Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288490 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6870 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:34 PM »

Okay everyone.  Let's dial back the intensity of your venting and keep it Forum appropriate.  Do the Moderators need to be more specific or is this clear enough.  Thanks.  Undecided

If you check the " always stay logged in " option when signing in... this should allow you to make longer posts without running out of time.  That being said... I still have lost some of my messages because of forum or internet related issues... so irritating... this is my vent.  Smiley

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6871 on: June 03, 2018, 04:40:19 PM »

I can't stand when I am typing out a long response on the forum and hit post, and it tells me it timed out and deletes everything I wrote... Angry

Ouch... had that happen a time or two.  I'm sorry.

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6872 on: June 03, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »

So I had to switch browsers, but I got the Target/Starbucks application to work(for some reason Target does the hiring for in store Starbucks locations... I really hope they don't also pay less. Undecided)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Asuan
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

Gray Jedi

« Reply #6873 on: June 03, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »

So I had to switch browsers, but I got the Target/Starbucks application to work(for some reason Target does the hiring for in store Starbucks locations... I really hope they don't also pay less. Undecided)

Target has licensed/franchised that star bucks and while it has to meet and hold to star bucks standards you are actually employed by Target.  I worked for Bakers once upon a time, for the Starbucks.  Same deal and our pay there was the same as the stand-alone Starbucks.

Sage Master and Form 1 Instructor
Affiliated with: Kyber Odyssey Saber Academy
Jedi Council of Florida( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969827806616014/ )
Dark Apprentice V4 VA
Scorpion FO
Dark Initiate V2 SRD
Dark Initiate V2 AB
Dark Sentinel v4 R

----Wish List---
2x Yari Pike W/ Couplers (Black/Silver) {Saving $ to buy. 28/94}
Dark Sentinel v4 Staff in Violet Amethyst {Saving $ to buy for Yule}

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6874 on: June 03, 2018, 07:48:35 PM »

Target has licensed/franchised that star bucks and while it has to meet and hold to star bucks standards you are actually employed by Target.  I worked for Bakers once upon a time, for the Starbucks.  Same deal and our pay there was the same as the stand-alone Starbucks.

As long as they pay a decent enough wage, give me hours, and treat me nicely, it doesn't really matter which company I technically work for...

(Sig by me!)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6875 on: June 04, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »

For longer posts, if you're concerned about timing out, hitting "preview" occasionally works too. 

Hope it works out well for you TJ.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6876 on: June 04, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

Yes but we still make you prove that you're unfit to own one, and even that's pretty difficult. Same with driving, we hand licenses out like candy, basically. Licensing just doesn't work all that well.
Like I said, I hadn't ironed out the details yet. If done properly, I believe the system could work. But then...when have people ever worked properly? Wink

I'm not okay.. not at all... So much hate.  I'd kill if jail wasn't a possibility... but i do not look good in stripes or orange.
And what alleged a-hole are you looking to maim to death?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6877 on: June 04, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »

Seriously, what is sun?! STOP RAINING AND LET US HAVE SOME!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6878 on: June 04, 2018, 04:41:23 PM »

Seriously, what is sun?! STOP RAINING AND LET US HAVE SOME!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

Be careful what you wish for. It stopped raining here, and then it was like in the mid-90s for a solid week.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6879 on: June 04, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »

Answered the summons for Jury Duty today...
Thankfully I was not one of the "Lucky" Chosen, so I got to be dismissed at 10:30am...
But now I'm off work for the rest of the day and have chores to do... toilet that needs repaired ($5.00 flapper, but still) dishes and laundry need done... all things I'd rather not do on my day off.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6880 on: June 04, 2018, 04:55:03 PM »

Answered the summons for Jury Duty today...
Thankfully I was not one of the "Lucky" Chosen, so I got to be dismissed at 10:30am...
But now I'm off work for the rest of the day and have chores to do... toilet that needs repaired ($5.00 flapper, but still) dishes and laundry need done... all things I'd rather not do on my day off.
Way to ditch the system. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #6881 on: June 04, 2018, 05:45:36 PM »

