Month that their Birthday is in.  But, I don't care about my birthday, in fact I kind of hate it.  When people find out my Birthday is nearing or has passed and find out I planned or did nothing special on it..again..the third degree as to why. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6838 on: May 30, 2018, 10:07:09 PM »

In the same vein as third degree questions that I brought up earlier.  I get there are people who LOVE their birthdays.  As baffling as it is to me I know some people even celebrate the whole Month that their Birthday is in.  But, I don't care about my birthday, in fact I kind of hate it.  When people find out my Birthday is nearing or has passed and find out I planned or did nothing special on it..again..the third degree as to why. 

(makes note to not celebrate DT's b-day)    :-)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6839 on: May 30, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »

a little old lady in a scraped up 740i cut me off, then crossed another lane of traffic (without indicating), and nearly ran over a motorcyclist who then ended up laying on the median. Thankfully she didn't end up laying in the opposing lanes, and apart from minor road rash and some bruising, she is alright. She isn't too happy about her bike being a write off (It ended up under a truck) but hopefully her insurance will replace it.

Of course the lady in the beamer didn't stop.

I've often seen irresponsible drivers sow chaos and never even know they did it, let alone stop and take responsibility.  Glad to hear no one was seriously injured.

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: