Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288456 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #8100 on: June 18, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »

Me: When was the last time you restarted your computer?
Them: 3 times this morning
Me checking, it hasn't been restarted in 45 days....
Me rebooting and them saying: "I'm not sure why it worked for you"

That phrase alone that one right there

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8101 on: June 18, 2020, 09:21:04 PM »

That phrase alone that one right there

Honestly I have had that happen tons of times.  Someone comes along and does the exact and I do mean exact series of actions I did but get a different outcome.  Its like going to the doctor because of a fever but its gone by the time you get there.....which I have also had happen.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8102 on: June 19, 2020, 03:09:32 AM »

only place i thought i could post this lil rant ... i placed an order for a dark sentinel v4 staff just over 6 weeks ago a simple stunt no sound your basic saber with  hvy blades and quick coupler  im now reading folks receiving the same hilts in 4 weeks or less.... this i dont get ...waiting was ok it is what it is but how does a similar order get fulfilled before older order ? is it because bigger order then mine or returning customer thing Huh and yes i sent an email a 8 days ago checking for some kind of update .. tell me out of stock pick another anything but these other orders taken care of just puzzles me ( im happy for those folks who got theirs sincerly )

thanks for letting me vent

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8103 on: June 19, 2020, 01:44:10 PM »

Honestly I have had that happen tons of times.  Someone comes along and does the exact and I do mean exact series of actions I did but get a different outcome.  Its like going to the doctor because of a fever but its gone by the time you get there.....which I have also had happen.

Unfortunately that situation is the exception, not the rule. "I dont know why it worked for you" is usually client code for "I didnt even try to do what you told me to do so ill lie to cover my butt so you dont know I didnt do my job." problem is; we know. We always know.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8104 on: June 19, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

Unfortunately that situation is the exception, not the rule. "I dont know why it worked for you" is usually client code for "I didnt even try to do what you told me to do so ill lie to cover my butt so you dont know I didnt do my job." problem is; we know. We always know.

I'm sure it is.  Technology and me have a very weird relationship.  I have caused machines to go haywire with no discernable cause.  Many techs have scratched their heads over my issues.  It's never a simple fix.   

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8105 on: June 19, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »

I'm sure it is.  Technology and me have a very weird relationship.  I have caused machines to go haywire with no discernable cause.  Many techs have scratched their heads over my issues.  It's never a simple fix.   

I have a few clients like that. Most of them are pleasant enough people.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8106 on: June 19, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »

I have a few clients like that. Most of them are pleasant enough people.

I had a PsP many years ago that just decided to stop playing one game (Soul Calibur).  The disc was fine because it would play on other PsP's....my PsP seemed fine because it would play every other game.  The Sony tech was quite perplexed.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8107 on: June 19, 2020, 04:05:59 PM »

I had a PsP many years ago that just decided to stop playing one game (Soul Calibur).  The disc was fine because it would play on other PsP's....my PsP seemed fine because it would play every other game.  The Sony tech was quite perplexed.

I have a few ideas that could cause an oddity like that, but I get what you mean.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8108 on: June 19, 2020, 11:11:36 PM »

I'm sure it is.  Technology and me have a very weird relationship.  I have caused machines to go haywire with no discernable cause.  Many techs have scratched their heads over my issues.  It's never a simple fix.  

That...must really suck.

I have more or less the opposite effect, machines at my work won't be working, but when I show up, suddenly they do. Half the time I don't even need to do anything, people go to show me what the machine is doing wrong, except then it suddenly works fine. And it has nothing to do with the standing threat I have that any machine that doesn't work for me gets turned into a programable toaster oven.

In the second case I plugged the ethernet cable for the network back into the machine (no idea why it was unplugged in the first place, and of course no one will admit to having done it). And it worked.

This happened again today. With the exact same machine. Having the exact same problem. With the exact same solution...

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8109 on: June 20, 2020, 10:42:01 PM »

"Hi. I know there's a process for asking questions and getting order statuses. I don't care. I'm special because I ordered my saber(s) knowing full well that it will take a long time to get them, but they aren't here yet. I don't want to have to wait in line with everyone else who's waiting for a status, I want special access to be able to cut in line and get my questions answered because I'm special and entitled to special treatment. Because I'm obviously the only person who has ordered a saber in the last year, so I don't understand why the company doesn't stop everything it's doing to find my order and immediately update me on it's status."

I might be getting tired of seeing these posts....

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #8110 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:11 PM »

"Hi. I know there's a process for asking questions and getting order statuses. I don't care. I'm special because I ordered my saber(s) knowing full well that it will take a long time to get them, but they aren't here yet. I don't want to have to wait in line with everyone else who's waiting for a status, I want special access to be able to cut in line and get my questions answered because I'm special and entitled to special treatment. Because I'm obviously the only person who has ordered a saber in the last year, so I don't understand why the company doesn't stop everything it's doing to find my order and immediately update me on it's status."

I've been tired of for a while.  I'm tired of a lot of poop these days.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #8111 on: June 21, 2020, 12:21:53 AM »

I had responded to a few of them, now I'm just gonna ignore them.  Let them do what they want.

The sabers I ordered are to be Christmas gifts for my kids.  I won't deny that I'm anxious and hoping that there won't be a problem or issue with the sabers themselves; I NEED this to be a perfect grand slam home run for them.  I've had too much go wrong for us this year, in the worst way.  But I refuse to sweat about the waiting time.  I'd rather it take an extra week or so and be perfect the first time around.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8112 on: June 21, 2020, 04:21:27 AM »

I agree with you more than I know how to express.  I’m tempted to copy/paste this very comment as a response to every one of these I see.  I probably won’t, because although the people posting these kinds of messages are the ones who most need to learn this lesson, the fact that they posted the totally self-centered and oblivious post is prima facie evidence that they won’t get their heads far enough out of whatever place they put them to get the point.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

« Reply #8113 on: June 23, 2020, 12:30:32 AM »

Very, very few things on the forums have made me more angry than this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1403.msg770751#msg770751 .

In fact, it's entirely possible that nothing on the forums has made me more angry than that.

HesaHeart
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

Adapt.Improvise and Overcome

« Reply #8114 on: June 23, 2020, 01:53:48 AM »

Very, very few things on the forums have made me more angry than this: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1403.msg770751#msg770751 .

In fact, it's entirely possible that nothing on the forums has made me more angry than that.

i agree that was uncalled for

( Light points when earned )

Various fan art and fiction
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=12.0

Own
 Dark Sentinel staff LE v4 - tri red

Wish list
Arbiter staff - blazing red-sound
Phantasm LE V4 staff - AS blade - stunt
Raven in staff setup - color ?? - stunt

Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print