I got a just got a ticket for, “not wearing a seat belt”?!? Really?!? What is that?!?! How is that a violation worth being pulled over?!? How can an officer even observe that at 60 mph?!? 
During the course of my regular 20-25 minute each way, mostly thruway I-90, daily commute to work, I observe some of the most heinous and egregious acts of dangerous driving known to human kind. On a daily basis!!!! Crazy excessive speed, dangerous lane changes, road rage, going way too slow in the left lane, texting, talking on the phone, smoking drugs, on and on... I see this everyday. Am I doing any of that? NO!!! Just driving along, almost to the last exit right by my house, I undid my belt to reach over and get my sun glasses because the sun was actually out for once, and 30 seconds later there is a trooper right up my rear end like a maniac, lights flashing and pulling me over like some sort of bank robber.  Not speeding, texting or doing anything potentially dangerous other not having my seat belt on for a short period of time....
There is a court appearance date or I can just plead guilty by mail and pay a fine. According to google in NY it’s $50 plus court fees (probably another $50), probably not worth showing up to court to fight. But hell, that’s the price of a mystery box saber shipped!
I’m not getting political, just venting, but this sure seems more like harassment than an effective use of law enforcement. Ugh. 

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6882 on: June 04, 2018, 05:50:10 PM »

I got a just got a ticket for, “not wearing a seat belt”?!? Really?!? What is that?!?! How is that a violation worth being pulled over?!? How can an officer even observe that at 60 mph?!? 
During the course of my regular 20-25 minute each way, mostly thruway I-90, daily commute to work, I observe some of the most heinous and egregious acts of dangerous driving known to human kind. On a daily basis!!!! Crazy excessive speed, dangerous lane changes, road rage, going way too slow in the left lane, texting, talking on the phone, smoking drugs, on and on... I see this everyday. Am I doing any of that? NO!!! Just driving along, almost to the last exit right by my house, I undid my belt to reach over and get my sun glasses because the sun was actually out for once, and 30 seconds later there is a trooper right up my rear end like a maniac, lights flashing and pulling me over like some sort of bank robber.  Not speeding, texting or doing anything potentially dangerous other not having my seat belt on for a short period of time....
There is a court appearance date or I can just plead guilty by mail and pay a fine. According to google in NY it’s $50 plus court fees (probably another $50), probably not worth showing up to court to fight. But hell, that’s the price of a mystery box saber shipped!
I’m not getting political, just venting, but this sure seems more like harassment than an effective use of law enforcement. Ugh. 
The same way I always knew to shut up and look at the passing pretty girls in college.....mad skillz. Tongue

Was it back on by the time the officer approached your vehicle?

Also, does your state have deferred infraction?

Sig by For Tyeth

Musashi Padawan
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 174

Warrior Poet

« Reply #6883 on: June 04, 2018, 06:00:33 PM »

The same way I always knew to shut up and look at the passing pretty girls in college.....mad skillz. Tongue

Was it back on by the time the officer approached your vehicle?

Also, does your state have deferred infraction?
Yeah, I had the belt back on before I even stopped the car. I do not believe NY has deferred infraction, at least that’s what google seems to think. I don’t know anything about traffic laws because, I AM A GOOD DRIVER!!!!

On YouTube
“Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." ~ Miyamoto Musashi

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6884 on: June 04, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »

Yeah, I had the belt back on before I even stopped the car. I do not believe NY has deferred infraction, at least that’s what google seems to think. I don’t know anything about traffic laws because, I AM A GOOD DRIVER!!!!
Yeah, yeah. We all are. Tongue

1) How much is the ticket?
2) Ask someone if it might be worth fighting.
3) Deferred infraction is a program, at least in IN, where you pay a little extra, keep your nose clean for the requisite duration, and the ticket disappears from your record without your insurance ever knowing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: