Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288534 times)
Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6930 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:12 PM »

People who tailgate at night with their frakking highbeams on. Not to mention people who seem to be unable to dim them coming the other way and those stupid should be illegal headache inducing blue headlights. I am serious if someone pulls up beside me during the day with those lights I get a headache if they are going the opposite way it is like an icepick in both eyes.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6931 on: June 10, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »

People who tailgate at night with their frakking highbeams on. Not to mention people who seem to be unable to dim them coming the other way and those stupid should be illegal headache inducing blue headlights. I am serious if someone pulls up beside me during the day with those lights I get a headache if they are going the opposite way it is like an icepick in both eyes.

Newer lights overall I feel are too bright.  If your low beams are enough to blind me something is wrong.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #6932 on: June 10, 2018, 11:05:30 PM »

He's tailgating you with his brights on in case you want to read.  He's a thoughtful guy.  Wink

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6933 on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:22 AM »

I tend to keep them on in the car I've been driving because the low beans are absolutely terrible. I don't have a problem seeing in other cars.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6934 on: June 11, 2018, 02:34:16 PM »

He's tailgating you with his brights on in case you want to read.  He's a thoughtful guy.  Wink
Well, if he's casting that much light and he's close, flip him off.

I have often said that there is a startlingly large number of motorists that should thank their lucky stars that I do not have command of the Force. Otherwise there would be crumpled heaps of metal littering the sides of all the roads I travel. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6935 on: June 11, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »

Ugh, Xenon headlights are THE WORST.

ESPECIALLY when someone is tailgating you on the highway.

When someone does that, my rearview mirror auto dims, but it's still uncomfortably bright. To compensate for the inherent dangers, I slow down.

It's not my fault that I just so happen to slow down and match speed with an 18 wheeler or that the ass end of my car is just close enough to the front of the 18-wheeler to prevent the jackass behind me from changing lanes to go around me...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6936 on: June 11, 2018, 06:46:49 PM »

Ugh, Xenon headlights are THE WORST.
Are those the annoyingly bright white headlights, or are those LED?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #6937 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »

Are those the annoyingly bright white headlights, or are those LED?

The superbright lights with the bluish tint.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6938 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:18 PM »

The superbright lights with the bluish tint.
Yeah

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6939 on: June 11, 2018, 07:36:50 PM »

Those are a good idea in theory. The problem with those headlights is not the amount of light or brightness they produce. The problem is the concentration of that light....or rather the lack there of. They wouldn't be a problem if they concentrated the light into an actual beam, like they're supposed to. Instead they just throw light out on the road, which does accomplish the goal of giving you better vision in dark, but has the unfortunate side effect of throwing really bright light in other driver's faces.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6940 on: June 11, 2018, 07:42:48 PM »

Those are a good idea in theory. The problem with those headlights is not the amount of light or brightness they produce. The problem is the concentration of that light....or rather the lack there of. They wouldn't be a problem if they concentrated the light into an actual beam, like they're supposed to. Instead they just throw light out on the road, which does accomplish the goal of giving you better vision in dark, but has the unfortunate side effect of throwing really bright light in other driver's faces.
No the problem with them is that although they offer more light for the driver, which is a very good thing, they are an absolute hazard for on-coming traffic because, holy shell I can't see anything beyond this blinding light. Then you flash your brights at them, and they flash you back utterly melting the eyeballs from the sockets.

If I ever get my hands on the numb nuts that implemented these and those damned LED bars...in the words of Sol, "There will be frelling murders."

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6941 on: June 11, 2018, 07:50:21 PM »

No the problem with them is that although they offer more light for the driver, which is a very good thing, they are an absolute hazard for on-coming traffic because, holy shell I can't see anything beyond this blinding light.

That's literally what the last part of my post said, as you can see. I know your reading comprehension tends go down when you're hangry, perhaps you should eat a Snickers.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6942 on: June 11, 2018, 07:52:38 PM »

I know your reading comprehension tends go down when you're hangry, perhaps you should eat a Snickers.

You do realize that I'm more than likely going to be the same foul tempered Sith Lord after the Snickers, right?

Sig by For Tyeth

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6943 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:11 PM »

You do realize that I'm more than likely going to be the same foul tempered Sith Lord after the Snickers, right?

At least you had a delicious Snickers though....has to count for something.

(Sig by me!)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6944 on: June 11, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »

True. I'll most likely be foul tempered with a smile on my face. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: